“Needs for a renovation now”
Review of Melia Ibirapuera

Melia Ibirapuera
Ranked #108 of 327 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Location is very convenient, close to Congonhas Airport and some good restaurants. Unfortunately that is the only thing I can say was good during the night I spent there. The hotel is in a desperately need for a renovation. But what really gets me was the reception: 45 minutes waiting for a room! The room I got was spacious, but extremely impersonal and faceless (even for a hotel) and the rug was utterly old and also a little bit dirty. I have no words to exactly describe the bathroom. Sanitary metal fittings were at least not in good shape, as well as towels. Finally, bathing myself with cold water early in the morning was definitely not a happy ending for my stay. PS: With the exception of the orange cake (in fact it was a passion fruit cake), breakfast, which is served in a beautiful salon, was okay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ggeralpibi, Supervisora de Serviços at Melia Ibirapuera, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear, guest.

We thank your comments, they are very important to improve daily. It is only by the opinion of our client we can make improvements and reforms, many thanks again.

All your comments forão passed on to responsible, excuse us for the inconvenience during his stay.

We hope to welcome you again to change the image.

I'm available for whatever is needed.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the Park Inn to attend a recent expo at the TransAmerica Centre. Good location in Moema - a upmarket neighbourhood of the city. Shopping within close proximity of the hotel, Italian restaurant across the road is good. The park is a good 15-20 minute walk beside a busy road, but worth visiting.

The hotel is fairly clean and tidy, I stayed in a suite which provided more space to work with a desk and table and chairs. Very comfortable bed, slept like a log despite the traffic outside. I had some initial problems with the room key, but the staff quickly resolved. The indoor lap pool is fine, and the fitness equipment looked modern and well used. The restaurant breakfast was fine, if limited.

Staff were helpful and friendly - good first experience of Brazil and Sao Paulo.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear, Guest.

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and its comments. This is very important for all employees of the Park Inn by Radisson.

We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

After trying many hotels in the region I settle on the Park Inn ( former Sonesta) at Av Ibirapuera. It has very comfortable rooms and it is ideally located for those doing business in the south of SP.
The service is very good and really try hard to please.
Maintenance is a issue, I witness one elevator be out of service for a very longtime (months) and it is not unusual to have problems with the sink.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded February 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Willian.

Thank you for rating our hotel on Tripadvisor and for their sincere comments, it is very important for the whole team at Park Inn by Radisson.

I forwarded your comments to the responsible maintenance, but I can say for Mr., that all our lifts work in perfect condition now.

We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

While a little tired, the property was clean, the rooms were spacious, the beds comfortable and the service was wonderful. The entire staff went out of their way to ensure that my 9 day stay was very pleasant. It was also very affordable and I would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for lower floor, elevators can be slow.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
gerenciapibi, Supervisora de Serviços at Melia Ibirapuera, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear guest,

On behalf of all our staff and thank you for your avalição comments, they are very important to improve more and more.

We hope to host you again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

A comfortable hotel in a good neighbourhood of Sao Paulo. The reception is rather small for a hotel of that size, and the receptionists slow, but helpful and allowed my friend and I to take our room early (luckily it was available) The room was spacious and very comfortable, and very clean. A small but good bathroom and shower cubicle. The breakfast was delicious with a good selection of breads, cakes, fruits and hot dishes. I made the reservation last minute so got a good price but regular rates are I think pretty standard for Sao Paulo. Recommendable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ggeralpibi, Supervisora de Serviços at Melia Ibirapuera, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest, Good afternoon!

I would like to thank its assessment on behalf of all our employees.

We hope to host you again in our hotel.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel requires a good renovation, painting and replacement of furniture. Walls and furniture are a bit grimy. The breakfast is very poor for those who need special diets, such as diabetics. Does not do justice to the name Radisson.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ggeralpibi, Supervisora de Serviços at Melia Ibirapuera, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear guest,

Good morning,

We apologize for the inconvenience, soon we will be reforming in our building. Besides the renovation, the hotel will profile PARK INN.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

No, not all the staff speak completely fluent English; however I reckon the staff in the Radisson in Glasgow don't speak portuguese that well! I am always a little surprised that this is the number one complaint people have!

I felt the staff were friendly, did their best to understand and help guests, and when they couldn't understand us, found another member of staff who could. They provided maps and the room card came with a voucher for a free drink at the bar.

The location is fine, close to a shopping centre and restaurants; however the website talks about it being close to the park - it isn't, get a taxi! Blistered feet when wearing flip flops do not a happy girl make... The park is well worth a visit as it has an observatory, museum, Japanese garden and lots more. The gadget that douses you in water vapour is also fab when you are melting in the heat.

The hotel itself is modern and clean, lifts mean it is accessible and there is a gym and pool (both deserted when I used them).

The room we had was quite large with a massive window, although to be fair there isn't much of a view! Bathroom nice and clean, with all the usual soaps etc. Mini bar in the room (didn't buy anything from it, but it is large, so stashed our drinks there!)

The restaurant was nicely appointed, but seemed a bit pricey and the menu was somewhat limited, not many people appeared to eat there. Buffet breakfast in the morning was good, no complaints from either of us on that one, which is unusual as usually one is happy and the other complains!.

All in all I felt the hotel was of a good standard.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
ggeralpibi, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Ibirapuera, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your assessment. Is very important to the hotel your opinion.

We are available if needed.

Come back soon.