There were only 2 hotels in the area not sold out at the time of my booking and this was one of them. Now I know why.
1. The location is horrible and only 1 out of 7 taxis knew how to get here so be sure to bring a map of the surrounding area for your driver.
2. I had to call the front desk regarding trouble connecting to the Internet service 5 times during just a 2 night stay. Tech support would call back a short while later where they would say they changed some settings, but even then the connectivity was very poor.
3. There are no vending machines and no store to grab a drink or a snack, so you are forced to either venture out (nothing really close by) or eat/drink what is already in your room.
4. For a 5-star hotel, the breakfast buffet is not anywhere up to standards. Basically just scrambled eggs, fruit and pastries. I would have expected at least waffles, pancakes or maybe an omelet station.
The room itself was very nice although the mattress was extremely firm. No complaints there. It would have been nice if there was some sort of business center. Just a small pool and fitness center in small rooms, a small lobby and the restaurant. It seemed like a safe area though.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Priceline, ACCOR, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your George V Alto de Pinheiros Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George V Alto De Pinheiros Hotel Sao Paulo, Brazil