“Excelent weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 322 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excelent weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was at the Hyatt São Paulo during the weekend. The staff is amazing and the service is excellent. Even small letter to my son was given his name and everything. The room is very good, with quality equipment, bedding and bathroom excellent and very quiet. The breakfast was one of the best I've enjoyed in the hotels in Brazil.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your kind comments about the Grand Hyatt São Paulo with us and other TripAdvisor users. It is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay and approved of our service, premises and food. We hope to continue being your choice for leisure in the city and welcome you back again to our hotel soon!
Thierry Guillot – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Every year we choose the Hyatt to spend our wedding anniversary.
This year we booked a Grand Queen room, the least expensive room available and were surprised again by the phenomenal room. Fantastic views of the city, great bed and bathroom with exclusive “Granado” toiletries and gentle and fast service. The Hotel was not packed (as most of the city hotels in January) making our stay a very pleasant one. I recommend the Japanese and French restaurants in the hotel, as well as the good spa and gym areas. We will be back next year !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We are honoured by your loyalty and your choice to celebrate such a special date at the Grand Hyatt São Paulo over the years. Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. It was a great pleasure to read that our facilities and services provided by our staff made your anniversary so memorable. The fact that we can offer our guests a privileged view of the city, especially to the Estaiada Bridge is something we are very proud of. We hope to continue being a part of your story of happiness!
sao paulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

great hotel, great/excellent rooms (not too modern - cozy; excellent lighting); grand entrance, and great front desk service. This hotel has a top french restaurant, named "EAU" - great food - delicate flavors. The japanese restaurant is also very good...room service works well...I have also used the banquet facilities which I consider the best in town. It is a hotel mainly for business - executive agenda, however it has a few great malls nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing with us and other travellers your experience in our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you approve of our restaurants and banqueting facilities. Be assured that your comments were very welcome and encourage us to continue pursuing excellence in our services. We look forward to welcoming you back again to Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo soon.
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel (repeatedly) failed on many levels. During the 4 nights, the 1st one, the power is out for 3+ hours. They mentioned it was routine maintenance! It screwed up the Internet. Trying to get online, their "provider" messed up my Outlook so that it would not work. Then, the IT person of the Hyatt came to my room.. after 20 minutes, I asked "do you know what you are doing?" His reply (serious), "no, not really, but we can experiment"... Upon check out, I found out that 3 local calls (not international, local) cost $55 USD. Asking for an explanation, the front counter person began to lecture me on how 5 star hotels operate, and that I should know this. When I mentioned Trip Advisor she offered a 20% discount - no thanks. This hotel charges (a lot) for everything. I could go on. The only positive, the soaps are nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Exline
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us and other travellers. We regret to hear that your experience at Grand Hyatt São Paulo was not up to your expectations, as our first and most important goal is to offer each of our guests a memorable experience. The quality of our facilities is a key factor in that ambition, and that is the reason why we hold regular inspections and routine maintenance to always assure the seamless operation of all the hotel’s premises. I am sorry that you were affected by the lack of power, and we sincerely apologise. I would like to emphasise that our team is highly qualified and prepared to promptly meet any needs of our guests, including resolution of technical problems. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon, in order to win back your trust.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Although I'm not rich, when I travel, I like to stay at good hotels. Grand Hyatt São Paulo is expensive, but it's a great hotel. I stayed there in December 2012. The employees are considerate, friendly and professional. Usually, I prefer suites, but their standard room is gorgeous. Actually, the pictures don't make them justice. The room is nicer than the picture, for a change. Everybody talks about the bathroom, and yes, it's fantastic. I have also told them beforehand that I would like to have the local newspaper everyday and it worked. Every morning, my newspaper was at the door. I also loved the indoor pool and the sauna. I paid for a Club King Room because I bought the Bed&Bfst package. Although the rooms are the same size (well, Queen Rooms are slightly smaller, but maybe it's not noticeable because the bed is also smaller…), Club rooms are on higher floors, and I loved it. Particularly in São Paulo. I was a woman, travelling alone e felt very safe. Until further notice and until I can afford it, Hyatt will be my hotel in São Paulo.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about Grand Hyatt São Paulo and for highlighting so many positive points experienced during your stay. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our services and that we were able to exceed your expectations and your recognition is a great motivation for us. We hope to have the opportunity to give you a warm welcome back soon.
Mexico City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

After trying the funkier boutique hotels in town (Fasano, Unique), I realize I prefer the Grand Hyatt. It is a real hotel with real hotel services and that helps my business. Location is good, rooms are well appointed and comfortable (even big), there is always a lot of movement, breakfast very good, front desk excellent, bell staff and doormen are excellent. What more do I need. This is the perfect hotel for a business trip and a big meeting hotel as well.

Room Tip: I like to face the bridge. I had a room facing the bridge every other time I attended and did not g...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt_SP_Management, Gerente geral at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are honoured to receive your review. Thank you for taking the time to write such positive comments. Your feedback makes us proud and encourages us to continue working with dedication and attention to detail. Your recognition and loyalty strengthen our commitment to provide authentic hospitality and make a difference in the lives of those we touch every day. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you once again to Grand Hyatt São Paulo soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We live no more than 3 miles away from the hotel, but it has been a great option for us on long weekends.
Their special packages for these holidays / weekends, is like going away without the traffic or the long journey. We spend the days on the swimming pools or using the spa, and the wi-fi works great! Service is excellent!
Rooms are spacious and very comfortable, but the hotel needs some small improvements, especially on some of the doors, that are chipped, and some signs, that are missing some letters. Lock in my roon was also a problem, but not much.
Breakfast buffett (included in the package) is great, and the Upstairs bar is also very good, especially the service (number of finger food options could be a little big bigger, though).
Very good.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to read that you felt welcomed and comfortable at our hotel. It is a great pleasure to offer the residents of São Paulo a sophisticated alternative for relaxation and leisure in the city, as we often create packages with special amenities and exclusive extras. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt São Paulo once again soon.