“Nice location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Delhi, India
“Nice location”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Walls are paper thin I can hear whatever my neighbour does the neighbourhood seems safe considering it is next to the us counsel late and some shopping areas. Very far from gur airport and with the traffic be ready for a min 2 hours taxi ride make sure you pre book a car to avoid waiting wifi in the rooms is good Good deal for anyone visiting São Paulo for an exhibition or convention.
R

Room Tip: Choose a corner room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Edson_TrypNU, General Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Ms. Nyashpal,

Thank you very much for your time in providing us with feedback about your recent experience in our hotel.
Your comments are of great value and will contribute to the improvement of our services.
I am really glad to know that you’ve enjoyed our wifi service in the rooms.
We hope to see you back soon at TRYP Nações Unidas!

Sincerely, Adener Rocha - Gerente General.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The downside is that is not close to almost anywhere and you need to get a taxi in the morning. Now, look out. If you try to get a taxi between 8 AM and 9 AM, the line will be long, with more than 10 people waiting in front of you. The last 2 times I was there (November 2012 and October 2012) I had to wait for more than 25 minutes. There is another hotel just across the street and they compete for taxis!

Rooms are nice, but small. Internet is not good, but again, I have never had good internet in any hotel in Sao Paulo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Edson_TrypNU, General Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Mr. RoamingSouth,

Firstly, we appreciate the time taking of making these comments about your recent stay in TRYP Nações Unidas.

Your comments regarding your stay with us were very important to us as an opportunity for improvement, contributing to further improve our services.

We’d like to inform you that there are a lot of taxi stands around our hotel, otherwise we’re requesting more support and vehicles specially during the morning.

We hope to welcome you again at the Hotel TRYP Nações Unidas in the near future.

Cantu, Italy
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel has a nice appearance. The room was nicely furnished, but small and noisy. The wi-fi connection included in the rate is very poor. The breakfast, included in the rate, is good and abundant. The hotel is located far away from the central areas of Sao Paolo, especially in relation with the traffic conditions; I perceived the area surrounding the hotel to be not very safe, with a very limited offer of restaurants, shopping, and entrainment at walking distance. The staff is friendly, but generally inefficient and unable to solve any problem. I consider the value of this hotel on the lower side in relation with the cost of the accommodation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Luca D,

Firstly of all, we thank you for choosing TRYP Nações Unidas as your stay in São Paulo and for your comments about our hotel.

We apologize for not fully meet your expectations. For your next stay with us please contact our Reception or Serviexpress Service. It will be a pleasure to provide the best references for some of the main points of the city. We are located at the central hub of the Chácara Santo Antônio’s corporate offices, 7 km away from the Congonhas Airport and 42 km from the Guarulhos International Airport, 3km to the Transamerica Expo Center, 20km to downtown, 1 km to Morumbi and Market Place Shopping Centers.

Travelers are raving about these Sao Paulo hotels

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The recent negative reviews are very accurate. I have seen this hotel deteriorate over the years, it smells bad, the wi-fi signal is poor and the overall hotel is outdated. My recent experience confirmed that this is a place that I DO NOT recommend to anyone. Their customer service is a disaster. Beware of their hidden policies!!! Here is my story: I had recently booked a short two nights stay and had to change my plans. I canceled the reservation 20 days in advance and still was charged 100% of the room charges plus taxes. The cancelation policy is very abusive and is not common practice in the industry. When I called to ask for an explanation, the broken English staff transferred around me four times until I got to someone that literally told me " We are right and you are wrong. This is a contract. There is nothing that I can do for you". I never expected to hear this kind of answer from someone that is on the CUSTOMER SERVICE business. I could hardly believe how primitive and obnoxious the staff was. They literally feel entitled to your money no matter how bad the service is. Ah.....of course, the cancelation policy was never fully disclosed until I called. Do not stay at this hotel. There are better options in SP.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Edson_TrypNU, General Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Mr. Daniel Paula,

Thank you for choosing TRYP Nações Unidas for your stay in São Paulo, We apologize for not fully meeting your expectations.

