“Excellent business hotel”

Ranked #9 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Excellent business hotel”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights at the end of our holiday with friends. Good place, decent value for money. With 69 pretty identical rooms and a nicely furnished but relatively "old" look, I would type this a business hotel rather than a boutique hotel.
Excellent service at the front desk, continuing to treat you as a valued guest even after you have checked out.
Good room service, very good breakfast, nice gym and spa (although the pool was out of order without any idea when it would be available again). The beds in the rooms were the nicest that we had in our entire holiday.... The internet was a bit spotty (there were 4 of us in 2 rooms, and we had to keep logging in as the "maximum number of connections" was apparently always exceeded). If I travel for business to Sao Paulo I'd certainly stay here again, but if I travel with my wife or friends again I'd look for something more intimate/'specialized'.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Garmt
JCastelo, Manager at L'Hotel PortoBay Sao Paulo, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your comment regarding your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience you had with us, we will improve some areas of the hotel and I hope you can enjoy them in your next visit. Yours sincerely, Jorge Castelo - General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bern
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I wouldn't describe this as a boutique hotel per se, as although relatively small, it was quite traditional and conservative. The service was generalyl excellent (apart from trying to get Coffee at Breakfast) with staff doing their utmost to help. I was charged 50% of a day rate for early check-in as I arrived at 8am from Europe. The rooms were clean, but a little old fashioned. In all, a great hotel, but I'll be looking for something funkier next time in São Paulo.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank LambkinBern
Thank you for your comment regarding your stay and praising us as a great hotel. L’Hotel Porto Bay is decorated with original European masterpieces from XVII and XIX centuries, supplemented with traditional gifs, like the French amenities from L’Occitane, looking to create a boutique experience from Europe. If you have any suggestion that could improve our hotel, please do not hesitate to tell us. Yours sincerely, Jorge Castelo – General Manager.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Location is hard to define in Sao Paulo, so if you have flexibility I highly reccommend this hotel. We hosted a group of 16 people that met here for 4 days. The food was wonderful, the facilities beautiful and modern, the staff were terrific yet respectful. I only wished they would stop changing my towels everytime I used them. I would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Businesswoman_12
JCastelo, Manager at L'Hotel PortoBay Sao Paulo, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
I am so glad hearing such kind comment about L’Hotel Porto Bay. I apologize for any inconvenience you may had with us. I hope to see you again soon for another pleasant visit. Yours sincerely, Jorge Castelo – General Manager.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed here with my family for two nights in December 2011 before travelling to other parts of Brazil. It was a great hotel - clean and modern rooms, great breakfast that had a great range of foods, friendly and welcoming desk staff and excellent gym/pool facilities. Great location as its close to Avenida Paulista, close to the Sao Paulo metro station and a short taxi ride away from a great range of restaurants. Overall a little pricey, but so are most hotels in Sao Paulo. Highly recommended if you're staying in Sao Paulo.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank grahamau
You are so kind in sharing your experience at L’Hotel Porto Bay, thank you very much. Our location is definitely great, Avenida Paulista is in the heart of Sao Paulo. We will wait for your next stay with us. Warm Regards, Jorge Castelo – General Manager.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Remember to take breakfast in the hotel . Great fresh fruits and good fresh juices.

Room Tip: Take breakfast . It is great
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank OrlandoAsh
JCastelo, Manager at L'Hotel PortoBay Sao Paulo, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind comment regarding your stay with us. It is a pleasure that you liked our breakfast. Hoping to welcome you back soon, with best regards, Jorge Castelo - General Manager.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Friendly staff, centrally located whilst still quiet, lived up to expectation. Breakfast was my highlight English breakfast tea & perfectly poached eggs made to order, plus a great range of hot & cold buffet.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gungadin3333
Many thanks for your kind feedback. Our breakfast is really good, I’m glad that you enjoyed. Looking forward to welcome you back. Yours sincerely, Jorge Castelo - General Manager.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My wife and I spent just two nights here before departing for Paraty and Rio. It was Carnaval, and all the buses to Paraty were booked, but the concierge, Alexandre Esnarriaga, spent the better part of a day exploring every possible solution before suggesting one that saved us a lot of money: he not only booked us seats on a bus to Ubatuba but also lined up a cab driver to pick us up there. He even wrote out instructions for us, not forgetting to include a letter in Portuguese directed to the driver. Clearly, this was above and beyond the call of duty, but it appears to be business as usual at this hotel. The receptionists were all incredibly friendly and helpful, and all spoke perfect English, in a city and country where that is definitely not a given. I highly recommend L'Hotel Porto Bay not just for business travelers but for tourists like ourselves who want to stay in the vicinity of great restaurants and points of interest.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael H
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially about our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back in a near future to enjoy São Paulo and L’hotel Porto Bay. Yours sincerely, Jorge Castelo - General Manager.