“Great location for business”

Tryp Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel
Ranked #22 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chipping Sodbury
“Great location for business”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Located just off Av. Paulista and Av. Augusta, the Tryp is right in the CBD. It is a business hotel. There is a bar/restaurant but facilities are quite basic. Small gym and pool on the 1st floor are cramped but functional.
Around the hotel you are spoiled for choice with dining options.
Clean and friendly, I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Bianca T, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Sodburyfrog,

Thank you for choosing TRYP Paulista as your hotel in Sao Paulo and for sharing your opinion with us and other travelers.

We were very pleased to know that the location, the structure and services in our hotel contributed to enjoy your stay.

In respect to the dinner options, we would like to tell you that we just made some improvements in our restaurant menu and we also have some options to indicate to the guests, including some with shuttle service.

Bianca Tavano – Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2013

stayed from Sunday 7-7 until Friday 7-12. i have stayed at this hotel for 6 years. and its always manana for the complaints. if you want a convenient hotel with excellent location this is it. staff is friendly and nice, rooms are clean. Breakfast is terrible, with powder eggs and overcooked food, watered down juices. Forget about reliable internet. its down as much as it is up. system was down so after 9 hour flight i was assigned an uncleaned room and told i would have to wait for another one or take one on a low floor. YOU DO NOT WANT A LOW FLOOR. THE TRAFFIC NOISE WILL KEEP YOU AWAKE. if you do not speak Portuguese the choices on the TV is severely limited, and on top of which they censor some programs. on local tv. forget about U.S. news , you get CNN Hong Kong so you will learn a lot about Asia. other hotels give you U.S. CNN, Fox News, and the BCC. not here. I was willing to put up with the shortcomings because as a Melia Gold member i get some upgrade amenities. The last day they had real eggs in the scrambled eggs. when i asked why, they said the chef was back from vacation.

Room Tip: choose a high floor, ask for help when needed. staff is very friendly and aware of shortcomings thi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bianca T, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Anthony,

We were very pleased to know that the location, the staff and the cleanness in our hotel contributed to enjoy your stay.

Also we apologize for the inconveniences caused by the quality of the breakfast, problems with our system and the room allocation. Let us reassure you that we have immediately taken all the necessary measures in order to improve these aspects for your next stay.

Thank you so much for having taken the time to inform us your comments regarding your stay with us, including our TV channels, which contribute to improve our services.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back at the TRYP Paulista other times in the future.

Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here while on business. The location was ideal as it was located very close to my company's office and that of our outside counsel. Rooms were clean and neat, albeit simple. The Internet connection worked. The restaurant was decent for dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bianca T, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Msne_,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us and other travelers.

We were very pleased to know that the location, the room cleanness and the restaurant services in our hotel contributed to enjoy your stay.

Vicenza
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is located in a very convenient area for those who go to San Paolo, a few steps from Avenida Paulista, in a very safe area and plenty of shopping opportunities for the locals. The hotel is very modern and comfortable.
The staff is very helpful.
The breakfast is very varied.
I recommend it for those arriving in San Paolo for business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bianca T, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear StefanoD324,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us and other travelers.

We were very pleased to know that the location, the staff and the breakfast in our hotel contributed to enjoy your stay.

Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel staff was helpful and the location was convenient location with good access to dining and services in Sao Paulo. I had only one complaint, but it is was serious enough that I will not book again.

The reservation process was the worst I've encountered. I tried to book online but the site kept failing. I finally gave up and called the US phone reservation line for Tryp listed on the failing website. I was able to book the hotel, but the process seemed uncertain and I never received a confirmation email. I called back the following day just to confirm the reservation and try to get an email confirmation for my office. After 5 calls, I was told multiple times there did not seem to be a reservation. The first four calls did not think there was a reservation, but in trying to confirm transferred me to different lines and I was disconnected each time. The hotel information was unavailable, the reservation did not appear under various searches, and transfer to confirm the information repeatedly led to disconnects. The 5th call said there was no reservation with my name and my reservation number could not have been produced by the Tryp phone line. Tryp insisted I must have booked via a travel agent instead of calling Tryp reservations number. I don't have a travel agent and was calling the same Tryp number from my cell phone history. I was worried about a no show charge so I contacted the hotel directly and they confirmed I did indeed have a reservation. A decent hotel, but not worth the hassle the Tryp reservation process created.

1 Thank Dan M
Bianca T, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Dan M.,

Thank you for choosing TRYP Paulista as your hotel in Sao Paulo.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the reservation process. Let us reassure you that we have immediately taken all the necessary measures in order to improve these aspects for your next stay, including some changes in the internal reservation staff and procedures.

Thank you so much for having taken the time to inform us your comments regarding your stay with us, which contribute to improve our services.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back at the TRYP Paulista many other times in the future.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I spent 3 days at the Tryp Paulista at the last leg of my 7 day trip to Brazil. Prior to heading to Sao Paulo, I spent 4 days in Rio at 2 different hotels, both offering refrigerators equipped with freezers. First I asked for a room away from the elevator and they placed me in a room directly in front of the elevator - I complained and was not able to get another room. To add to my distress, as a mother of a 3 month old, it was very important for me to be able to pump and store my milk at an adequate temperature so that I could feed my child when arriving home. I wasn't traveling with my child since I was on business. First the hotel did not have a freezer. I had a special thermal bag that I purchased to carry the milk back to the US with me and asked that the bag be stored in a cool location. The hotel did not offer me any support. They even told me that I could not use the hotel refrigerator for storage. I basically had to request ice twice a day to keep the milk in temperature. I was not told I would be charged for the ice until my checkout day, when they hit me with a bill of $30 for ice. When I complained, they offered me no explanation whatsoever. I've stayed at a number of hotels in Sao Paulo during my years working in the area and unfortunately, as a brand new mom, this experience really rubbed me in the wrong way.

4 Thank Traveling_Cruz
Bianca T, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Traveling_Cruz,

Thank you for choosing TRYP Paulista as your hotel in Sao Paulo.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the front desk service and the charge of the ice.

As we had no knowledge of milk storage, we would like to ask you to send us more details about this situation in the e-mail address paulista@tryphotels.com.br. Anyway, let us reassure you that we have immediately taken all the necessary measures in order to improve this aspect.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back at the TRYP Paulista other time in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Last month I stayed in the Caesar Business Hotel, Paulista. Its was lovely and great business hotel. This one, the TRYP Paulista is 2 minutes away from it and I regretted booking it! The internet access is so bad that I could not even open emails! What kind of a business hotel is that?! The food was fine, the rooms were fine, the bar was nicer than the Caesar and the gym was good, but the internet was so terribly bad I really thought it was my laptop! I wont be coming here again...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David M
Bianca T, Chefe de Serviços at Tryp Sao Paulo Paulista Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear David M,

Thank you for choosing TRYP Paulista as your hotel in Sao Paulo.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the Internet access. Let us reassure you that we have immediately taken all the necessary measures in order to improve this aspect for your next stay.