“good place to stay, good staff and location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Travel Inn The World
Ranked #91 of 322 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Niteroi, RJ
“good place to stay, good staff and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Good place to stay, nice location. Near good restaurants and a good Mall.
Caring staff. I recommend it!
It cannot be considered a super 5star hotel, but it suits the purpose of sleeping over and having a place to leave your things while working.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Transamérica G, Gerente at Travel Inn The World, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Ms. Maria Fernanda,
We appreciate your comments, and we are happy to have offered you a pleasant stay. Certainly our intention is to provide quality services and facilities to meet the demanding routine of our guests.
You are always welcome at our hotels and we hope you return soon!

Relationship - Transamerica Hospitality Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

With a 21st century global clientele, it is unbelievable how little this hotel tries to cater to its needs. Terrible internet, no iron in the room (or for loan, so each shirt will cost you 3 dollars to get pressed), no ice machine (3 dollars for an ice bag), and NONE of the staff speaks English (or appeared to try if they did). The decor has probably remained since 1990 intact, but it is kept somewhat clean. All and all, unless you plan to walk to your place of business (it is well located), evading the infamous Sao Paulo traffic, look elsewhere for better value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ittlepleasures
Transamérica G, Gerente at Travel Inn The World, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Sir,
The Transamerica Hospitality Group welcomes your comments, and they are very important to us, so we can identify what pleases most or not in our services and consequently work on improvements.
We’re sorry we have not corresponded to your needs and expectations, or with the requirement of some items as with most hotels in the same category in the region.
We are currently undergoing a retrofit process, which includes expanding our connectivity and internet speed, and also replacing our decoration.
I any case, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again so you will be able to enjoy our improvements. Feel free to count on us always!

Relationship - Transamerica Hospitality Group
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

The room has a small lounge, kitchenette, bathroom and bedroom. The hotel is in need of a renovation to take it out of the 90's. Good location for the financial district, but not sure the price aligns with other hotels on a global level. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Limited places to eat, especially if you have a late arrival.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Travel Inn The World, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Sir,
The Transamérica Hospitality Group would like to thank you for your comments and observations, as we understand it to be a gesture of confidence in us to improve our facilities. We are glad to know that you found our staff very friendly and helpful, as well as being pleased with our location. We hope to see you soon, also in other hotels of our chain, and that each stay is better than the last.
You can always count on our services!

Customer Relations – Transamérica Hospitality Group
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel is ok and the room is fine. You only have a problem with the bathroom since most of the rooms are facing a business building and the bathroom does not have a curtain. So be careful while taking a shower or you will end up with pictures of you on the internet. You can always sue the hotel if that happens.

The location is very good, it's close to Vila Olimpia Shopping Mall and the hotel provides free transport in an area up to 5 km near the hotel.

The price is very high; you can probably find cheaper hotels in São Paulo with the same quality.

Room Tip: Take the free transport provided by the hotel for you to go to the nearest train station. From ther...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Transamérica G, Gerente at Travel Inn The World, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
"Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comments. We are glad to
know that our location pleases you. We would like to thank you for your observations which will help us to improve our services. We hope to welcome you here again.

Cayman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Positives:
• Good location, near a shopping centre and many restaurants in the surrounding streets
• Comfortable bed
• Gym ok, although a bit dated

Negatives
• Badly needs an upgrade, décor from the mid 1990’s
• No iron available, hence I had to attend meetings with wrinkled shirts
• Staff not overly helpful
• Jacuzzi out of action.
• No coffee making facilitates in the room.
• As stated on the back of the room service menu, if it goes missing they will charge you a “tax”

Overall
Do not book this hotel if your expecting a business standard hotel, it is clearly not. The standard is similar to a cheap 2 star hotel. I would avoid if possible.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pughma
"Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We see your feedback as a sign of your trust that we will improve our products and services. We are sorry for not having met your expectations, however we would like you to know that we are always striving to improve and meet the expectations of our clients. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again or in another of our hotels, which are located throughout Brazil.

Transamérica Prime The World "
Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

The hotel is, on average, a good place to stay. Clean, near from good places, basic breakfast.
The bad thing is that my 3G connection is way faster than the "high speed" internet connection provided (paid).

Room Tip: Get your own internet access. The hotel internet is terrible. R$ 12 for a day and it's very very...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
"Dear Mr. Leopoldo,
Thank you for your comments. They enable us
to make continuous changes in order to meet the
needs of our clients. We are pleased to know that
we have met all of your needs with the
exception of the case mentioned. Thank you
for staying with us and we hope to see you again
soon.

Guelph, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, while on a business trip, and neither chose it or had to pay for it - which was good, because I would have felt really bad if I had. I arrived in the evening, so my first impression, of the lobby, was pretty good - as somehow I expected a small and outdated hotel. The lobby is large, spacious, and airy - quite a contrast to the room, which is rather small. The room - a suite - is divided by many doors into four parts: living room/kitchenette, bedroom, tiny hallway, bathroom. The shape of the whole thing is somehow triangular which makes it very awkward - I honestly don't know how more than 1 person can stay there comfortably. The wardrobe was in the bedroom, but there was no way I could unpack directly there - there was no room for a suitcase. Wireless internet did not work, but there was a cable one which did. In order to plug in my laptop, I had to dive under a (triangular) table and search for an outlet. In order to have my iPhone charged at night, I had to unplug something somewhere else. Surely in this day and age, even a powerbar put on the desk for the convenience of a traveller is not such an outlandish idea? I looked for an iron in vain, neither was there a laundry bag that I might use for ironing request - and I was too tired to call the front desk. Bathroom toiletries included soap, shampoo and conditioner, but no body lotion. However, the final disappointment came when I wanted to make myself a cup of tea. I knew it would be a suite, so I had been looking forward to this. There was a microwave, and a stove top with two burners. There were cups, glasses and plates. No pots, no pans, no kettle, no tea, no coffee. The air conditioner was very noisy and seemed to blow the cool air into the ceiling. On the second night I had to work for several hours, and neither the chair nor the desk were really comfortable - I honestly don't think this is good enough for the "business traveler". My flight was leaving in the evening so my hosts requested a late checkout for me - I believe they had to pay an extra half-day for this.
There were some good or at least acceptable points. The bed was comfortable. The TV was placed in the "living room" area, which made it totally impossible to watch from the bed - a good thing in my view! The staff at the front desk was polite and helpful, and spoke good English. Breakfast was acceptable.
However, when I saw the room rate posted in my room, I was rather shocked.
The hotel is within a 10 min walk to a shopping centre, Vila Olimpia. I recommend - if only for sightseeing or a quick snack.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mzj101
"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments regarding your
experience with us. We apologize that our hotel did
not meet your needs and expectations. Our
facilities are compatible with other hotels of
the same category, however it is very important
for us to receive your opinion as one
of our clients regarding the services offered.
We are continuously working on improvements
to meet the needs of our clients and we look
forward to receiving you once again in our hotel.