“Best view in SP.”
Review of Hotel Unique

Hotel Unique
Ranked #3 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We travelled as a couple, 25/34yrs. Staying for one night, before leaving to Panama and Colombia for DJ gigs...

Arriving at Unique is a highlight, great, innovative architecture and luxury vibes from the second you drive up the hill...
Roms are very special, the lobby breathtaking and the roof is SP's best spot to overlook the endless city.

Service could be warmer, personal and more pro-active for a 5* but was still high level.

Will never forget this place.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Fabiola C, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Unique, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Bianca,
I am very thrilled with such great comments.
I can see you really understood our concept and that you could enjoy all of our facilities and the view.
Your opinion on the service is very important for us and it will be taken in consideration on our constant improvement.
Looking forward to welcoming you back at Unique.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've written a review on this hotel before and my views of it havent changed. The hotel is very clean, decor is nice and very friendly staff. I go into more details on my other review so please reference that for additional information on the hotel itself.

For this review I want to comment on their staff. Ive just come back from another trip to the Unique and their staff is amazing and go out of their way to help you.

My early check in was a breeze and very nice after a long over night flight. All of my requests and changes were made with no complaints and I love that the staff remembers you from previous trips.

A very special thank you to Renata and Diego at Conceirge who has made arranging cars for my travels to and from the trade show effortless.

I look forward to going again to the Unique in my future travels. It remains one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

I really appreciate your return and this excellent second review about Unique.
It is very rewarding to hear that, not only the service has kept its quality, but it continues to exceed expectations. This is our main goal.
Thank you for your compliments about the Concierges and the staff.
I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've stayed here quite a few times. On the whole, I really like it. The staff are generally friendly, although English language skills leave a lot to be desired (although they do try). The roof terrace and restaurant are good, particularly for breakfast. In the evenings, the roof terrace turns into a bar / nightclub where the locals try and look cool (however they tend to fail and the music can be really bad). There's a nice pool on the roof. The rooms are nothing special - there's this weird glass window between the bathroom and bedroom which is awkward to use. Also on the one occasion I've stayed in a suite, the floor is on an angle, making a large proportion of the room unusable (a triumph of style over substance). Together with the Fasano, it's one of only two restaurants which comes anywhere near 'European chic'.

Room Tip: I like a room facing the back of the hotel - you have a view onto some sort of park
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for writing this review.
I am glad you appreciate our cuisine and the roof top area.
We are constantly seeking to improve our treatments to the guests and offer the highest standard of services. For this reason, your feedback is essential.
Looking forward for your next visit, so that we have the chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Ok I understand why it won a prize for "uniqueness." the elevators are dark and the hallways are darker. Our room had the unique circular window that opened to the street so the street noises started at 2am. The temp was too cool for the AC but we needed fresh air. If you close the shade the room has no other window. The bathroom opens to the bedroom with this other funky large window. On the good side the service was great, the food was awesome the drinks were strong and everyone smiled and talked English. I don't want to bash this hotel because overall our stay was pleasant. I would stay there again. Perhaps it was just the room.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank GeorgefromRhody

Dear George,
Thank you for taking the time to write about us.
I really appreciate your excellent comments on the service, food and drinks.
The hotel offers some different options of room view. I suggest you try the one to the Paulista Avenue next time you come. This is the one that may be more adequate to your liking.
Please, contact me next time you come to Unique: fcarezzato@hotelunique.com .

Reviewed August 6, 2012

currently staying at the hotel visiting clients in sao paulo. architecturally it is completely unique (excuse the pun), very interesting, and quite impressive (the "front door" is probably 30 feet high and is on the side of the building for example - please look at pictures!). rooms aren't huge, but are very ergonomic and extremely comfortable. roof top pool/ bar / restaurant offer amazing views of the enormous city. food is pricy but excellent. bar is one of the hottest spots in the city, which is convenient if you want to get a taste of the nightlife but are too lazy to leave you hotel. roof top pool is spectacular. staff are great. locating is great for business- very central to all of the firms i had to meet. gym was quite small but great machinery and extremely cool (there are two indoor / outdoor pools located below it). only bad thing - breakfast not included in my room. in short - highly recommend for a comfortable place that is a lot of fun.

1  Thank MarkQ819
Fabiola C, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Unique, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Mark,
Thank you for taking your time to write such an excellent review.
We love to hear that we were able to provide you with perfect location for your business appointment and still impress you with our vanguard architecture and put you in hype place. We really seek to join work and pleasure, offering comfort and appropriate facilities that will ease your life and also create new sensations with excellent gastronomy and amazing design.
I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Plan to go there for drinks and enjoy a sunset view of the impressively dense city. Did not stay there but it's a lovely modern hotel and an extremely posh place for cocktails.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank QUYNH73
Melissa O, General Manager at Hotel Unique, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

We appreciate your words. São Paulo is really beautiful from Skye Restaurant & Bar.
We hope to see you back again in your next visit to Brasil.
Thank you again.
Melissa Oliveira

Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 1 week at Unique while visiting family in Sao Paulo. The rooftop pool & views are stunning. The Skye restaurant is excellent. The gym is state of the art with an indoor pool & steam room. The rooms are modern, minamilist & very comfortable. Showers & jacuzzi tubs are very nice as well. Everything that is to be expected from a luxury hotel, attentive service & impeccable execution.

Only 2 complaints- service at the pool was hit or miss. 2/3 days the servers were almost invisible, dissappearing for a half hour for a cocktail, or just ignoring you. However one server was exceptional, so I would say it's hit or miss. Second, the first few days there were some serious issues with the front desk allowing my sister, who lives in SP (visiting her was the purpose of traveling there) upstairs to the room during the day. She was required to show her passport & sign paperwork just to be allowed & there were no exceptions when she forgot. This was only a problem when one particular person was working at the front desk, and did not seem to be a problem with any other hotel staff. Inconsistently applied rules are a nuisance in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2012