I have just returned home after a six night stay at the Capital GC Hotel in Sao Paolo.
From the offset, after having a really good look at the place, it is clear that the images and the hotels representation of itself on its website is a far more creative than the actual thing....but let that not deter you from staying there.
The staff are great - they are friendly and try their best to assist. (Although it was impossible for them to assist me in organising a needle and tread to sew on a button). We arrived early and the receptionist did her best to arrange early check-in for us as well as immediate laundry service - so a big plus for that!!
The rooms are great - comfortable lounge with a small kitchenette, basin and larger than usual minibar fridge. The room has a separate bedroom with cable flat-screen TV, Ipod docking station alarm clock and air conditioning. The bedding was fresh and clean and the bed was very comfortable.
Both the bedroom and the lounge lead out onto a private balcony which overlook the expanse of Sao Paolo city.
The bathroom, in my very strong opinion, lets the room and the hotel down tremendously! It is cramped! Clearly the bathroom was an afterthought when they were planning and building this place. One has to close the door once in the bathroom. The toilet is right up against the shower door and one has to be a contortionist to get into the shower. It is almost impossible to run the water to suitable temperature and get in to the shower - it is either one or the other.
Breakfast was more than ample and offered a great variety. Restaurant staff were friendly and polite - in fact, all the staff at the Capital are just pleasant people.
There is a spa on the top floor - I never used it, but it looked good.
The swimming pool and gym, located on the top floor, allow for incredible views over the sprawling mega-metropolis of Sao Paolo.
The location of the Capital is perfect - within a short walk there is a huge variety and choice of great restaurants, bars and nightlife.
I enjoyed my stay at the Capital GC. Despite the acrobatics required to enter and exit the shower, it is not a bad place to stay and I would recommend it. I will return to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a 4-star hotel in Sao Paulo that is the essence of urban sophistication.Enjoy contemporary, newly redesigned accommodations , which have been thoughtfully appointed to delight business and leisure guests. Indulge in first-class guest amenities, including the fashionable Bonjardim Restaurant and Bar , a heated rooftop pool and an exquisite spa overlooking downtown Sao Paulo and the tranquil Ibirapuera Park.From its privileged location in the Sao Paulo financial centre, The Capital Hotel Sao Paulo stands ready to serve you in refined style - at every moment of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your The Capital Sao Paulo Itaim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Capital Gc Hotel Sao Paulo
- Capital Flat Sao Paulo
- The Capital Sao Paulo Itaim Brazil