“Decent.”

Ranked #78 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
“Decent.”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was staying in this Hotel for 2 weeks. I can say that the hotel itself was pretty good how ever the room service was not at its best. Example if you want to order food and you don't want rice then you might end up getting rice anyway, i ordered about 15 times in total and 6 of these orders i was not satisfied with this could be of one of these reasons: either i received the food 1 hour later or it was something missing or something that you didn't want.
You're suppose to have WiFi in the hotel room but in some spots in the room there is no signal for some reason so you have to adjust your position to get connection. There is also a pool and a gym, the gym is decent. The pool too but its not so clean. So your better of just burn some in the sun on the terrace.
If you will use a taxi i recomend you to ask the information desk/check in desk to get you a taxi, its not very easy to find a available taxi around.
The isolation in the hotel is not very good either, you can basically hear people walking on the floor above you and you can hear people talk in the room next to you. I suggest you to bring some headphones. :)
Anyways 4/5.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Alex_TrypH, Services Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hi Yusuf T ,
Thanks for sharing your experience at the TRYP Higienópolis. I feel so bad that we couldn´t meet all your expectations as we usually do for our guests, if you check some of the previous comments. In regards to our room service, I am really sorry that you had this experience. And about the connection, we could offer you a better internet service, in your next stay, should you have any trouble with your connection, please contact our team, we have a company that provides 24x7 support. We’re Hopefully next time you’ll have a great experience.

Thanks & Best Regards, Alex Assunção - Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2014

A friend and I stayed in this hotel for about 10 days during the World Cup. Overall, we had a very good experience. I found the staff friendly, knowledgable and very willing to help. Most of the reception staff speak excellent English. Our room was comfortable, clean and well stocked. The breakfast bar always had fresh food and a lot of it. The hotel is located in a very safe and reasonably quiet area, near a great park and large shopping centre, as well as some decent resturants and the metro.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank D D
Alex_TrypH, Services Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hello D D,
It is a pleasure to read you here. The our entire time of TRYP Higienópolis Hotel is more than happy to know that we could deliver good times for your stay in São Paulo. We hope to have you here soon to enjoy again of our services, breakfast and all region !
Best Regards, Alex Assunção - Services Manager
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at the Tryp hotel for a month while covering the World Cup, 2014. I had an amazing stay! It was the best hotel I stayed in while working in Brazil, hands down. Very clean, has a great restaurant and is within 5 minutes walking distance to a strip of nice restaurants and a shopping center. The hotel staff was extremely friendly! One employee who really stood out to me was Marcia. Not only was she super friendly but also spoke very good English. She is a hard worker and the hotel is lucky to have such an amazing person on staff. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Alex_TrypH, Services Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hello Katy A,
Nice that you had time to share your experience with us here. In name of Marcia and our entire Team we are so proud of this positive evaluation, and we are so happy that our Giallo Restaurante was pleased you.Thank you for choosing our hotel, we look forward to accommodate you any time soon in our Hotel.
Thanks & Best Regards ,Alex Assunção– Services Manager
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed in the Tryp Higienopolis in April during a short stay in Sao Paulo. My first impression on arriving at the hotel was that is was very nice, the lobby is smart and clean and the staff at reception very friendly, and they speak good English.

Upon arriving in my room, I was disappointed to be in a smoking room, the smell was very unpleasant. However after asking at reception to be moved, they immediately were able to accommodate the request and moved me into a smaller but clean room without the smell of smoke.

We were in a large party, but there really isn't anywhere to go in communal space in the hotel. Whilst we were there, a Brazilian professional football team were also staying and the breakfast/restaurant area was reserved for a private function. So we sat outside, but the hotel refused to offer table service for drinks, despite there being about 15 of us and despite there being many staff working on the bar and not seeming to be particularly busy.

Other comments about the noise in the rooms are fair, the air conditioning unit is quite loud, and you can hear a lot of what is going on in the hallway and adjacent rooms, particularly when neighbours are showering or flushing the toilet.

Breakfast is fine, nice fresh fruit, disapppointing coffee from the machine which is bizarre given that Brazil is the world's largest producer of coffee.

Upon checking out, hotel tried to charge me for parking, despite not having a car. Same thing happened to other people in my group.

Free WiFi throughout the hotel was fine throughout my stay.

Overall, I think the Tryp Higienopolis is fine, nothing special but clean and friendly and reasonably priced. They could make more effort with the outside space around the pool, and have better service for drinks/food in communal areas like outside.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Curitiba
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This hotel has a Melia standards for quality and is located very close to a big shopping mall.

The room is fairly big and very clean.

The breakfast area had plenty of tables to receive the guests and the food options were quite nice.

I reccomend this hotel for a business trip.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors to avoid traffic sounds at night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Alex_TrypH, Service Manager at Tryp Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hi manu_accioly ,
It is a pleasure to read you here. The our entire time of TRYP Higienópolis Hotel is more than happy to know that we could deliver good times for your stay in São Paulo. We hope to have you here soon !
Best regards, Alex Assunção - Service Manager
Modiin, Israel
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Seems like the Tryp hotel requested for my review to be removed - claiming that I was referring to a different hotel. Well I'm not, this review is about the Tryp Higienopolis hotel on Rua Maranhao 371, Sao Paulo. Attempt #2 at sharing my experience with the tripadvisor community.

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks with a colleague and it was the most terrible hotel experience i have EVER had.

In a two week period I was in three different rooms, whereas my colleague had to change FOUR times.

The first time I had to move was due to the extremely noisy A/C unit (which apparently is 'normal' - *cough*), the second time was due to a massive flood coming from the toilet which totally flooded my room at 7am! The same exact thing happened to my colleague in a completed separate room! The walls are paper thin and you can hear *everything* from the adjacent room. Ranging from turning on the tap in the sink (extremely noisy piping) to snoring and coughing neighbors.I would get woken up every time my neighbors went to the toilet in the night. In my third room, the minibar didnt work, even after they replaced it for a new one! The new one was just leaking with water, by which point I was too exhausted to complain - again!

The room cleaning service took place every day at approximately 4pm/5pm by which time I had already come back from work to a dirty/messy room. It took the reception almost an hour to send someone to clean my room, even after I called them 5 times!

The pathetic excuse for a gym has some old dirty dumbbell weights, a dysfunctional multi-trainer and a lame excuse for a treadmill from 1980 including a small dirty swimming pool.

I really dont think there is anything good I can say about this hotel, apart from the location and water pressure in the shower, which is really nothing to write home about.

Also, the breakfast which costs $13, for something really unsatisfying.

In a nutshell:

1) They have a central air conditioning unit which is terribly noisy, which can not be used if you want to get a bit of sleep or reading time. Which is awful in the heat of Brazil
2) Staff dont speak English - at all (apart from one or two people at the restaurant)
3) Paper thin walls - you can literally hear your neighbors talking

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Dov L
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2014

this is generally a good hotel with rooms and amenities of a good quality. However, be prepared to be very frustrated with the wifi in the rooms. While the signal is good when you are connected you are constantly being kicked-off which requires you to re-register and this can be multiple times over the course of a few minutes: bottome line is if you need a robust connection for a business trip and are relying on wifi to receive and send documents be aware.

Location is great with many restaurants within walking distance - particularly in the university area a short distance - 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Also a great shopping center is within a few minutes walk.

Staff are all very nice and accomodating but beware also that check-out is extremely slow and can take up to 45 minutes early in the morning if many are checking-out at the same time so give yourself lots of time!!

Taxi service is very convenient as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business