“Good business hotel, excellent service, need an upgrade.”

Tivoli Mofarrej - Sao Paulo
Ranked #9 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Good business hotel, excellent service, need an upgrade.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here 2x for a business meeting. Service in the Hotel is excellent. Good lobby bar for drinks and ford. Breakfast and buffet restaurant in the basement is average and airo is cold. Staff is willing to help and meet to customers demands. Top floor Restaurant is great. Go there for location and service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Good: pretty lobby; very clean and spacious room; nice shower and bathroom overall
Bad: ordered room service ... who makes a chicken sandwich taste that bad?; wake up call came 10 minutes late; they don't own their gym so they cannot accommodate any requests to open early as most high quality hotels can do; my colleague and I joked that we needed to budget five minutes of buffer to get an elevator at any of the peak usage times

I think it's a slippery slope down from the Fasano in Sao Paulo so I can't guarantee I wouldn't come back but I sure hope I don't have to. It was very blah. Serviceable but far from standout.

DF
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I paid the previous night to get me a room at arrival time 7 am; The roomm was available but a handicap room, the system was not working so they coud not program room keys. Well wento get breakfast after 45 minutes the same thing forced to go to the front desk to get a Bell Boy Clenton Great guy. This was all morning finally they thought they solve it but not Ingrid at the recetion worst attitude even though she seemed to be the one who had more knowledge an idea of what they needed to do. The room key failed during the 3 days I stayed. Something I just can tolerate they replaced the bottle water with a half consumed one. Reported at the front desk they camed to deliver one and did not take the other one which stayed inthe same place until I left. The room where I stayed 1801 I do not recomend it it has no view is in a corner near to the lifts. I almost for got it those elevators take several minutes to get to your floor some times they just dont stop.

Room Tip: Book another hotel The Bistro they seat you in dirty tables waiters just do not care.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for 7 nights for a business conference so I rarely saw anything except the inside of the Tivoli. First the good, the people here are what makes this place great. Fausto and Marcelo at the concierge desk were amazing and went above-and-beyond on pretty much any request I had of them. Other staff members I interacted with were also extremely friendly and helpful. The Jardin's location is quite nice as well, although I was unable to venture out much. However, the proximity to nice restaurants, shops and bars seem to be a huge plus compared to other locations in the city. The rooms (I was on the 16th floor) were fine and what I would expect of a nice place. Nothing spectacular about the room, but the bed was very comfortable. I'd ask for a room away from the elevator landing. The walls did seem a bit thin as I did hear my neighbor on the phone each morning. The hot water wasn't working my last morning in the hotel, but came back on later in the day. Now the bad, the check-in process was painfully slow. The people again were not the problem, it was the process of waiting for other guests in front of me, scanning my passport, entering data into the computer, asking me questions, taking an advance charge on my credit card, etc, etc. That needs to be addressed, especially for business visitors. Lastly, the bill they give you at check-out is a joke. They combine all the meals you had at any one restaurant and put them in a single line item? What?!? But wait, it gets worse, then they also divide out any beverages (non-alcoholic or booze) you had as part of those meals into a separate single line item as well? Who does this and why? Talk about making it hard on a business traveler to do his expenses! TIP - Sign up in advance for their frequent guest program to get free WIFI and avoid paying their ridiculous internet fees.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are better. Avoid the areas near the elevator landing.
2 Thank VivaPamplona
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed February 19, 2013

For $500 per night for a standard room, this hotel is very overpriced. The service is average and the front desk staff, unhelpful. I would never stay here again. The lobby is impressive however the rooms themselves are very average.

1 Thank n0mad_28
Manchester
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I loved my stay at this hotel. I was allocated a room in the 19th floor and it really liked the design and distribution of it. My stay was for working/business reasons and it was exactly what I needed. It had a long desk which at the same time was the headboard of the 2 x 2 meters bed. To the right there were two fridges a Nespresso coffee machine and lots of drinks, chocolates and all kind of snaks.

The bathroom was smart and clean with a huge walk-in shower. The bed was incredibly comfortable with a selection of 5 or 6 pillows. Big TV/plasma screen and then an area with two sofas and a coffee table which had a nice selection complimentary fruit. The views from the 19th floor were unbelievable.

The WIFI was good and I could work without problems. I had room service in a couple of occasions and the food was of good quality and came quick. I also had lunch on the restaurant next to the pool and the pizza I had was outstanding.

Breakfast was also good with a lovely selection of pastries, cold meat, english breakfast, continental breakfast and a 'chef' who is happy to make you a fresh homelet if you wish.
The staff was very helpful, polite and nice. I am learning portuguese and I tried to practice and all of them made the effort to understand me.

Now, the prices: I don't know how much the room was because my company paid for it. But I found the WIFI cost overpriced. Although I said the service was good, charging what I pay in a month at home for just 3 days is out of order. I can't say the same about the food, because the food price was very reasonable for a five star hotel and of good quality. I find absolutely ridiculous people complaining because a coffee in the room costs about $3. Are you for real?

If I come back to Sao Paulo, I really hope my company book me again in the Tivoli.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Although this hotel is very good, and I enjoyed my stay, i would have to say that the next time I will try either Emiliano or Fasano, as some friends of mine from São Paulo have recommended those as the gold standard in high-quality hotels in the big city. The WIFI fee and connection issue was annoying, as in this day and age WIFI normally is free when you are paying almost any price in any modern hotel. The location is very good, however, so enjoy this and then try another hotel on your next trip to the metropolis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends