“Outstanding service and extremely comfortable room”

Comfort Suites Oscar Freire
Ranked #49 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Melbourne, Australia
“Outstanding service and extremely comfortable room”
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Really great hotel in safe neighbourhood. Excellent large rooms with sofa and genuine king size beds. Bathroom a tad small, but all facilities top notch. Breakfast was lovely with all usual fare and wifi worked really well. There were quite a few business types staying there which is usually a good sign. Openable windows in room helped with airing. Everything was in almost mint condition, so we have nothing but praise for the amenities. The hotel is walking distance from the excellent metro and the football stadium (we went to a match which was great fun). It is also close to Paulista Ave and it was very easy to get to centro and other parts of the city. If anything there are not a huge amount of restaurants nearby, but enough. Service was outstanding and I am going to publicly thank one employee, Wallacy (sic). He went out of his way to help us with onward bookings and was a font of helpful advice. A great guy and a real credit as an employee of the hotel. We had a couple of small gripes. The cleaning staff were a tad erratic, sometimes half cleaning the room then returning later to complete it. Also, upon checkout they tried to apply the % service charge to the room rate inclusive of the $R2.20 room tax (in other words a tax on a tax). When we pointed this out at checkout, the staff member got a bit indignant, wondering why we would not just let it go. We could have, but it was sloppy accounting and at worst another small touch up that tourists seem fair game on - but not us thank you very much!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Goldrichie
Fabiana C, Gerente geral at Comfort Suites Oscar Freire, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Goldrechie,

Firstly, thank you for dedicating your time to a evaluate us.

My staff and I are very happy to know that you left the Comfort Suites Oscar Freire satisfied with our localization and services.

We hope to have you as a guest again, It will be a big pleasure!

Have an excellent week.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Chose this based on reviews on TripAdvisor. Great choice! Small hotel with everything you need, reasonably priced for this very expensive city. I arrived in the dark and most of the businesses and restaurants in the area were closed up so I wasn't sure that the location was as appealing as described but in daylight and after a brief walk around the area it was apparent that this is a great location with easy access to the Metro (at Clinicas) and Avda Paulista. The room was very nice--not huge, not small--with good space to work. People at the desk were very friendly and very helpful. Even liked all the taxi drivers who park outside the hotel. The restaurant was a nice surprise. Breakfast offered nice options on the buffet and the dinner menu was simple but well prepared and offered many healthy choices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank laviajeraliz
Baltimore
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I did acquire a room at a special weekend rate, so this was a very pleasant 2 night stay in Sao Paulo. It was in a safe area; I was fine as a single female walking around alone at night. It is also only a few blocks from the posh Oscar Freire shopping street, which has a lot of great opportunity for people watching and stops at cafes. I found it to be within walking distance of MASP and Avenida Paulista as well as a metro stop. There is a good grocery store half a block from the hotel. I thought our room was spacious, well-appointed, and clean. On one of the upper floors, it also had a nice view. The front desk staff spoke English and was accommodating and friendly. The clerk went out of her way to make sure I was informed about the area and what the weekend had to offer. I enjoyed the free drink we got with our room. I would stay again, although since I am usually on a budget it would have to be one of their 'sale' rates.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank primerstar6
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel as it was very well evaluated on Tripadvisor and I don't regret. It is located at Oscar Freire street, just a few blocks way from the hussle and bussle are of the street, which is great, as you can stay in a very sophisticated area of the city, but a small walk from the busy part of the street.
I thought my room was a bit small, although I can't say that was a problem. Once again I used my internet modem, but I am aware that they have internet, I just don't know if its free or not. I haven't used the pool because it was cold.
I do like this hotel. The great advantage, with no doubt, is its great location. And if you want to get a cab, its a few miles from Paulista Avenue as well, and other good points of the city. Next to the hotel there is also one of my favorite pubs in Sao Paulo: O'Malleys.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank DeMarco10
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I really recommend this hotel if you are staying in São Paulo for some days. The rooms are comfortable, very spacious and nice, the staff is very friendly and the breakfast is very good.
It is just some quarters away of Oscar Freire shopping zone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Sao Carlos, SP
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Spacious rooms , clean and near the Shops at Oscar Freire street and very easy to go to anywhere you want.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank aleterruggi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I'm staying at the Comfort Suites at the moment and am entirely satisfied. The location is fantastic, the staff friendly, the bed comfortable and the breakfast superb. I'm here on business and spend a lot of time working in my room - the internet connection is good and I love having the opportunity to take a break at the pool at the top of the building. The pool is small but it's clean and there are great views of the city - there's also a small area for sunbathing. Will definitely stay here next time I'm in Sao Paulo.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business