“Spotless chic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 322 Hotels in Sao Paulo
London, United Kingdom
“Spotless chic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed week at the porto Bay while on business trip to Sao Paulo.
This hotel is a delight.
Decorated in an old fashion british chic yet in perfect state, everything is cream, plush, calm and homy right in the middle of Jardim, one of the most fancy and cosmopolite part of the city.
Staff were helpful and discreet, rooms if not big, are well made and with all amenities.
Breakfast is very good and with plenty of choices. The spa/gym area is not big either but clean and modern.
The hotel helped make my stay an easy one!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Palmiterro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Being a guest at L'Hotel has ever been a dream for me. Friends that had stayed there enjoyed the experience. Now, under Porto Bay's flag, it's even better, I bet. Located right at the heart of São Paulo's financial and business area, it couldn't be more conveniently placed. Near everything and everywhere! It's chic, sophisticated and, at the same time, simple and cozy. Delicious breakfast at the best Brazilian buffet breakfast tradition. Complimentary WiFi will simplify your day and speed up your business. Friendly and helpful front desk personnel will spoil you with their kindness. And, finally, don't miss L'Hotel spa. Competent masseurs will bring you back to shape after a stressing day of work at Brazil's biggest metropole. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms at higher floors are always nicer and may provide a better view of the city.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I spent 5 days with my husband and one-year-old daughter. Service is outstanding. Although being known more as a business hotel, it's a place where staff treats you very warmly. It's located close to main São Paulo attractions and close to subway if you need to go farther. I'd like to send a special thank you to Robson and Tassiana (restaurant).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Vantelina
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversay at L'Hotel and we lovedit! All the staff is very kind and efficient. We booked a special package of celebration that includes dinner and breakfast. It was perfect. I do recommend this hotel for a romantic celebration!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JaneSV
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I spent 3 weeks in November 2012 and last two weeks in June 2013 and I have been always very satisfied. Their staff is numerous, kind and very efficient. Excellent service, very good breakfast (included in the price of the room).
Point to improve: some details in the bathroom ("robinetterie" that can be improved in some of the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Pascal R
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I spent one night here at the end of a 2 week business trip where I had stayed at 3 other hotels in 3 different cities, so when I arrived at the L'Hotel Porto Bay it felt like a place I could finally relax before flying back to San Francisco the following night. I had also been recovering from a cold/cough that week, so I was quite happy to spend time in my hotel and rest. I had heard about having to take various security measures when walking around Sao Paolo, and I did not have the energy to be so guarded about my personal safety.

One comment that I wanted to share with the general manager: as a female traveler I am not comfortable when the receptionist announces my hotel room number out loud when they give me my room key. I understand that they have very good security at this property; however, I feel safer when my room number is written on the room key jacket and I am able to read it for myself. The same with restaurant staff that request my room number when I charge my meals to my room - I prefer to write my room number than announce it out loud in a public place.

The food and service at the restaurants were very good. The breakfast buffet is excellent. I used the spa in the evening (hot tubs/sauna) and had a shiatsu massage in the late afternoon before having to catch my flight. After staying in hotels for two weeks that did not have gyms, it felt luxurious to use their spa facility and have it all to myself.

I've heard that this part of Sao Paolo is really nice; however, I was at the property for less than 24 hours and did not have any time (or energy) to explore the area. I enjoyed my stay at the L'Hotel Porto Bay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Margaret R
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel in the morning but could check in early which was much appreciated. The room was comfortable and service outstanding. The desk provided great advice about transportation, local attractions and museums. The staff at the front desk spoke English and some were very fluent which had not been the case at hotels in the four other cities we stayed at in Brazil. Everyone seemed dedicated to making our stay a pleasant one. The breakfast was delicious with many choices. We also had a late lunch at the restaurant which was excellent. The food was prepared well and attractively presented. The hotel has a small pool which we used once. It is more for relaxing than swimming. The Internet worked and was included for no extra charge. We loved this hotel!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple