“Probably the best hotel in Sao Paulo”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Unique

Hotel Unique
Ranked #2 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
London, United Kingdom
“Probably the best hotel in Sao Paulo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Awesome place, awesome bar & cool windows (!) but incredibly toppy - really really cool hotel & probably the most iconic one in Sao Paulo but not worth the money. The cocktails are incredible tho! Rooms quite small & area not great either (but then nowhere is in SP!)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Melissa O, General Manager at Hotel Unique, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your constructive comments regarding hotel Unique and I am very glad you enjoyed it!
We are located within walking distance to Ibirapuera Park and in a residencial area. Close to the financial district and shopping areas in São Paulo, a very business city.
I hope to welcome you back soon for another stay.
Melissa Oliveira

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Unique hotel is just celebrating its 10 yr anniversary, the hotel looks a little tired but is still the place to stay, everything revolves around the roof top 7th floor, great view over the city, food very good from Pizza, Sushi, and continental food, all very good, does get crowded at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We are very proud to celebrate our 10th Annivesary as the city post card!
I thank you so much for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are on constant renovation to keep it always fresh and new and to be the coolest place in town.
I hope to see you back soon to toast with us!
Melissa Oliveira
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Amazing hotel, polite and courteous staff, great service, spotless rooms.

Upstairs Skye bar has the most amazing view (see photo).

Concierge are great at recommending places to eat too, super quick at getting a cab.

Location wise its good in that it's near the park, but the area is otherwise a little sparse. No other bars, shops etc so its a struggle to go grab quick food or a drink. Itaim or Villa Madalena would be my places to stay next time, but neither are far away from Unique by taxi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fabiola C, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Unique, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am very glad to hear your excellent comments on the service and our staff – with a special reference to the Housekeeping and the Concierges.
I am hoping for your return soon to enjoy a sunny spring afternoon on the roof top.
Dorset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Although this was my second visit to this hotel, I still find the dark corridors and elevators very disconcerting and I would imagine that many lone female business travellers would find it a little unnerving. But for the fact that colleagues have tried a couple of other hotels in SP and think that Unique is easily the best, I would not have booked to return because of the lighting. Having said this, there appears to be no cause for concern and both trips went without unwelcome incident.

The restaurant/roof terrace is excellent and the food was well prepared and quite delicious. If you want a table at lunch time you are best booking in advance as seating capacity is limited and the restaurant popular.

The location of the pool, means that you have to walk through a crowded bar if you want to swim after a full day of meetings. I never saw anyone in the pool, whilst I was there, which isn't surprising as you are on full view for the post work business revellers!

Staff were very pleasant and tried to be as helpful as they could be given often limited English language skills

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We travelled as a couple, 25/34yrs. Staying for one night, before leaving to Panama and Colombia for DJ gigs...

Arriving at Unique is a highlight, great, innovative architecture and luxury vibes from the second you drive up the hill...
Roms are very special, the lobby breathtaking and the roof is SP's best spot to overlook the endless city.

Service could be warmer, personal and more pro-active for a 5* but was still high level.

Will never forget this place.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Fabiola C, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Unique, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Bianca,
I am very thrilled with such great comments.
I can see you really understood our concept and that you could enjoy all of our facilities and the view.
Your opinion on the service is very important for us and it will be taken in consideration on our constant improvement.
Looking forward to welcoming you back at Unique.
Yours Sincerely,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've written a review on this hotel before and my views of it havent changed. The hotel is very clean, decor is nice and very friendly staff. I go into more details on my other review so please reference that for additional information on the hotel itself.

For this review I want to comment on their staff. Ive just come back from another trip to the Unique and their staff is amazing and go out of their way to help you.

My early check in was a breeze and very nice after a long over night flight. All of my requests and changes were made with no complaints and I love that the staff remembers you from previous trips.

A very special thank you to Renata and Diego at Conceirge who has made arranging cars for my travels to and from the trade show effortless.

I look forward to going again to the Unique in my future travels. It remains one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I really appreciate your return and this excellent second review about Unique.
It is very rewarding to hear that, not only the service has kept its quality, but it continues to exceed expectations. This is our main goal.
Thank you for your compliments about the Concierges and the staff.
I hope to see you back soon.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've stayed here quite a few times. On the whole, I really like it. The staff are generally friendly, although English language skills leave a lot to be desired (although they do try). The roof terrace and restaurant are good, particularly for breakfast. In the evenings, the roof terrace turns into a bar / nightclub where the locals try and look cool (however they tend to fail and the music can be really bad). There's a nice pool on the roof. The rooms are nothing special - there's this weird glass window between the bathroom and bedroom which is awkward to use. Also on the one occasion I've stayed in a suite, the floor is on an angle, making a large proportion of the room unusable (a triumph of style over substance). Together with the Fasano, it's one of only two restaurants which comes anywhere near 'European chic'.

Room Tip: I like a room facing the back of the hotel - you have a view onto some sort of park