1,507 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Hair all over the desk and bathroom floors. Bathroom tiles worn/moldy. Needed an iron and was asked to wait 3 hours. Breakfast buffet was okay. This hotel is not what it once was ... 10 years ago this was a great option for the area; however, the quality is not the same and it has suffered from lack of maintenance. The presence of signs everywhere about “securing your belongings” (rooms, elevators) does not help.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Alexandre N, General Manager at Blue Tree Premium Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Mr. luis_turrialba,
First of all I would like to thank you for the feedback after your stay. The Blue Tree Premium Morumbi is in the process of constant evolution and we try to always offer the best for our guests.
We are already arranging the purchase of more ironing irons.
We're sorry that we did not meet your expectations and expect to have a second chance for reevaluation.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

This hotel is located directly across from Morumbi shopping and is convenient for restaurants in the mall. The lobby is clean and staff was friendly. The restaurant is on the second floor and was convenient for me with the dinner and breakfast. Food was hot, fresh and good. Now for the room.....It was a large room with two twin beds which was clean. My view was of the Morumbi shopping. The bathroom was very, very small. Walk-in shower, which some said they had problems with the water temperature; I did not experience this. The bathroom was very outdated. The mirror was worn as were the tiles. Compared to the lobby this decor did not match throughout the hotel. The pool is tiny! I didn't see anyone using it and it appeared not many made their way to the rooftop to use this. If given the opportunity to return to Sao Paulo, I will not stay here. I'd rather find a Sheraton, Hilton or Hyatt.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Dear Mrs. Heather S,
First of all I would like to thank you for the feedback after your stay. The Blue TreePremium Morumbi is in constant evolution and we try to always offer the best for our guests.
At this moment we are in the process of revitalizing our apartments which will resolve these points brought.
We regret that we have not met your expectations and expect to have a second
opportunity for reassessment.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Location. That is the strongest factor of this Hotel. The Hotel is quality is good, the rooms are spacious but they don`t have iron. So, if you are in a business travel like I was, you must use the laundry service and I did not appreciated that.

Room Tip: Bring your own Iron if you need it and want to save with Laundry.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Alexandre N, General Manager at Blue Tree Premium Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Dear Mr. João Manoel D,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are happy to receive this feedback regarding the location and space of the apartment. As for the iron, we have it on request. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Shower temperature fluctuated, and as shower too small (and with door opening inwards) to avoid water, this was uncomfortable/dangerous.
Temperatures outside went down to 12'C, and the air conditioning had no heating.
I asked Reception to send a blanket, but it never came.
Safe stopped working part way through my stay.
Reception said they would send somebody to fix it, but after an hour they had not come, so I went to bed.

Swimming pool is pathetically small - what a waste of money putting it up there.
Gym equipment too close together.
Two treadmills stuttering, which is rather dangerous at speed.

This was booked by my client.
If on my own I would either pay more for the Hyatt, or possibly even try the superior of the Ibis next door.

Good location opposite (expensive) shopping malls, but at least that provides plenty of dining options in evenings and at weekends.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Alexandre N, General Manager at Blue Tree Premium Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear Mr. zsalyar,

Thank you for reporting your experience at our hotel. It is crucial for us to investigate the facts and review our operation. We will evaluate the items you point to our infrastructure improvement plan.
We hope we can get back to you, in the near future, to demonstrate these improvements.

Reviewed July 1, 2017

Let me say first of all that this was my first visit to Brazil and the people are lovely. I felt very welcomed by those I met, though service industries (taxi; airport; hotel) can be - as in most countries - a bit grumpy.

I stayed at the Blue Tree Premium Morumbi for six nights in June 2017.

I was speaking at a conference and the accommodation had been provided for me. Before I go to such conferences, I always look at the hotel website and Tripadvisor and I was slightly concerned when I read reviews before I went.

I was not to be disappointed by the accuracy of the reviews, but I was to be rather disappointed by the hotel.

I travel many times each year on business and this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, through over 40 countries. You can check previous entries to see that I rarely have negative comments, but I do try to be very objective.

