“Luxury, but there are better option”

Tivoli Mofarrej - Sao Paulo
Ranked #8 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed there for a weekend in april. The hotel is beautiful, luxurious, but there are better options (much better) nearby, in the same price category.
Rooms are kind of old, that received a lifting (not a good one)
Parking personnel is not as attentious as you would expect from a 5star hotel. Also, the breakfast is below average for a place like this.
The best of the hotel is the Arola restaurant, on the rooftop, 23th floor, with a beautiful view of the city and a good spanish cousin.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The highs: great staff, good location and comfortable beds.

Some negative points: no free wifi (if you want complimentary wifi you need to become a member of the hotel's loyalty scheme), no free coffee or tea in the rooms and my toilet didn't work properly. For me these are the kind of things that an expensive five star hotel should be on top of..

Apart from these minor issues the hotel was great. The location is great for avenida paulista as well as jardins and the hotel staff were incredibly helpful and polite.

I'd would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights in the Tivoli. The reception is beautiful, staff efficient, helpful & friendly, check-in was straightforward our room wasn't quite ready so I sat by the pool enjoying a coffee in the sunshine...no hardship.

The room was on the 16th floor & had a GREAT, expansive view across the park and the skyline of Sao Paulo. The room itself was large, stylishly modern and comfortable. It had all the usual luxuries including a Nespresso machine but no milk/milk powder...so expresso only. The bed was huge & sumptuously comfortable.

Breakfast was included in our room tarif. Breakfast was very good; lots of delicious fresh fruit, lovely pastries, fresh bread, a selection of hot food which changed every morning plus a chef to cook omelets to order.

We ate dinner in the top floor restaurant which was a fabulous space, with gorgeous views. The food was good, we ordered the tasting menu. It wasn't the best food we'd eaten in Sao Paulo, but it was definitely the most expensive at £300.00 for two people with wine!

Overall our stay was wonderfully comfortable, very luxurious. The hotel is probably in the most central and convenient site in Sao Paulo but it comes at a price...eye wateringly expensive!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very well located, beautiful entrance but still an aged hotel with very average rooms.
Service was quite good until this morning at checkout when I got a "surprise" at checkout. They "lost" my fidelity profile and I ended up charged for Internet. I had been told at check in that it would not be charged...
Not very helpful attendant made me pay (a lot by the way) for a poor and slow Internet.
Besides that, at the price we paid I now know we can get better and newer hotels (maybe even with better service)

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Leonardo_de_Araujo
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Arrival was friendly and the entrance hall looks stylish and good. After this, my experiences were not so good:
Arriving in my room (340USD per night), electric 110V cables hanging out of the wall not protected, the floor, walls, mirrors and wardrobe dirty and in need of renovation.
I took pictures, showed them to management and got a better room, a fruit basket and a free breakfast. I was assured that the room will immediately be renovated. The new room was better and renovated. No refund on the unacceptable room though.

Personally I don't consider this to be a good service:
1. Arriving in a 5 star hotel after a long flight, I expect to directly get an acceptable room.
2. Since I arrived early, the hotel was not flexible enough to allow me an early check-in, I had to book an extra night to have a room upon arrival (so I had to pay two days, 680 USD for the non renovated room before I could get an acceptable one)
3. Sauna and wellness only for an extra charge
4. Internet in the room only for an extra charge
5. Fitness only for an extra charge
6. A cup of coffee in the room was charged with 4 USD extra (!)

Certainly not a "Leading Hotel of the World" as they claim. I was very disappointed.

(Since the hotel said, they would directly renovate the room, I don't post the pictures of the not acceptable room here)

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank yoyannik
Reviewed March 23, 2013

For the price the rooms (classic floors) were in need of a refurb. My TV wasn't working either. The reception and lobby are done up very modern and cool but that's about it. The hotel forgot to mention that using the gym comes at a cost and the Internet connection, after having to purchase it, kept going down. The restaurant staff added the 10% tip without asking and by handwriting it for you on the line that is clearly meant for the customer to fill in. It's in a great location and the staff was nice so I was disappointed to be left feeling so unimpressed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Katha P
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last few years - the last time was for a conference, this time because it was a last-minute reservation and the Fasano where I normally stay was full. On both occasions, the experience was bad. The rooms badly need renovation, and lack modern facilities. The first two room keys did not work. The waiters at the bar were insolent (one refused to give a colleague a glass of ice cubes; one gave me a "wait" hand signal when I asked for the bill). Before the Fasano opened, I used to stay at the Renaissance; the experience was more pleasant, and they did not pretend they were a five-star hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business