“It's #1 for a reason”

Ranked #5 of 324 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Jacksonville
“It's #1 for a reason”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for several months and it is hands down the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The service was phenomenal. The staff was always asking if we needed anything and always greeted us. We even had special requests and they fulfilled all of them. They gave us the best room everytime as we checked out on the weekends quite often to go on weekend trips elsewhere. They stored our luggage for us as well. The food in the hotel is a bit pricey, but it quite good. There are also a variety of restaurants on site and there are several nearby malls with other places to eat as well. The rooms were always super spotless and the breakfast has a very nice spread. I tried really hard to find something wrong with the hotel and I couldn't. Excellent place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hyatt_SP_Management, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear Guest,
It was a great pleasure to receive your review. Your compliments about our attention and service cheered us considerably and encourage us to continue to seek ways to make a difference in our guests’ lives. It was great to learn that you felt at home during your stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo many more times in the future.
Thierry Guillot - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Love the Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo. Safe beautiful with friendly staff. The pool was great the restaurants memorable. My experience here was great and hope to stay for longer next time. The people next door to us got noisy but the staff took care of it immediately.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Jack,
Thank you for your review and for sharing with us your experience at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo. We hope to welcome you for a longer period next time so that you can enjoy more of the leisure and wellness options we offer, such as the Amanary Spa, which is a true sanctuary in the heart of the city, the Fitness Centre and its state-of-the-art equipment, the heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools, and the Upstairs Bar, which serves delicious tropical fruit caipirinhas. It will be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Has to be one of the very best hotels I've ever stayed in in any part of the world. Only problem, it's kind of remote. About a 15 minute walk to the Morumbi Metro, or the Shopping Morumbi, it's a 20 minute cab ride to Jardims or Centro, depending on the famous SP traffic.

The rooms are chic and very modern with lots of wood and marble. The bathroom, wonderful with a big glass shower and barrel ceilings. In all, ceilings must be close to 11 feet. Got upgraded to the Club level. Breakfast is good. . . . but the evening snacks, unbelievable. Cheeses,meats, desserts, soups and Brasilian special hot snack. Top shelf, premium liquors, champagne, and wines standing out for free? but could not find a beer.

The staff could not have been more attentive without being obtrusive. Excellent multiple language skills. It's pricey, it's remote, but it's an oasis!!

-boeingATL

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Hyatt_SP_Management, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and your kind comments, be sure that this is our greatest reward. It is a pleasure to know you enjoyed the exclusiveness that the Club rooms and suites offer to guests: breakfast and cocktails at the Lounge located on 20th floor, where in fact drinks include premium beers. I regret that you haven’t found them, the importance of constant replenishment of all items were already reinforced with staff. We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that in addition to services previously described, these categories also offer wi-fi Internet, ironing and one complimentary hour use of a private meeting room. We look forward to welcoming you again to Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I live in São Paulo and chose the Hyatt to get ready for my wedding day and to spend the night with my husband afterwards. Everything was perfect from the beginning to the end: the room, the view (10th floor facing the Ponte Estaiada, great for photos!), the service, the staff, the food...all top notch & worth every penny. My husband and I got a bottle of wine and a box of chocolate as a wedding gift from management, a very kind gesture that touched us on our special day and made us feel great!

I will definitely go back soon to enjoy the spa and experience a "holiday weekend" in my own home town.

Room Tip: Room 1025 offers an awesome view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo for your wedding night. We are very glad to know that you have happy memories from our hotel and that we have contributed to this date in such special way. It would be a great pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you again.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2011

