“It Does Not Get Much Better in São Paulo”

Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo
Ranked #5 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is the first time I have experience the Grand Hyatt in São Paulo and I was impressed. The hotel is extremely well run. One can tell that the staff is well trained. Service is excellent. Housekeeping was far superior to most 5 star hotels I have experienced.The maid that came in for the turn down service at night thoroughly cleaned the bathroom. When I arrived in the morning I took a shower.The night maid completely cleaned the shower and put out fresh towels/ This is one of the few hotels that has full bars of soap by the sink and shower.Great shower heads. The Japanese restaurant has some of the best sushi I have sampled. The restaurant off the main menu puts on a nice buffet lunch with a fabulous cold table. The club lounge on the 20th floor does a nice continental breakfast and cocktail hour.Upon check out I was even asked if I had checked the safe to make sure I did not leave anything. In the 250,000 air miles I fly per year their has never been anyone at check out that asked me if I left anything in the safe.Very impressive. The GM of this hotel must be a true professional as this hotel is extremely well run.I will be back!

Room Tip: Splurge and stay on the club level.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I was pleased to read that our staff was able to surprise and delight you with excellent service that reflects our authentic hospitality. It was also a pleasure to know that our Granado amenities made such a memorable impression during your stay. On your next visit, please allow me to suggest that you visit our Granado store, located in the lobby area, by the elevators. It offers a selection of fine Brazilian cosmetics and excellent travel souvenir options for your friends and family. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon on your next trip to São Paulo.

There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Traveling upwards of 175 days a year in South- and Central America I see my share of hotels, and the Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo is definitely one of the best.
The property is beautiful, immacualtely kept, with excellent and functional rooms, top amenities and most important of all with a service proposition that means nothing is too much trouble.
I will without any doubt keep staying at Sao Paulo whenever I am in town for business, and would seriously consider it should I come here with my family.
This sort of excellence does not come cheap, but then nothing does in Sao Paulo.

Room Tip: The difference between a regular room and a grand club room is so marginal that if you will just hav...

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you for your reccommendation to TripAdvisor travellers. Your kind words strengthen our commitment to providing authentic hospitality and to offering sophisticated accommodations for business, relaxation and leisure in the city. I would like to take this opportunity to present our loyalty program, Hyatt Gold Passport™, in case you are not yet a member. It offers exclusive benefits to our loyal customers, such as complimentary nights, free upgrades and much more. Our team of receptionists will be delighted to assist with enrollment on your next visit. We will always be at your disposal for future needs in São Paulo and hope to welcome you and your family very soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo underwent an extensive renovation of part of its lobby where the Italian restaurant was located.
I am a regular at the hotel and it continues to be my favorite hotel in Sao Paulo. The service is excellent and the staff are always very friendly and try to identify requests before being asked.
The former Italian restaurant is now called C Restaurant with accompanying C Bar. The menu is more international than before. This is where breakfast is served but also lunch and dinner.
By adding a bar now for the first time guests can frequent a bar without having to leave the main building - which can be wet when it rains. The feel is that of a coffee bar.
Overall, my bar preference is still the Upstairs Bar in the adjacent building, as the beverage selection in C Bar is more limited, but for coffee lovers - which I am not - I would recommend to stop at C Bar first. The equipment looks very professional.

Room Tip: Request a room with bridge view - that way you can see the beautiful bridge as well as the TV broadc...

Dear Mr. Sprenger,
It was pleasing to read your review, as it is always a pleasure to welcome you in our hotel. Thank you for your recommendation regarding our new restaurant, C-Cultura Caseira. The newly renovated space was inspired by Brazilian gastronomic heritage, the dishes of the restaurant feature comfort food flavored by the influences of Portugal and Italy and intend to rescue the emotional and affective memories through superb taste. We hope to continue welcoming you in the Upstairs Bar, C-Cultura Caseira and in our hotel.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

As a frequent traveller to São Paulo I appreciate the consistent product from Hyatt which is not present in most Brazilian hotels - the Hyatt is a strong 5 stead business hotel - things work, you can rely on the eConcierge, rooms are clean and efficient and the food is good.

The only draw back is location - you can't walk to restaurants outside the hotel (security is an issue everywhere in SP) and in traffic you are a close but a long way from everything in Zona Sul.

I'll keep staying on every SP trip!

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor to get away from the noise of Marginal - the club floor is well worth the ex...

Dear Guest,
It was a great pleasure to receive your review. We are very proud and happy to read that our consistency, e-Concierge services, accommodations and cuisine were to your liking and made your stay memorable. As São Paulo experiences quite intense traffic during peak hours, the journey to other locations can actually feel much longer at these times. Therefore, our Concierge team is always happy to offer city traffic advice to our guests and help them to discover nearby restaurants and bars, since we are located very closely to gastronomic neighborhoods such as Vila Olimpia and Itaim Bibi. Also, knowing that you´ll be staying with us more often, please let me suggest that you enroll in our Hyatt Gold Passport™ loyalty program, in case you are not yet a member. It offers exclusive benefits to our loyal customers, such as complimentary nights, free upgrades and much more. Our team of receptionists will be delighted to assist with enrollment on your next visit. We hope to welcome you once again very soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This was our first time in Sao Paulo and our stay could not have been better. The hotel itself was very clean and modern. Every interaction with hotel employees, including the cleaning staff, was friendly, polite and professional. One night after dinner, I asked a receptionist at guest services where I might take a nice photo of the nearby Octavio Frias de Oliveira bridge. Rather than directing me to the outdoor bar area, she had someone escort me immediately to what could only be the presidential suite, which had a *perfect* view of the bridge. I had all the time I wanted to try different exposure settings until I got just the right shot. Really excellent service.

1  Thank keldba

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I could not be happier reading your comments and observing that we were able to achieve our main goal, that is providing authentic hospitality and offering sophisticated accommodations for business, relaxation and leisure in the city. Your comments have been shared with our guest services staff and I thank you for the recommendation on TripAdvisor. We all look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Hotel seems to be relatively new. Room was very nice, clean, comfortable though not overly spacious. Breakfast was good too ... a decent variety of fruit, bread, etc. Check-in and check-out fast enough with friendly service. The one thing I don't understand is why wi-fi/Internet has a cost, almost 20 bucks a day. The other thing is traffic in São Paulo is terrible. Just waiting for a taxi to show up can take some time.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us and other travellers your impressions regarding your last stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our accommodation and breakfast selection. Regarding our Internet charges, it costs BRL 45 for the day. The cost of a high quality band width Internet connection is unfortunately very high in Brazil, one of the highest in the world. We do offer special packages with Internet and breakfast included, please feel free to contact us directly next time you would like to visit us as we will surely find a special offer that matches your needs. As São Paulo experiences quite intense traffic during peak hours, the journey to other locations can actually feel much longer at these times. Therefore, our Concierge team is always happy to offer city traffic advice to our guests or schedule a taxi in advance for our guests. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The hotel has superb installations and great service! Since the hotel is so big I expected an impersonal service but what I got was the opposite. You fell really welcome there and all the staff greets you with a smile. The room is really comfortable and the breakfast really well served. Just one tip regarding the breakfast,,, The eggs and hot plates must be ordered a la carte as some items that are included. Just check with the waiter of the additional items that are not presented on the buffet.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Thelma,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to welcome you in our hotel and restaurants. Your kind words strengthen our commitment to providing authentic hospitality and to offering sophisticated accommodation for business, relaxation and leisure in the city. We will always be at your disposal for future needs in São Paulo and hope to welcome you again very soon.