“Good business hotel”

Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel
Ranked #12 of 328 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Good business hotel. Great breakfast. Rooms sometimes share a common door, which are badly isolated from sound. Otherwise very welcoming and helpful staff. Location is good, close to a shopping mall with good restaurant choices. Also the neighborhood has a good selection of bars.

• Stayed: April 2014
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Mr French_carioca,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Really comfortable stay. Rooms were comfortable, restaurant was very good.

Staff were very friendly and engaging. Most were able to converse very well in English, which can make a difference for the international traveller.

Internet connection easily accessible and fairly good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Mr Brent,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Diretor Hotel

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Just spent a few days in São Paulo and stayed here. The room was a very good size and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was average but the buffet lunch was superb. I had the sea bass and I was pleasantly surprised. I cannot fault the staff. They were all very friendly and helpful. Often, when they found out I was from Liverpool, they just wanted to talk football and The Beatles. Good location for many businesses on Fario Lima. I won't comment on the traffic in São Paulo. One problem though, tried working from my room one day and their internet failed. Not great for a hotel in the business district.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear GrahamT,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Room is very basic. No tea / coffee facilities. No iron or ironing board.

That said, it is clean, the staff are helpful within the parameters set by the management.

There is a current renovation in the lobby, which means noise in the day and a temporary reception.
Whilst I was there internet was free if you joined the Accor points scheme. And the internet speed was good.
Laundry service is expensive.
The location is good for the business district, nearby shopping mall and a train station connecting to the Metro.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank IIliketogo
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Mr IIliketogo,
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay.
I am sorry that your experience did not meet all your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
The hotel is transforming some areas to improve the actual product and receive Pullman Hotels brand. During this period we are seeking to soften the situations it may cause.
We remain at your disposal.
Hoping to receive your visit after rebranding.

Best Regards.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Arrived at this hotel with my group of friends at around midnight.
Check in was easy and our rooms were ready for us; the reception staff were friendly and very helpful; we ordered taxi's to pick us up for the next morning as well.

At midnight, there is nothing around this hotel to buy food or drink; especially if you want to avoid the expensive minibar charges!

The room was very basic, northing special about it at all. We only stayed for around 8 hours as we needed to be back at the airport for 11am the next morning. The bed was comfortable, and the shower was acceptable if not a little small. The shower amenities, while handy, didn't feel that effective at making you feel fresh and clean, which was weird.

What really annoyed me and my friends was the taxi service the hotel used. We spoke to the reception staff to find out how much we would be expected to pay before we left, and they said around 140 Real.
Because there were 5 of us, we needed two cars to take us back to Sao Paulo Guarulhos airport. Myself and my partner got in one car, and the other 3 of us got in the other car. During the ride, my friend who is Portuguese and who speaks Portuguese fluently overhead the conversation between the taxi drivers on the radios, both plotting, in their own words 'get as much as they can out of us'. My friend sent me a text message stating this and not to say anything to the driver and to not pay anything until they arrived. When we did arrive, the cost, per car was 180 Real, a 40 Real (£10) increase from what the reception staff said was the maximum charge.
Admittedly, it's not that an expensive amount, and if they had said "due to traffic etc it's a higher fare" I wouldn't have any qualms paying this, but because they had planned to rip us off, we refused.
As soon as my friend started speaking to their taxi driver in Portuguese, you could see his face fall - he didn't realise that he had been overheard and understood. After an argument, and us threatening to get hold of the Airport Police, we refused to pay 180 Real per car and only paid 140 Real and walked off.
Interestingly, the driver of my friends car was the taxi company owner who has a contract with this Hotel, and I would hope the hotel takes note of this.

I wouldn't stay at this hotel again if I were in Sao Paulo.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank David J
PULLMANVILAOLIMPIA, Gerente de relações com clientes at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us; we value all feedback as it always affords us an opportunity to improve, so thank you for all your comments.

Once again we very much appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us on a future visit to São Paulo.

Cordially,

Rodrigo Oliveira
Guest Experience Manager
Pullman São Paulo Vila Olímpia

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel room and dining are above-average for a business hotel. The gym is sub-standard, just a small room carved out with a treadmill and insufficient free weights and no bench. And, the commercial gym located in the same building does not allow for walk-in guests. Fortunately, there is a good place called Vertical about 1-1.5 km away that costs R$30 for a guest fee and friendly staff. It is a safe and straight walk (or quick jog).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Carlos E, Gerente geral at Pullman Sao Paulo Vila Olimpia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Mr pickyhotelguy,
Thanks for your comments.
It was a pleasure to receive you.
It is important to inform that since december the hotel is passing through a remodeling and during this time it will be built a gym.
We hope to see you soon.

Regards,