As you exit the concrete jungle that typifies most of Sao Paulo and enter the the hotel its as if you're entering another world: immediately, the sidewalks leading to the entrance are clean, security staff abounds, the landscape finely detailed. This hotel won't disappoint, aside from the fact that its not in the best location, safe, but not within walking distance of the trendy areas. On the topic of security, the surroundings at first glance may seem threatening, but after several stays here, I've lowered my guard and in fact have recently strolled the adjacent neighborhoods solo, well after night fall. Every thing is first rate from the service, attentiveness, cleanliness, food/drink, gym to the somewhat minimalist but well appointed rooms, bathrooms (has anyone mentioned the awesome showers?) and common areas. My favorite thing to do is work out on the 2nd floor, meet up with friends in the rooftop bar for a Caipirinha (or two) and then bee-line for some local cuisine, which, if you're adventurous enough, can yield surprisingly satisfying results. I haven't had the sushi at the hotel's Japanese restaurant yet, but apparently it's killer. I'm on the road six months out of the year and this is easily in the top 2 or 3 I stay in.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ThirstyWest
Hyatt_SP_Management, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review; it makes us very proud and delighted to hear that we are on track of our mission to not only please our guests, but also exceed their expectations. Thank you for choosing the Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo as your home in the city during multiple occasions; we are flattered to be your choice hotel. We take this opportunity to comment that the neighborhood of the hotel during the daytime is quite active and safe for short walks; at other times, we recommend caution, as elsewhere in the city. We hope to welcome you soon again in our hotel.
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I'm brazilian and I spent 2 excellent days at this hotel. So here it goes.
One: You should be aware that it is not located in a area of town where you can walk around and reach the good restaurants, bars, clubs, etc., but if you get a cab it won't be far at all, so it might not be a big deal. And it won't be expensive. With 20 to 25 bucks you can reach Itaim Bibi area, which is very good... I lived in SP for 4 years, so I know what I am talking about.
Two: the hotel is very big, u can even get lost lol. It has 2 swimming pools (one is heated), a very good fitness center - you can jogg and lift your weights there easily - there is a spa, sauna, but this is girl stuff so I didn't go to it.
Three: breakfast is really really good, lots of tropical brazilian fruits, sweets, loafs, pasltry, juices, coffee (our coffee is much better than that colombian one) I mean, it has everything you want. My tip: order the pancakes with maple syrup. The hotel has so many facilities and other restaurants I don't even know how to start. My friends and I prefered staying in the "Upstairs Bar" having beer, chatting and paying attention to the lovely stewardesses of this american flight company and there were the german girls as well LOL!!! At the upstairs bar you can have a snack, a meal, and drink whatever is that u feel like it. You are going to see lots of foreigners, so its a lot of fun.
Four: The room I stayed was very comfortable, it was large, with a great view to the Estaiada Brigde. The only thing I didn't like much was the size of the tv. I mean, they could have a LCD one or similar, but that isnt exactly a problem. The best part was the bathroom - large, with a bathtub, and full of these brazilian special soaps and shampoos and all that sort of stuff. I took like 5 baths per day lol!
Five: I had a great service. My german friends agree on that with me. Everyone was very helfpul and polite. This lady tried to carry my bags and I woudn't let her, but as she insisted so much...Check in and check out was quick, so...thumbs up.

I would definitely recommend your stay at this hotel in SP. My other tip: Within a 10-15 min walk, you can reach Morumbi Mall and Market Place Mall (they r in front of each other) so u can do some shopping easily.

Try the japanese restaurant, very good.

The only thing that sucks is that you have to pay for internet, but as I brought my modem with me, it wasn't necessary.

I am looking foward to go back there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank DeMarco10
Dear Mr. DeMarco,
It is a great pleasure to receive your review. Thank you for taking the time to write such nice comments, so detailed and covering many relevant points, which encourages us to continue working with dedication and attention to detail. The managers received with great joy the information you shared with us and will in turn share it with their teams. I would like to make a suggestion for your next visit: be sure to check out the Grand Club apartments, which include unlimited Wi-Fi and can be a good alternative. We hope to have the pleasure to host you again in your next visit to the city.
Balneario Camboriu, SC
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel with friend. The rooms have a lot of space and have contemporary design. The hotel has an amazing swimming pool, and spa area. There are options of restaurants inside the hotel and the hotel has a very international feel. This hotel is in the new finnancial district of the city, wich means it can be really good for business, but a little bit too far from the touristic attraction, as it happened for me. Still I would recomend this hotel, having in consideration that it s location is a little far.

Room Tip: if you go on summertime, you will able to enjoy the nice swimmingpool they have there.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and the kind comments about our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our entertainment areas – restaurants, spa, indoor and outdoor pools – during your stay. The hotel is located in the most important new business district of the city; this area is receiving good new leisure options that are adding to existing shopping centres, restaurants, bars, theaters and parks. On your next visit, be sure to consult our concierge team, who will be happy to assist you with an itinerary of activities in the region. We hope to welcome you again at Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo soon.