“Perfect Business Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 324 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Jupiter, Florida, United States
“Perfect Business Hotel”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you come on business - and why else would you come to this city - this is a fantastic hotel. The staff are excellently trained. The rooms are understated but luxurious. My suite was large, airy and had subtle touches that were really special - like a think pile wool carpet, white (in a hotel?) perfectly clean. Huge walk in shower with really nice soap. The beds are not as plush as in the USA and the TV channels were all Portuguese. But the food was great, the gym was great, and the entire stay was really perfect. This is a winner for the quick business trip to be sure. I would not bring my kids and wife here as there's very little charm - but I feel that way about the entire city. The hotel was perfect for me, flying solo, getting my work done in a very comfortable, safe, clean and functional environment that felt special.

Room Tip: The corner suite was terrific.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Jeff,
Thank you very much for your kind review regarding your stay at Grand Hyatt São Paulo. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed both our services and ambiance. As for the television broadcast, I am sorry to read that we could not meet your expectations in this matter. We currently offer 11 channels in English that include entertainment, variety shows, sports and news, plus local channels that (depending on the programming) offer original audio through the SAP key. Be sure to consult our Guest Services team on your next visit and they will be delighted to assist you and provide you with other options for leisure and relaxation while in São Paulo. I hope to see you again on your next visit to the city.

Thierry Guillot – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
Mumbai
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have always preferred to stay here mainly due to its proximity to business district. It is at a walking distance from office so no need to worry about traffic madness (which is a common sight in Sao Paulo). Hotel is nice for stay but has limited options for the evening. Best is to get a cab and go out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Pedro,
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you appreciated our location and the services provided. On your next visit, please allow me to suggest that you stop by our Upstairs Bar, which has a special “two for one” Happy Hour menu from Monday to Friday, from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm. This and other promotions are always on offer, so next time you are here, may I suggest you check with the Concierge about the specials and other dining and entertainment options available at the hotel. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again on your next visit to the city.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've stayed here many times mainly due to location. Walking distance from office thus no need to get into traffic madness. Hotel is perfect just that a bit pricey and there is simply nothing to do st night. Bar is always almost empty (and pricie ) and restaurant is good but too formal.

• Stayed August 2013
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Mario,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our hotel. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us to better understanding the views of our Upstairs Bar offers a special Happy Hour menu from Mondays to Fridays, 5pm to 8pm. Two for one drinks and other promotions are always taking place, may I suggest you check with Concierge next time you are here to know about the specials other dining and entertainment options around the hotel. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again on your next visit to the city.
Thierry Guillot – General Manager.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It's hard not to give this place 5 starts when you consider what you get. Yes, Sao Paulo is expensive, so get ready for high prices in all the high end hotels, but the level of service within the Hyatt was impressive, especially in the executive business lounge. FYI, I'd highly consider upgrading to an executive level room when you book when you consider that it includes a nicer upper level room, free wi-fi, free breakfast, free private meeting space in the lounge and free cocktails/snacks in the evening. Honestly, the free snacks were enough to be a meal unless you were simply starving. Other positives about the rooms, the bathrooms are indeed great, as is the comfort of the bed. Staff from the executive lounge team, to the front desk, concierge, bellman and doormen were all top notch, exactly what you would expect from a 5 star property. The pool is beautiful, so beautiful in fact I made a trip to the nearby mall to purchase a swimsuit so I could enjoy it on a free day. The sushi restaurant is expensive, but the quality was superb. My only critique, is that it's not near the city center and areas like Vila Madalena and Jardim Paulista where a number of the cities best restaurants/nightlife are located. So budget to spend extra cab/car service dollars if you actually want to get out of the hotel and experience the city. But once you're in the Hyatt, it's a little slice of heaven from the chaotic city below. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the executive/business level if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VivaPamplona
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for highlighting so many positive points experienced during your stay. We appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, as it is the greatest reward possible for us. We are located in the heart of the new business district of São Paulo, five minutes´ walk from two of the largest shopping centers in town, with many new entertainment venues, such as theatres and concert halls. The Ibirapuera Park is a great option for leisure and while there, you can also visit the Modern Art Museum of São Paulo, located inside the park. Our concierge and guest relations team are always delighted to recommend nearby activities and city traffic tips to our guests. We look forward to receive you again very soon at Grand Hyatt São Paulo!
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a holiday, which was a mistake. Its location is good for business but is otherwise too far from the centre of the city. It is a nice property but the service is erratic and needs improvement. The food at the ground floor restaurant is superb. The reception staff are very charming, the Burmese doorman was incredibly helpful. The swimming pools are very nice too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and for highlighting many positive points during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be extended to our team members. We are pleased that you appreciated the food offered in our restaurants and also thank you for pointing out your experience with the service. Please allow me to apologise for any inconvenience. We understand that our guests demand efficient service, so our procedures are set up to do it consistently. We will reinforce your comments with the team and we all hope to see you again soon at Grand Hyatt São Paulo.
London
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I've now stayed at the Grand Hyatt more than half a dozen times. The service is top notch, the rooms always clean, and this time I had a nice surprise. Upon check in, the front desk clerk recognized that I'd stayed there before, and even though it was very early I received an early check in, which is nice after a long haul flight, especially at no additional cost to my company. The desk clerk presented me with an envelope, which had a personalized letter telling me about my female oriented room and dedicated concierge contact details for female guests. My room had an extra basket of amenities catered to women, an especially nice touch. A very pleasant surprise, and a feature they are now testing out in several rooms. The breakfast buffet is top notch and I have no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
We are honoured to receive your review. Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments. Your recognition and loyalty strengthen our commitment to provide authentic hospitality and make a difference in the lives of those we touch every day. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed our dedicated room for women. This special project is already a success and we plan to expand it so that our female guests can enjoy special amenities and exclusive services tailored for women travelling alone, to feel more than welcome when staying with us. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you once again to Grand Hyatt São Paulo soon.
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is my third stay in this establishment, the welcome is always very professional. Each time the room standard has been exactly the same - clean, well appointed and very comfortable.
Unfortunately the room I was escorted to first was badly affected by the previous guest who had smoked in that room - the bellboy was embarassed - this one had a different design which would have been a welcome change. I was then taken to anoher exactly the same as all other visits - still there are worse things in life.

Generally the whole visit was handled very professionally - the hotel appears to be very well run. I do have to comment that when the hotel realized I was a woman travelling on her own a letter arrived inviting me to call a dedicated line for any concerns or requirements - a great addition to the service of this hotel.
The staff are very well trained, not over friendly just there when service is required.
The gym was so crowded at 0630 and the aroma of hot sweaty bodies that hour in the morning is less than welcome - he air conditioner on a higher level would be much better.

Room Tip: As i have been given the same room on each occasion I cannot offer any advice though I do believe i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FranEH1204
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us and other travellers your impressions regarding our hotel. I am sorry to hear that unfortunately you have experienced an issue regarding the odour in your room:indeed our hotel is a 100% non-smoking property. Please rest assured that your comments regarding this situation and the air conditioner temperature at our gym will be sent to the respective department´s management. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt São Paulo.