“Very nice hotel, good English speaking staff, avoid the 'gym'”

TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel
Ranked #75 of 328 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've just returned from staying at this hotel for a week on business. Previous reviews mentioned that staff did not speak good English, but this was certainly not the case when I was there. All members of staff I encountered at various times of the day (from a very early check in to late at night) were all very helpful and spoke good English.
The breakfast was good, with plenty on offer. The surrounding neighbor hood was also very nice, with everything you need nearby.
Overall this is a very nice place to stay, with the only let down being the gym - which is terrible. It seems that they spent all their money on the rest of the hotel, then went to the local scrappy and bought some old gym equipment - it's a shame that they cut this corner considering how nice everything else is. I also attempted to use a nearby commercial gym in the shopping center (BioRitmo) but they wanted to charge me £30 a day or £100 for the week! so I gave that a miss..

Room Tip: I had a Premium room which was very nice and big.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Golda_TrypH, Gerente geral at TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Internati0nal_Sales,
Thank you for write about the TRYP Higienópolis Hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding our Gym, we have all equipments working properlly, however for a havier trainning, we can refer you to a nearby gym that offers complete services.
In your next stay in São Paulo, let our English speaking staff assist you in this matter and any othe concearns you may have.
Golda Boruchowski - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayd at this hotel for 3 nights whilst on business for the first time in Sao Paulo. Staff friendly though their English wasn't always the best. Rooms were larger than average and newly refurbished, beds very comfortable. Bathroom was small, no bath but a double shower. Breakfast was buffet style and of good quality, plenty of choice and amazing fresh fruit. Something for everyone. We didn't eat evening meal in the hotel though the restaurant (same one as breakfast) did look a bit lacking in atmosphere. It seemed a safe neighbourhood with a good shopping mall, supermarket and restaurants on nearby streets.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Expect more than an average Tryp standard for this hotel. Comfortable rooms and beds. Good breakfast. Quiet. Safe location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The hotel is placed in a nice neighborhood, the rooms are excellent, nice service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located in a very safe neighborhood with all basic commodities nearby.
There is a wonderful bakery on the same street well worth the short walk for breakfast.
My experience checking in was frustratilingly long and inneficient. After waiting in line for twenty minutes, I was given forms to fill out all in Portuguese and was informed that I could not get my room because I was 65 minutes early for checkin time of 2 PM. I asked if there were rooms ready and was told: oh yes sir but you will have to wait or come back at 2 !! I protested and was then informed that if I signed up for their loyalty card I could get it right away! More forms to fill out! I pointed to the line behind me as I did not want others to wait for me to fill out more forms. He seemed oblivious to it all and waived my blank room key as an incentive for me to get on with it.
Some high pressure marketing tactic! I'm not impressed and don't feel any warm loyalty to this chain and probably won't ever given this experience.

The room itself is ok although the bathroom is so tiny compared to the rest of the room.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank GlobalguyOttawa
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Just arrived, and I feel I have to write a review. Everything is just perfect, I 100% recommend it. I heard that the city was ugly and dangerous: what a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Well located in Higienópolis, São Paulo, this Hotel is within walking distance of a shopping mall, several good restaurants, and only 10 minutes to Parlatino. Quiet and safe family neighbohood.

Room Tip: Always ask for a higher floor and away from elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Golda_TrypH, Gerente geral at TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear PCCHAVES,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the TRYP Higienópolis. It is just wonderful that we could meet your expectations. As you mentioned, we are in a really cozy and safe neighborhood that you can enjoy lots of restaurants and the mall nearby. In your next stay in TRYP Higienópolis, please, let our team suggest you the best our city has to offer.
Best Regards,

Ville Hotel
#238 of 328 in Sao Paulo
Jardins
Mercure Sao Paulo Jardins Hotel

Been to TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel

Address: Rua Maranhao 371, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 02326-020, Brazil (Formerly Melia Confort Higienopolis)
Location: Brazil > State of Sao Paulo > Sao Paulo > Higienopolis , Brooklin Velho
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#10 Green Hotel in Sao Paulo
#40 Business Hotel in Sao Paulo
#40 Luxury Hotel in Sao Paulo
#54 Romantic Hotel in Sao Paulo
Price Range: $81 - $134 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel 4*
In the center of a most important districts of São Paulo, the TRYP Higienópolis hotel is the best option for those looking for tranquility and comfort, being at the same time close to several points of reference in the city of São Paulo. Besides the comfort and functionality, the hotel is PetFriendly, it offers free Wi-Fi in the apartments, cable TV, recreation areas with swimming pool, sauna and gym, restaurant and event area. Get to know our facilities and services on your next trip and stay in a hotel with the quality that only Meliá can offer. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your TRYP Sao Paulo Higienopolis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Tryp Higienopolis Hotel Sao Paulo