We would like to inform that as your booking was requested by the travel agency with a special fare, the cancellation policy is irrevocable therefore if cancel or modify the booking or guests is no show, 100% will be charged. This policy is communicated to all of our guests when they make their reservation (both over the phone and reservations that are made online).

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Breakfast the food is ok but the service is horrible, no clean cutlery they dont collect the dirty dishes from table, which makes it difficult to find a place to sit..............

the rooms are horrible tv are so oldddddddddddddd, carpets are discusting.
you will only find new rooms from the 12floor up

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Edson_TrypNU, General Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Costumer,

We immensely thank you for having dedicated your time to inform us about your experience in TRYP Nações Unidas. Your comments regarding the breakfast service and the room are greatly appreciated and they are an incentive in seeking constant improvements to offer our guests, for its our main goal to provide ever a pleasant stay.

We would like to inform you that the hotel recently renovated nine floor rooms. It will be a pleasure for us to have a new opportunity to receive you in TRYP Nações Unidas so that we can show you our newly renovated guest rooms.

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have to say that my whole critic for Tryp Nações Unidas is completely influenced by a fact that I discovered as soon as I entered my room (314): the wifi signal was so free that not my iPad or iPhone and nor my laptop was able to connect. In fact, the Estanplaza hotel signal from across the street was much heavier.

Once I discovered (going down to the lobby) that it was not my problem, I complained but there was apparently no solution for that in that area of the hotel. The wifi is free but you can get a "better connection" paying 30 R$ per day!!, but sadly the signal was the same one. I asked to change rooms (it was around 5 in the afternoon and i had not unpacked) but it was "impossible". During my hours in the lobby that afternoon (I connected my PC with the LAN wire in the room but many of the things I needed to do had to be done from my iPad) I saw people and people doing the check-in (dozens, I am not kidding). It seems that the only effort they had to do to change my room was change two numbers in the computer, but apparently it was too much for them...

I do not understand these hotels that claim "free wifi!" in their offer, just to discover, on arrival, that it means "lousy wifi" and that, if you want something decent, you have to pay for it (more or less what you pay for half a month at home). The Tryp Nações Unidas goes one step further: in some of the rooms, you can't have it even by paying...

And for the rest of of the hotel: the rooms are fine but somewhat small. Bathroom and toiletries were ok. TV had a good selection of channels but many of them were not working. It took an hour and talking to 4 people! to get that fixed. Breakfast is the typical in a Brazilian 3 stars hotel, with fruit, eggs, etc. The quality was average. Sadly, the pão de queijo (cheese bread, a Brazilian delicacy) was, and I quote a Brazilian guy who sat in the same table, "the worst ever". I tried it and didn't finish it. Nor did him. I ordered room service one night (around 8 PM and after finishing I left the tray at the door. It was there next day at 9 AM...

The personnel is kind but their ability to help varies.

About the location: as you know São Paulo is a very big city so, if you are going for business and your business is very near (there are many), this hotel can be an option (there are some others though). Just bare in mind that the area is not interesting at all, the entertainment or shopping offer at a walking distance is none (and even is does not seem unsafe, the area at night is not walkable), and pray, if you need it, for your room having a good signal.

Room Tip: If you choose this hotel, ask beforehand for a room with good wifi signal
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raanana Israel
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in both Blue Tree and this one. Both same location and same price ($190). The Tryp is newer, smaller room. Feel clean. Nicer breakfast - include vegetables, cakes, good coffee and more. Better internet connection.

• Stayed November 2012
Edson_TrypNU, Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Mr. Nadavit,

Your remarks were deeply appreciated. It is with great pleasure that we receive your comments about our Hotel, for us it is very important to hear from our guests their comments and experiences. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast.We hope to welcome you again at the Hotel Tryp Nações Unidas in the near future.