TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel
Prodigy Berrini by GJP(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
$68
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sao Paulo Iguatemi By Melia(Sao Paulo)
$83
$100
Maksoud Plaza(Sao Paulo)
$121
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Sao Paulo Morumbi(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Restaurant
$52
$60
  • Free Internet
Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel(Sao Paulo)
$63
$60
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Landmark Residence(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
$74
$192
Hotels.com
  • Pool
1,024 results
All reviewsshopping mallnice roomsafe areahotel is locatedtoilet paperwalking distancedoing businesswifi is freelocation is excellentnice areapaulista avenuehigienopolisneighborhoodbrazilpaulolocalizationenglish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2013

As fellow travellers has written, then the hotel is well located. But that is pretty much it.

The service is in general quite poor. Me and my colleagues had to ask to get our rooms cleaned several times because they apparently forgot it. They do not have a real concierge function, so the info regarding the city, maps, tours etc. was very limited as the receptionists apparently are not experts in ”things to do” and there is the language barrier if you do not speak Portuguese. Check in/check out was extremely slow and cumbersome. When ordering a taxi through the hotel it could take 15 minutes to get, even though the streets were full of them. If you have 2-3 devices which need internet access, then it is a major problem as they can normally only manage one device per room – not suitable if it is a business hotel..

The fitness room would need a big refurbishment; really out-dated weights and machines and some of the fitness machines did not work and looked like it has been in that state for months. No music in the fitness room. The worst is though, that the swimming pool was not suited for swimming at all! I addressed the issue twice at the reception but nothing happened. Then I took the manager out to see the ”green” pool – full of algae and fungus (see pool pictures…). In the end of the pool under the building, the pool got all green when I was swimming because I stirred the green stuff up. He said he was ashamed and that they could not offer a standard like this to the guests, but… nothing ever happened..

So if you enjoy a clean healthy pool and good service, avoid using this hotel.

Room Tip: Bwtween 7-13th floor you will have a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Vinking
Golda_TrypH, Gerente geral at TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Mr. Vinking,
First of all, we would like to thank you for your time and attention spent to offer your review. We are deeply sad that you couldn´t enjoy your stay with us as usually our guests do. In regards to your concerns, I would like to collect more information about your whole experience so I´ll be able to provide you with a better feedback, please feel free to contact me at gergeral.higienopolis@tryphotels.com.br. You can rest assure that all those issues will be taken care immediately and, should you consider us for your next stay in São Paulo, I´ll be more than happy to speak with you personally.
Thank you & Best Regards, Golda Boruchowski – General Manager

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very nice hotel in a safe, residential, tranquil neighborhood (Higienopolis), while close to Paulista neighborhood and beyond (nightlife). High End shopping Mall around the corner (by foot), and more charming residential walks nearby.(As a North European, I was impresse by the extensive "cemiterio". Definite plus here the charming neighborhood.
Very good (local-standards) service and efficiency (this is not a Grand Hyatt, whose "New Brooklyn" location and neighborhood does not allow for 3 steps outside on foot). Ok breakfast, ok Gym,

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrequentTraveller77
Golda_TrypH, Gerente geral at TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear FrequentTraveller77,
Thanks for dedicate some of your time to review the TRYP Higienópolis Hotel, our entire team is more than happy to know that we could deliver good times for your stay in São Paulo. We hope to have you here soon, in this opportunity we would like to show you more about the city we are passionate about and make your stay even more enjoyable.
Best Regards,
Golda Boruchowski, Gerente Geral

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Surprisingly similar to Novotel (even the room furniture), this Tryp hotel had a nice location in a quiet residential area, still close to downtown São Paulo and Paulista. Breakfast was nice and service was friendly. Shopping mall just a few blocks away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Tryp is a nice hotel in a very comfortable and safe part of Sao Paulo. The rooms are clean and comfortable, cafe is good for breakfast and it is just a short walk to lovely high end shopping mall and in the other direction a number of nice restaurants.
Check in/out can be slow, which is the only hinderance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank George G
Golda_TrypH, Gerente geral at TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Mr. George G.
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your time to comment about the TRYP Higienópolis Hotel. It is a pleasure to read it and learn how we can improve our services and keep up the good work we are doing so far. I would like to apologize about the time you spent during your check in/out, however, you can rest assured that we´ll be working hard to correct it, then you´ll have more time to enjoy the venues our hotel offers. I hope we can see you again to deliver an exceptional service during your next stay.
Thanks & Best Regards,
Golda Boruchowski

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is the second time in this hotel. I had chosen because of the location at Higienópolis. On the first night woke up several times. By 6:00 am i managed to see the reason... the air condition had stopped. The maintenance guy went to the apartment and told me the the system freezed, So, i would have to wait to turn on the system again... but i want to sleep... and could not with that temperature. So, i had to insist to change the room. the guy told me also that my room was not renovated... but i payed for a premium room (supposed to be the best one). In the second room, that me and my wife had to go in our pijamas and carrying our luggages like a zombies with no sleep at all, i found out that the tv was not working... coincidence or not, one of my favorite sports, Formula 1 race, was about to start and i do not miss any race, even when i am travelling... long-story-short, i had to change to another room. It is not a terrible hotel, but the rooms are simple and, when, for me, one of the major factors regarding a hotel quality is the air condition system. Interesting, i remembered seeing other reviews at Trip Advisor concerning the air condition topic of this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the renew rooms, but they are not quite so renew.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Golda_TrypH, Gerente geral at TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear mpapel,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the TRYP Higienópolis for your stay in Sao Paulo. We are really sorry about the incident you encountered during that time.
As we were aware of the situation you described, our maintenance team was able to repair all the equipments mentioned to ensure that you or any other guest won´t face the same issue again.
I would like you to consider stay with us next time you´re in São Paulo to overcame the impression you had and see how we care about your comfort and well being in our hotel, I`ll be more than happy to meet you and ensure your complete satisfaction.

Golda Boruchowski – General Manager