“Central Sao Paulo”

Ranked #29 of 321 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Dublin, Ireland
“Central Sao Paulo”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

A fine hotel, in an excellent location, quite suited to business and the requirements of meetings in this huge and dynamic city. The staff were outstanding with every effort made to welcome and meet any identified needs. Breakfast was well above average, with a good selection of fresh fruits and cooked items. Coffee only average however - why do so many hotels in Brazil just use machines? Rooms were comfortable, but a tad functional and uninspiring. Beds were super! Bathrooms were not impeccable - especially the showers. Wifi only adequate. The rooftop swimming pool was tiny (I kept bragging to my friends that I had done 200 laps...). It would be nice to have a bar on the roof as the view of the city (especially at night) was outstanding. The bar in the lobby was only adequate but with accommodating and friendly service. Hotel is located in agreat neighborhood with some wonderful cafés and restaurants nearby. But security is always a concern. Otherwise, a really good hotel.

Room Tip: High up is fine - but watch out for helicopters!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Blue Tree Premi... F, Services Supervisor at Blue Tree Premium Faria Lima, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
We would like to thank you for filling out our questionnaire.
We consider the satisfaction of our clients our primary goal, and your opinion is essential to the continuous improvement and maintenance of the quality of our service.
Thank you for your opinion and we are looking forward to receive your next visit.
Daniela Onodera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We spent four days in Blue Tree Premium Faria Lima at the beginning of July (7-10) and we found the hotel good, but with some things to be improved. The room was ok, the bathroom is not really for a 4 stars hotel. Also, the windows were not as clean as they should be in such a hotel, in the biggest city of South America.
Breakfast excellent. You can have also a buffet dinner for 60 reals (approx. 30 $). Nice personnel.
The area is safe.
We recommend the hotel because we have seen other 4 stars hotels considered to be ok (in Rio) and they were at the same level.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Yours Truly,
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I gave this hotel 3 stars and not 2 because of the general state of repair of hotels in Sao Paulo. Like most other hotels there, this one is old and tired.

The rooms are large and the service is pretty good. When they say they will do something, they do it and everybody is generally nice.

However... room decor is depressing and hasn't been updated since the 50's it looks like. The elevator is a nightmare and if you need to get to a meeting you should leave 10 minutes earlier to make it down on time. Shower was bad and looked moldy. There is a helipad on the roof and the noise from the choppers makes it impossible to have conference calls from the room. The Internet connection is free but slow. There is a premium option which I did not try out.

All in all, this hotel is average at best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Traveller,
We would like to thank you for filling out the TripAdvisor questionnaire.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Blue Tree Premium at Faria Lima is a great Hotel and I really enjoyed my stay there. The location is excellent, the staff is helpful, the rooms are comfortable with a decent wi-fi signal. Breakfast was also very good, with plenty of different food available.

There are many great restaurants, bars and pubs around so you don't need to take cabs or buses or whatever.

At night, go to the pool, you'll have a very good view from the city, really worth a view and some pictures.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Blue Tree Premi... F, Supervisora de Serviços Exclusivos at Blue Tree Premium Faria Lima, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Felipe,

We would like to thank you for filling out the TripAdvisor website.
It will be a pleasure to share your feedback with our staff members!
Thank you again, we are looking forward to receive your next visit.
Malibu, California
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My stay was good except for this incident. forgot my suite jacked when checked out on Friday. on Sunday morning before my flight back to the US. called them about my jacket. the front desk response.. "not in the system from lost and found" I said. I am sure I left it in the closet. pls check. "sorry the lost and found is closed on the weekend" I said " have flight tonight so I need to have this resolved" Staff says.. "sorry but they are closed" I said.. after I am back in the USA.. it will be more expensive for the hotel to send my Jacket" Staff says.. "No.. you are the one who will pay for sending the jacked" At this point my frustration is starting to rise.. and I say .. I want to talk to the Manager.and someone needs to check the room.. he says.. " the room was checked and sure it is not in the room" I say.. then if you have the item how come it was not registered in lost and found on Friday." no anser.. then wait a minute.. I will have housekeeping check?... All I can say is they found the jacket.. they could not call me back because I have an international number and sent me email to communicate that they found it. Story ends well because I got the jacket .. HOWEVER.. the stress from staff that have not been trained properly to provide solutions is not a first class hotel.

Room Tip: they have a buffet.. but if you want eggs sunny side up... it cost extra... come on!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Traveller,

We would like to thank you for filling out the TripAdvisor Website.
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences regarding your jacket that was lost in the hotel and we would like to inform you that our Front Desk Manager already made a specific training to avoid it to happen once more.
Once again, thank you for your comments and we will be honored with your presence in the future, and than you may check our improvements.
Rosario, Argentina
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is the kind of hotel you need to go on a business trip, is on Faria lima street, close to the important buildings, with great location, at least for my needs, and, that's it!!,

I visit this hotel at least 14 times in a year for the last 2 years, despite that i always try to avoid it, i always end here, because of the location and availability (who knows why)..

The personal, doesn't even care about you, and they take the time to let you know and show it to you, there some exceptions off course, but you are another cow in the slaughterhouse, usually you get the general feeling of " well you are here because you don't have another choice".
never ask for anything it take years to deliver it to you.

The breakfast is almost ok, no variety, and always the same, the menu in the restaurant is small, but "you really need to eat there?, there a lot of options nearby", in case you end up there on a late night, never ask for the fish or sushi - temaki.

The gym is ok with a nice view, has everything you need, and a small pool, is almost good when a choper doesn't land over you, yes that's right, some genius make a helidock on top of the gym or vice versa, and believe me helicopters do land when you are working up, and the noise is incredible, i forget to mention, never go to the gym in winter, you will die frozen, most of the doors don't close.

Room Tip: Never too High.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Blue Tree Premi... F, Services Supervisor at Blue Tree Premium Faria Lima, responded to this review, December 22, 2014
Dear Mr. Roberto,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
I would like to ask the most sincere apologies for not delivering a completely satisfying in your stay.
We took your comments very seriously, and took measures to ensure that situations like those do not repeat once more in our establishment.
I hope to welcome you at the next opportunity to meet your expectations.
Regards,
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I travelled with a friend to go to a wedding in Sao Paulo. We stayed here 4 nights. Room 1711. We had our own balcony. The rate was great. The room was everything we needed - you get access to wifi free for 2 devices per room ( thats rare in Brazil). The mattresses were good quality and good for your back. The comforter was thin but the staff is very nice and brings you extra. The mini bar is not priced bad at all - we used it mostly after waking up after a long night of partying for waters and cokes. The hotel also had a great taxi situation happening. At any given time there were always 1 or 2 taxi's parked right on property.

Used the dry sauna - its perfect if Sauna's are your kind of thing. Also has a heated jacuzzi both indoors and outdoors. The gym is also quite big for the hotel size.

It less than 5 minute taxi to the shopping JK mall - that has everything including a beauty salon where I got my hair done.

The concierge even organized a fixed rate taxi when we left. 120 reales fixed rate during the worst weekend of traffic in history for the last couple of years.

Room Tip: As for rooms inside - farthest from the Faria Lima road. We didn't have a problem but maybe the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank anabellepaulino
Blue Tree Premi... F, Gerente geral at Blue Tree Premium Faria Lima, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Sao Paulo, June 03th, 2014

Dear Ms. Ana,

We would like to thank you for filling out our questionnaire.

It will be a pleasure to share your feedback with our staff members!

Thank you again, we are looking forward to receive your next visit.

Maria Rosa Leroy