“Very nice, but very expensive”

Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo
Ranked #5 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

In the Brooklin district, I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt, Sheraton, Blue Tree Towers Morumbi, Gran Estanplaza, and Sheraton WTC. Only the Gran Estanplaza is comparable to the Grand Hyatt.

The room decor is understated and elegant. The bathroom and the shower were excellent. Very, very nice.

Every day, I was treated to a new container of Granado soaps. I brought home a very nice supply.

Laundry service was very expensive, but not a surprise considering the expensive nature of Sao Paulo.

Do be warned that room rates fluctuate depending on demand. I extended my stay by a week and paid a higher price for three days because of the high demand.

The Grand Hyatt is in a much better location than the Sheraton WTC and Gran Estanplaza. This neighborhood feels safer and is within a short walk to the Morumbi Shopping mall which has many restaurants.

Maid service was very good - my room was always spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to receive your review and detailed comments regarding your stay. I am pleased to read that our bathroom and amenities were to your liking and that you enjoyed a memorable stay. Your compliments regarding our maid service were extended to our housekeeping team, who was delighted to hear what a positive effect they had on your stay. We hope to welcome you again very soon the next time you visit São Paulo.

There are newer reviews for Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo

Reviewed October 21, 2013

With a warm greeting from the entire staff from the door of the car through the check in process and the escort to your room, this hotel is genuine on making your stay pleasant. The rooms are spacious and the appointments are luxurious. The maid service is spectacular. With a twelve night stay, this facility provided me the comfort and afforded me the relaxation from the little downtime I had with work.

Room Tip: The best room are a couple of rooms away from the elevators as some guests are quite noisy all night...

Dear Alan,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am delighted to read that our facilities and staff were able to provide you with much needed relaxation and comfort during your business stay in our hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to present our loyalty programme, Hyatt Gold Passport™, in case you are not yet a member. It offers exclusive benefits to our loyal customers, such as complimentary nights, free upgrades and much more. Our team of receptionists will be delighted to assist with enrollment on your next visit. We hope to receive you again very soon at our hotel.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt for a business meeting. The hotel is modern with a good selection of services, very nice rooms and excellent service. It is something you would expect of a new Hyatt hotel.

There were a couple of issues during my stay. For the first time ever, after many years of travel, my laundry was returned with one pair of someone else's socks. Now, I like my socks, not in a fetish way, but in a comfortable attachment kind of way. The socks that were returned were of the plain dark blue business uniform variety. Definitely not an upgrade. The customer service manager apologised, but once the socks go into 'sock space', there is no return. That said, I found it rather funny more than anything...so losing a pair of socks did not sway my view of the hotel.

What did sway my view of the hotel was rather crappy wi-fi service. I was on a high floor near a corner of hotel. While the customer service manager assured me there were antennae all over the place, I can only report my laptop, smart phone and tablet had a terrible time committing to a relationship. It was virtually unusable in the guest room. In the public spaces, like the lobby, the wi-fi was fine. At least for me, strong and reliable wi-fi is a deal breaker, especially when I'm trying to watch a sports match during travel.

The restaurant selection and quality of food offered was very good.

The guest rooms were of a high standard, and one feature I particularly like is a walk in shower with good water pressure, which I had in my room. The whole bathtub shower routine is all right, but not something to look forward to.

One mark against the hotel is the location. It's in a business district about 10 km from the city centre. There are huge shopping malls nearby if you have a chance to get outside, but they are of the variety you will see in any big city around the world. To get into the centre means navigating São Paulo traffic, and that can consume a good part of your day.

So overall a good hotel for business, but I would not recommend it for people on holiday who want to see the city.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt São Paulo and for taking the time to share with us and other TripAdvisor travellers such detailed comments about your experience at our hotel. I apologise for the inconvenience regarding the negative points of your stay but I am glad to read that they did not affect your impressions regarding our services. We have recently enhanced our entire Internet network and now have a Wi-Fi antenna in each room, offering 100 MB Internet total, which should greatly improve web access capability for our guests. Your comments regarding the connection issues will be sent to our Information Systems team and I thank you for your feedback. I would like to suggest that on your next stay you contact our Concierge and Guest Relations team, who are highly qualified and prepared to assist with the best choices for leisure around the hotel, such as music venues and theatres. The Ibirapuera Park is a great option for leisure and while there, you can also visit the Modern Art Museum of São Paulo, located inside the park. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Location: Not so bad, but it is not central. Traffic is a real problem...

Checkin: Had to wait a little bit, but process was smooth, very friendly.
Checkout: Quick, easy.

Accommodation: Wonderful rooms.

Club lounge: Very friendly staff, nice club.

Gym/spa: High level, perfect.

Overall: Excellent hotel, one of the best in Sao Paulo. Very expansive.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our staff assistance, the Grand Club Lounge and the Amanary Spa. Regarding your comments, unfortunately São Paulo nowadays experiences quite intense traffic during peak hours. Therefore, our Concierge team is always happy to offer city traffic advice to our guests. On your next visit, please allow me to suggest that you discover our restaurants and bars, as I am sure that they will be able to perfectly complement your next stay in Brazil. We hope to welcome you back soon to São Paulo.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Last weekend I spent 2 days at Hyatt São Paulo and I have to say that I was very impressed with the quality of the service.
I stayed in a suite with an awesome view of the bridge (one of the best views of Sao Paulo). The room was great but what really caught my attention was how well trained the staff was.

Amazing experience, definitely recommended.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Thiago,
Thank you for your review and comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay during the weekend. On your next visit, may I suggest that you visit our French, Japanese and Italian restaurants. I am sure that they will complement your stay with a touch of high quality cuisine. I hope to welcome you again soon at our hotel.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Grand Hyatt is an excellent hotel with very friendly/helpful staff. It is located in the business district, so you do have to take either a taxi or the train/subway if you want to see any of the city sights.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Dave,
Thank you for staying with us at Grand Hyatt São Paulo. I would also like to thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel with us and other TripAdvisor users. It is pleasing to know that our associates, facilities and services met your expectations during your business trip. On your next visit, please allow me to suggest that you contact our Concierge department, as they will be happy to assist you with traffic advice or city sightseeing options near our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was my first stay in this hotel. Excellent facilities, expensive but worth while taking a club/executive room. The lounge is a wonderful oasis after a busy day. The staff were very welcoming and this is ideal when travelling alone.
The location is a little isolated from the centre, taxis are cheap but traffic in Sao Paulo is bad.
The French restaurant in the hotel is well worth a visit, also the lobby bar.
The room and bathroom excellent. comfortable bed, good air con.
good conference facilities.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other Tripadvisor visitors. We are pleased to read that you felt welcome and comfortable at our hotel and that you would also recommend it to other travellers. As São Paulo experiences quite intense traffic during peak hours, the journey to other locations can actually feel much longer at these times. Therefore, our Concierge team is always happy to offer city traffic advice to our guests. On your next visit, please allow me to suggest that you discover our award-winning Japanese restaurant, Kinu, featuring a traditional Japanese menu with local ingredients. We hope to welcome you back soon on your next visit to São Paulo.