“Well located, silent and clean”

Intercity Interative Jardins
Ranked #146 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Rio de Janeiro
“Well located, silent and clean”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Located in a very pleasant neiborhood of São Paulo, this hotel e a value for money. The rooms have a good size and are very clean. The breakfast is good, but could be better considering the brazilian tradition for this meal in hotels.
They don't offer o good Wi-Fi connection, in fact the free one I was not able to access it! They offer a valet parking for free!
Very close to the financial district of Paulista Avenue.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Marcos_Barbosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Having stayed here in August 2010 I felt quite comfortable booking for a repeat visit. I was travelling on business with a colleague and needed somewhere central as a base. I was incredibly disappointed at how things can go downhill quite so quickly. The rooms were very shabby with peeling paint, filthy carpets and chairs that seems to have had bleach thrown over them. I was also bitten by bed bugs. The windows did not close properly and the air conditioning only blows at your head when in bed - there is no directionality. On our one day off we thought we would take in some sun on the roof terrace - which is incredibly bleak but did have a shower to cool you down - however the water in there was stagnant and very unpleasantly fragrant.
The staff on reception were rude and unhelpful - one booked my colleague and I into a taxi to take us on trip only 100 yards up the road - to make matters worse he was on the phone to the driver and could be seen finding this highly amusing through the glass entrance. During our previous stay we had found the staff helpful, with good restaurant recommendations - this time their English was limited and they appeared to judge us as to where we should eat - as opposed to considering what we were asking for as we had clients to take out for dinners. Incredibly disappointed given the great location of the hotel but most definitely won't be back!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Jules-and-Lloyd

Travelers are raving about these Sao Paulo hotels

Oxford
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This was our second stay at the Tulip Interative and will definitely be our last. The staff were rude and unhelpful, recommending a Sao Paulo equivalent of Pizza Hut as a good place to have a nice meal.

The rooms look OK on first sight but, when you look more closely, the carpets are filthy, the painwork is marked, and the curtains don't close properly. And the TV doesn't work either.

To make matters worse, my colleague was badly bitten on the second night of our stay, including a bite on her eyelid. This could only have happened in the hotel.

I think the final straw was on our penultimate day, Brazilian Independence Day, when we ordered room service. Since our stay the previous year, all the staff with good English seem to have left, and we had great difficulty making ourselves understood. Then when the food order arrived it was less one sandwich but up one bottle of mineral water. When we tried to explain, the waiter just tutted at us and walked out of the room.

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU HAVE ANY ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Sue M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2011

By far the worst service I have ever received at a hotel, the staff were very rude and inconsiderate. We did not get the room that we had booked but had to settle for another, poorer quality room. The staff did not speak English well so communications was a problem. Once we got to our room there were no towels. After phoning the front desk someone finally answered, then trying to make them understand we needed towels was a problem. Once they understood the request it took half an hour to receive the towel and we really needed to shower off after a long flight, but we were kept waiting. Although Internet was adverstised as free, we had to pay for it. The Internet access code was incorrect, when I tried phoning to get the right code, this was problematic, again because of the language difficulty. When travelling I expect some difficulties, but the staff person after a few minutes of trying to communicate with me just hung up on me abruptly. I had to go down in person to have him write the code down for me. When we asked for ways to get to the airport from the hotel, we were told the only way to do it was through taxi because they did not any other way, so they didn’t know anything about the local transit or other buses that go to the airport. When I asked them to call us a taxi, they asked when our flight was. After waiting for 30 minutes the taxi finally arrived. When the taxi driver got out of his cab he slipped the bell boy some money. It was a scam, they keep you waiting until the last minute so that you are forced to us e ”their” taxi. Not only did the driver drive like a maniac he charged us at least twice the price and did not have the meter running. When we asked why he didn’t have the meter running he called the hotel on his cell phone and the hotel staff said it was a set rate. Later we found that this was a lie and we got ripped off quite a bit. Oh yeah, when we were filling out the evaluation form regarding hotel service they were looking over our shoulder. The place is not to be trusted, you always feel like you are getting ripped off at every turn in this hotel. Stay away.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Vega Baja, PR
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for the Formula 1 Brazilian Grand Prix. The carpet of my hotel's room was dirty and full of dust and dark circles. The air conditioner does not work properly and caused me asthma. The shower was a complete disaster with limus, fungus and musty smell. The hotel charged 100% of your stay to the credit card at the time of check in. I make a 30 minutes phone call to Puerto Rico and they charged me $100.00 USD. They can't change my room because they were totally booked for the F1 weekend. Sincerely, this is the worst hotel that I ever stayed.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank ZDA20
Poland
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Tulip Inn is located about 5 min walk from Paulista. Around the hotel there are a few Italian restarunts, some of them actually have a quite tasty food. There is no ATM in or near the hotel.
The room wasn't cleaned well when I arrived, it was quite damaged anyway.
When we paid by credit card, we wanted to get a receipt with our company name on, which proved to be a huge problem to a non-English speaking staff.
Tulip Inn was too expensive for what it offered

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Horsham
Reviewed August 9, 2010

After calling from the UK I was told there were 21 double rooms available at $125 per night for my two night stay. When I arrived at the hotel I was told they only had twin rooms for just the one night at $200. I left the hotel and checked the online booking system. There were double rooms for the two nights showing as available so I called the hotel. I was told yes there were rooms but only twins. I informed the gentleman that I was told there were only rooms for the one night, he informed me the hotel staff were wrong and that he could book the room for $250 per night.

I stayed somewhere else........

Don't waste your time as you will not know what your reservation is until you get to your room, if they have one nor what price you will pay until they think one up for you.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple