“Comfort and safety in Sao Paulo”

Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi
Ranked #11 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Dartmouth, Canada
“Comfort and safety in Sao Paulo”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here recently on business. Rooms were very comfortable, and the lounge on the 26th floor was a welcome respite after a long day. High quality gym on the top floor of the hotel, with modern equipment and trainers on hand. Canvas restaurant was top-notch, from the open concept kitchen to the fabulous decor and art gallery. Their home-made pasta was amazing - I recommend the oxtail ravioli- and service was outstanding. Breakfast buffet was excellent as well. A few issues with the concierge desk - when the concierge is there they are very helpful, but it is not always attended. The day we were there there were leaks in the glass roof in the lobby and buckets everywhere, but we were assured this was being fixed. Also check-in can be very slow and at times disorganized.

1 Thank 10ACJed
Hilton_Morumbi, Administrative Assistant at Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear10ACJed,

Thanks for your opinion! It is always grateful for us to know that you enjoyed the hospitality and personalized services at the Executive Lounge. Our executive team is always ready to help and provide you a comfortable and relaxing stay.
Thanks also for the compliments about the Canvas Restaurant, the art gallery is really unique! The GYM is a differential at Hilton Morumbi, the view is breathtaking! I will share your review with the entire staff and department heads.

I am sorry about your impression with the check-in, sometimes it can get slow because of the forms and credit card authorizations. I apologize for that!

I hope to have the opportunity to have you here as a guest!

Best Wishes,

Administrative Assistant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Room was comfortable, the service was attentive, location was great for the Morumbi area, the gym was well equipped, however what was well below Hilton and top dollar hotel standards was the internet access and service. I stayed there for 11 days and the internet access was a constant issue, enough to be a consideration for business travellers who need to get work done. Public areas had throughput limitations so if you wanted to catch up on news in the gym you were cut off in a couple of mins. They also decided to limit your access to two devices for some reason so if you connect your PC and iPad, your screwed on your smartphone. The login scheme was a nightmare and could take hours to unlock one device Yao enable another. Again, this was when your were already paying for internet service on a daily basis! When I asked them to give me a code for my phone they tried to charge me an additional and second daily internet fee for another device. Bad internet service, device number limitations, horrible signin procedures, attempts to charge for more devices, all of these are definitely NOT up to the standards of a top tier global business hotel chain you book because you expect a certain level of service and amenities regardless of where you or they are in the world.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pablo G
Dear Pablo G,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the other travelers of the world. I am glad to know that you spend a long time with us and enjoyed our staff services and facilities.
I am also sorry about your impression regarding the internet access. We are always working to update our services and improve them, thanks a lot for your opinion and suggestions.

Please, do not hesitate in contacting me if I can assist you with anything or if you desire to tell me more about your stay.

I hope to have the opportunity to host you once again!

Los Gatos, California
Reviewed June 14, 2013

a little expensive but does provide a clean safe environment. Rooms are a bit small, but have great room in the bathroom, and always clean. plenty of staff in all areas of the hotel and are extremely willing to help. Bar closes a little early as the staff likes to get on out of there at midnight on the dot!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jim L,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We reviewed
your comments regarding your experience with the bar and apologize for the inconvenience. The Canvas Bar keeps open until the last guest or client, we only have a specific hour to close the kitchen.
I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed the hospitality of our team members and the comfort and cleanliness of your room. It is very valuable to know our guest opinion, this always give us a change to improve our services and offerings!

Again, thank you for the comments and we would very much like the opportunity to host you at our property in future.

Kindest Regards,

Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is extremely expensive for what it has to offer. Everything is basically overpriced but I was amazed that they tell you that you can't drink the tap water and don't give you a complimentary bottle of water as it has been my experience elsewhere. You'll have to pay R$17 (US$ 9) for one! The location is in a new part of town with nothing going on. No restaurants/bars at walking distance. I come to SP a couple of times a year and will stick to the Itaim Bibi and Vila Olimpia neighborhoods in the future.

Dear Luciano D,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel.

I am really sorry to know that we didn’t achieve your expectations this time. Allow me to inform you that here in Brazil we are not used to drink tap water and we don’t consider it potable. We provide complimentary water for those who are part of Hilton Honors program (Silver status).
We are located in a privilege area, especially for business purpose but we also have a mall underneath the hotel and good restaurants around (taxi ride).

Please, do not hesitate in contacting me if I can assist you with anything or if you desire to tell me more about your impression.

Best Regards,

giovana.dornelles@hilton.com
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent hotel, away from downtown but close to several shipping malls. Restaurants and bar are of prime quality but a bit pricey. SPA, fitness center and pool are excellent. Great place for business. Safety is paramount, from the selection of taxi drivers to hotel grounds.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Juan M,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the other travelers! I do agree with you, security is our first priority, because of that we prepare the entire team members to take care of each guest.
Your comment is very valuable and gives us more energy to delight and make our guests ’stays unique and special.

We look forward to host you again!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have lost track the number of times I stayed here. That is probably why I feel they roll out the red carpet for me. Out of all the hotels I have stayed this is top 3 in terms of service. I do not recall writing it before, congratulations to the staff.

For this particular stay I was there for a little over 3 weeks. I had a situation with the small refrigerator. This was promptly taken care of and nothing else went wrong with regards to maintenance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chilinathtown,

After all the good things you said about our experience we couldn’t ask for more!
It is very grateful to read your tittle and see that our team members make you feel at home in São Paulo.

Thanks for your comprehension regarding the minibar, I am sure that the engineering team made their best to solve your situation with high priority!

It will be always a pleasure to have you back as a friend and part of Hilton Morumbi family!

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed there for one night 1 year ago and I LOVED it!!
Quiet, comfortable, super clean, the staff was really sympathetic and friendly. Breakfast is great with a large variety of food.
I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jessy_Brazil,

Thank you for such a great review!

What a pleasure to know that we could provide a pleasant experience to you while you were in São Paulo.
It is great to know that our team delivered Hilton’s promise of making every guest feels cared for, respected and valued.
I will forward your compliments the entire team members and managers.

We hope to have you back to our hotel soon! Thanks a lot for recommend us!

With kind regards,