“L'Hotel Porto Bay Exceed My Expectations!”

L'Hotel PortoBay Sao Paulo
Ranked #9 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Cincinnati, Ohio
“L'Hotel Porto Bay Exceed My Expectations!”
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I am the world's pickiest when it comes to hotels. I want clean, secure, quiet, and a well equipped fitness center. I have been staying in Sao Paulo off and on for over a year now and there are some very nice hotels but they tend to be quite expensive and pretentious. After each stay I think to myself that I need to find the right hotel one of these days and I did at L'Hotel Porto Bay. The hotel is clean, quiet, and secure so it met my basic needs. It has a decent fitness center but not the best; it needs a bit of updating and more heavy weights, but I was able to improvise. The staff is exceptional and very helpful. In fact I can say for the first time ever about a hotel that I felt at home! The dining room was nicely appointed, clean, food was very good, and the staff there was incredible. I wish I could remember the one waitresses name (I remember she spent a couple of weeks at Disney World), but she was pleasant and nice to chat with. My room was quiet and clean, and the shower was great. It had a flat screen TV and FOX News, which was really great (CNN too for those so inclined). I had a problem connecting to the wireless and called down to the front desk, and within minutes an IT specialist arrived at the door and solved my problem. Try that at one of the big chains. This is now "my hotel" when I visit Brazil. In fact I thought that writing reviews may not be a good thing, because I'd like to keep this hotel is a nicely kept secret. By the way, the hotel is in a safe part of town and I was able to walk to a very nice selection of local restaurants.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Incline Village, Nevada
Reviewed November 6, 2009

My wife and I were extraordinarily pleased with this little gem of a hotel which we happened upon during our two-day visit to Sao Paulo, Brazil. The room was reasonably priced, beautifully done and the service level was one of the finest we have experienced as frequent travelers around the world. The restaurant served some of the best food we had experienced on this trip to Brazil and we delighted in the intimate rooftop pool with a retractable roof. We would highly recommend this property for anyone looking for great value in an intimate setting.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GypsyDenise
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I would like to say thanks to each one of the staff member of the L'Hotel Porto Bay Sao Paulo. Guys, you are great!!! May God Bless you!!! Thanks.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank BrazilUSA_9
Lisboa
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The recently acquired L'Hotel has maintained the flair and nostalgic style of its landmark reputation and now offers mint fresh enthusiasm from the team that wants to show its all about people. The hotels top location, imaculate reputation and reasonable prices make the hotel practicaly unbeatable. In times like these you might find that yput corporate buget accomodates less Fasano, however not necessisarily less style and service

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Hertfordshire
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I normally stay at the Reinesance when I’m in Sao Paulo for business, but this time I decided to try something smaller and more personal. With its location (just off Ave Pauliusta) and facilities, the hotel seems to be focus primarily towards the business traveller with free internet etc. You never feel overcrowded or as just another guest as you usually do in larger hotels. The whole experience can be summed up as classy and efficient in a discrete and understated way.

I will definitely be staying here on my future visits to Sao Paulo

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Kailua-Kona, HI
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Our three night stay was amazing! The staff took care of our every need and desire with great friendliness. The spa was small - one massage table (we didn't book a massage). The two ofuro baths were prepared just for us with music, candles and bubbles - no extra charge. Heated pool under the retractable roof very nice and relaxing. The complimentary breakfast was amazing with a complete buffet of fresh fruits, juices, cereals, pastries, cheeses and meats, and made-to-order eggs and waffles also were included at no extra charge.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Under the administration of Porto Bay chain, this nice hotel it´s better then before.
Nice location, friendly staff and excellent service, special with the buffet breakfast

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple