“A special oasis that adds to the extraoridinary vibrancy of this city.”
Review of Hotel Unique

Hotel Unique
Ranked #3 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
London
“A special oasis that adds to the extraoridinary vibrancy of this city.”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Perched on the edge of ibirapuera park and the smart Jardin area I stood on the roof deck (restaurant and pool area) admiring the way the high raised city wraps around you at a distance. Feeling secure and relaxed in such a diversified city was not something that might have been a guarantee but the Unique made my stay a delight and I plan to return. After the early morning arrival from London I greatly appreciated the speed at which they arranged a room for me though I was quite happy lying out by the pool after an excellent breakfast. The bar is a destination in its own right and great fun to sit and watch the guests for a while and even travelling alone I felt at ease. There are lots of great restaurants and galleries close by to discover (short cab ride) and getting around was simple. Oscar Frere – think Kings Road, Chelsea. I did move to a second hotel later in my trip to Brazil and can truly say that the apathetic attitude put the amazing service I experienced at Unique into the shade. Thanks to all the lovely staff at Unique.

3 Thank Relaxed_traveller_9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Loved every thing about this Unique Hotel, awesomeness at its best. The design, the common areas, the room, how delicious, every single detail though of, chic, class on a level all on its own. I guess you gathered I loved everything about this Hotel.

However, the cherry on the cake is undoubtedly the awesome Skye Restaurant and Bar, sometimes, you pay at these type of places, just because it has an awesome view of the city, here, you pay for the amazing view plus amazing food, you actually have it all, classy restaurant, outstanding bar, food so sumptuous, that you will not want to go anywhere else, I must admit, that's what happened to me..ate there every meal in the 2 short days, I was there, could not get enough of this TOP restaurant. Food, drinks, all so sumptuous, I wanna just live there, that's all!!

I have stayed at the Tivoli (crap, run a mile) the Hyatt (decent, but not close to the Unique) Novotel, (not worth even mentioning.)

So, this is defo a place that I will stay every time in Sao Paulo.

Loved it!!

Room Tip: Don't think twice, this is certainly an experience, unforgettable!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hidden01
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you're in Sao Paulo...make a beeline to this must visit bar and hotel. We stayed for a few days during our honeymoon and it was exceptional. Great service, great character, great bar (both on 'deck' and inside the atrium. You'll be surprised!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrGilds
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had high hopes for this place. After having been to the Skye Bar in the past, I was excited for the opportunity to see the rest of the hotel. Wow - yeah, not so much! Beyond the location of the hotel (was always within 10-15 minutes of any meeting I had during my stay) I really struggle to come up with anything positive to write in my review.
The first thing you'll notice is the price. It is an expensive hotel. This can be OK, even warranted, based on length of stay and the time you may need to get around town for meetings or whatever - I get that location can play a large role in this. Having said this, I am happy to pay a high fee but with that, I would hope to get a higher level of service and amenities:

Room - average. The rooms are quite small for what you get and they are not very well appointed. The rooms do not have irons. My TV remote never functioned during my stay (one week). The rooms have paper-thin walls - you will hear everything your neighbors are doing. ;)

Gym - OK. Small, and strangely - very cold. Luckily, there was never anyone down there but with even 5 people in the place you would be very crowded.

Restaurant - below average. Food is expensive, and portions are very small. I had breakfast there twice at $40.00 a go each time. I had a cup of coffee, 1 (tiny) bowl of ceral, 1 (tiny) bowl of yoghurt, and a juice...service is just average. Very hard to get anyone to come around after the food was dropped off. I have had dinner here as well. Same story - and I left hungry. Speaking of places to eat - you only have 2 choices here: the bar downstairs with a limited menu and Skye.

Bottom line: avoid as a hotel to stay at. The best thing about this place is Skye Bar on the weekend. It is a good time, but stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the back of the hotel - not sure what the view is like, but the noise from the street...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Melissa O, General Manager at Hotel Unique, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi Steve,

First of all, thanks for your comments. We´re glad you had a great time at Skye Restaurant & Bar, inspiring you to stay with us at Hotel Unique.

Following Skye´s footsteps, the hotel was conceived to be a leading edge spot in Sao Paulo, providing to our customers an unparalleled experience through the design, the attention to details and the love for serving.

We currently have a structure of 95 accommodations, composed by 85 rooms and 10 suites of various sizes, ranging from the practical and intimate to the spacious and functional, all of them designed to suit the tastes and needs of each guest.

Some minor issues - as you had with the iron, or the TV remote control - can be promptly solved by calling our Unique Service, which works 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday.

The Fitness Center at Hotel Unique has all the merits of a fully-equipped gym, with trademark Unique touches. Two open-air heated pools with water slide entrance, dry and steam saunas, Technogym equipment and experienced personal trainer, make it a perfect space to have fun and stay healthy.

Last, but not least, we have Skye Restaurant. Commanded by chef Emmanuel Bassoleil, the first French chef to be awarded by the Académie Culinaire de France (French Cuisine Academy) in Brazil, Skye receives an average of 500-600 guests daily , and has granted some of the most important national cuisine awards. Internationally speaking, Skye is known as of the 10 best hotel restaurants in the world, according to a survey organized by Hotel´s Magazine in 2006.

We are taking all of your constructive comments in consideration and it will be discussed with the responsible for each area mentioned.

Hoping to see you back for a new experience with us,
Corfu, Greece
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This beautiful, modern hotel is comfy, stylish and in a very pleasant area of Sao Paulo city...close to Ibirapuera Park. The hotel is really well ran with pleasant and discreet staff.
Certainly suggest it for business or leisure trip!

Room Tip: Choose a Suite on top floor!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Fran D
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Recently stayed at Hotel Unique for business trip to Sao Paulo. The design and decor is definitely unique. Love the roof top pool and bar with amazing views of the city. The halls are a bit dark which could be unsettling for female travels at first but eventually I found it a part of the character of the overall hotel. Rooms were nicely appointed - all white everything! It was the customer service that far exceeded my expectations. Staff was always friendly & accommodating. I asked at the front desk where I might purchase toothpaste and the front desk staff offered to send some to my room. When I returned that evening, not only was the toothpaste there but a tooth brush and mouth wash as well. That level of customer services is indeed Unique.

2 Thank SonyaT2013
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We went here for a drink with the kids. Fantastic views and extremely friendly staff from the moment we arrived at the hotel. Paulistas (at this hotel at least) bend over backwards to make people feel welcome. Crazy beautiful view from the roof. Thank you to the staff for being so nice and patient with our group!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family