To start with, the rooms look like they haven't been refurbished in 25 years - we are back to the 70s/80s for decor. It’s isolated American 2-story motel style, like you see in movies. Whilst the bed and linen were clean, everything is old. The pillows are thin, unsupportive and bizarrely 2/3 size of normal pillows; the bathrooms are battered and old. There is poor seals on tiles and the shower doors are glass without any stops, so rather unnervingly simply crashes against the fixed glass as you get out. The toilets are engineered so that the seat does not stay up when required. The showers are not thermostatically controlled, so once in a while you get a rush of very hot water which is not only unnerving and uncomfortable, it is potentially dangerous.

There was no indication whether the water was drinkable, so I had to buy and use use bottled water to be on the safe side. In general the room was old and many years past the need for refurbishment.

The room I had, would be described as a small suite (with sofa and slightly separate area from the bed) and the desk in the room had no light on or over it whatsoever, making reading very difficult when you had work to do. Wifi was not blistering, but just about adequate, though uploading took a very long time for larger files.

The windows in the room were heavy, had poor restraints and so could open wide enough to be unsafe. The bedside lights were positioned in what I thought initially was jaunty and fashionable angle, but it was because the shades do to ft and are simply lodged over the top of the bulb. Only one side of the bed had a bedside table, although the other side had obviously had one at some stage for there was a mark on the bed head showing it’s previous positioning.

In the rooms, there is no facility to make hot drinks as in most middle-standard hotels upwards, nor are there any free hot drinks anywhere in the hotel, as is sometimes the alternative offer. You can buy them at the bar downstairs by reception, but much of the time it has no-one present there, so it even harder to obtain any form of hot drink. I never saw any shower gel in the bathroom for the six nights I was there. South/East facing rooms have an apartment block being built behind them. Some of the work seems to start at 5.30am (not a fault of the hotel, by the way). Some of my colleagues complained of bad smelling rooms. My clothes felt damp all the time.

They do have free dental floss in the public restrooms though, which is a first.
Residents may well spend a lot of time in the huge Morumbi shopping centre across the road if not to get their drinks and food, but to get some relief from the inadequate facilities provided by this hotel and the depressing rooms. I appreciate that this is in Brasil, but the only English TV station is BBC World.

I never got the hang of the lifts (elevators), some required a card before you could press your button; some did not require a card at all and another, did not seem to recognise your room card at all and the floor that you pressed. Eventually, I realised that I needed to hold the button with the floor light on and hope that it might get me to the floor I wanted. Going down from my room floor was always OK!

Pictures of the pool represented on the website are very misleading, I think it would probably be 5m x 3m (average) for the outside one and the inside 7m x 3m (average). None of which was very appealing, so, I didn’t actually test the water.

The restaurant was extremely basic and whilst none of the food seemed inedible, it was bland, boring and quite often hot food was not hot at all. They only - as far as I could tell - provided a buffet, always with beans.

Such was the poor food offering, that many of the people on the conference, despite having their dinners paid for, went outside and paid for themselves. On feedback forms, despite there being no space for comments on the hotel, 25% made significantly negative comments about standards they experienced, some mentioning bad smells and loud noise in their rooms. I haven’t come across that level of dissent before.

If the Blue Tree Premium Morumbi would like to compete with other hotels in the area going forward (there is an Ibis and Ibis Budget right behind), it needs a significant investment and revamp to move it from the inadequacy and disappointments that visitors will often face as it stands.

I should add that the facilities provided for the conference were very good and the office staff in the business centre were extremely helpful (well done Ingrid!).

That said there is no specific business area for people to work and consequently, the disappointments of the room, space, and lighting make it a poor hotel for business users or indeed anyone wanting a decent level of room accommodation and food to choose.

Room Tip: South/East has an apartment block being built, with early starts. Don't know about other aspects.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Alexandre N, General Manager at Blue Tree Premium Morumbi, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Dear Mr. Martin H,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us these facts. We treat very seriously the points brought by our guests, after all, they are the reason why we exist. We regret that you left with a negative impression of Blue Tree Premium Morumbi, and we hope to revert it in a new opportunity. You really help us by bringing these notes.