1,061 results
All reviewsprovide shuttle servicehotel staff issmall kitchenspeak englishyogurtcomfortable roomssubway stationavenida paulistamicrowavepaulogymvilaconvenienceuber
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This a well located hotel. The breakfast has several options. The room are larger than the typical hotel room. On the same block there is a supermarket, a bakery and several restaurants and bars. The nearest airport is Congonhas (about USD 20 by taxi).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Odarci
Pinheiros, Gerente geral at Mercure Sao Paulo Pinheiros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to know you had such a good experience with us. It is our hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you even better in the near future.

Rosilene Weisshaupt

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The only reason this hotel is remotely bearable is because it's in a good area, Pinheiros. My room was old, stale and consisted of two small twin beds which I pushed together. The air conditioning is terrible and makes an awful lot of noise for something that doesn't work properly. On my first day after arriving on a early flight I ordered room service - simple cheese and ham sandwich. After an hour it hadn't arrived which meant I had to leave for an afternoon of meetings without lunch. I requested an iron, simple request in any city, to merely run over my shirt after being packed in a case. The hotel only has one.... a dirty, rusty piece of equipment from a bygone era that you have to sign a disclaimer (no idea why someone would want to steal it...) to use for an hour. While ironing, the shameful piece of equipment spat rusty brown 'water' on my white shirt which meant I couldn't use it. In the 21st century an iron is a simple request and a necessity for anyone travelling for work.

The safe in my room also gave up locking my currency, passport, laptop etc inside. A maintenance man came and took it apart with a screwdriver to save my belongings. It was not tested or fixed after that and continued not to work. Only one lift was working in a hotel of 15 floors. Rather frustrating. The room service, when it actually arrives, is bland and horrifically over priced. There's probably a reason while, even at the weekend, no one eats in the 'restaurant'.

Some of the staff are very friendly but the majority of them stand around looking like they'd rather be anywhere else in the world and I wouldn't blame them. When I came to check out my bill included around 7 alcoholic beverages from the mini bar and a range of snacks which I never had. At that point I probably would have been happy to pay for them if they could have been brought to me there and then to drink.

I travel a lot for work, as do a lot of colleagues and I will be making a point of telling them to avoid this hotel. It only served to provide a sweaty roof over my head and add extra stress to an already busy work trip. I wouldn't care so much if it was particularly cheap, but it's not. There's no excuse. It's sheer laziness. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank James M
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Well placed hotel near many attractions. Staff very friendly and helpful, a great source of information (and help with adapter for plugs!!). Breakfast and evening meals served a vast arrangement of fresh and well served food. Rooms clean and modern. I had an issue with internet billing which was sorted out and fully refunded. Excellent all round hotel which I could not recommend enough.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank shepherd97

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hotel Mercure São Paulo Pinheiros. I will pass along your comments to all of our staff, everyone will be thrilled to know you had such a good experience. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards,

Rosilene Weisshaupt

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Check-in and out reception service is good and Rooms are OK but Restaurant is very un-satisfactory : Un-pleasant service and un-tasty food ! I had to leave the place before ordering as I had been seated in a corner by a 30 people super noisy table...
On the menu you have fish but no idea of what kind of... and everything is very expensive !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank x3xParis_France
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stay the weekend before a business trip to Sao Paulo, and I got recommended the hotel, is located in a quite neighborhood, you can walk to ave. Paulista from the hotel (10 minutes), safe place to walk and many bars around The apparment is renovated, spacious, and cleaned.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo