“Swanky-Posh-Great Location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Hyderabad, India
“Swanky-Posh-Great Location”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed in this posh swanky hotel in downtown Sao Paolo and was very impressed with the services. The hotel is located in not so far locale from business and shopping areas which made it a great choice. I was staying in the executive floor and my check in was done efficiently and swiftly in the top executive floor reception. I had a particularly high floor and the view all across was magnificent. The room allotted to me was not so great in particular......it was quite tight and not enough room to stretch, but then I was alone and could manage. Internet worked superb and room service was fast and efficient. Amenities provided were of good quality, the bath robes and linens needed some replacement though. Breakfast was mostly on the top floor of the executive lounge and the spread was a modest one......not lavish and served the purpose. The view from the lounge was great and one could catch the entire view of the city. The elevators were not running in proper coordination and therefore I had to enter and exit a few times and switch over to an different one. The lobby bar was quite good though a bit of privacy would have been nice. Reception staff were courteous and efficient. I had a spa treatment and was not very impressed. The ayurvedic treatment I took was finished incomplete.....had it been in any of the Asian countries it would have been a different experience altogether.

I had problems with paying through the corporate card, as it did not seem to go through a few times until the machines had to be rebooted twice. Overall a good hotel, good facilities and worth returning for the next stay.

Room Tip: Choose any room high floor and you will have some view.....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Came back there for New Year's eve. There were a bunch of parties but we stayed there at our room. And had a blast!
We got a club level suite. The room was great, the city view exquisite!
The evening snack and the breakfast were great an what a view from the 23rd floor...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great stay in this hotel over NYE. Stayed in many marriott/renaissance properties and the staff and service in this one has to be one of the best. To add to this the Exec lounge is without doubt the best stocked I have been too - great breakfast (with eggs cooked or order), all day snacks and drinks (including sparking wine) available and then a great cocktail hour each evening. Stayed in a recently renovated corner suite with jacuzzi bath overlooking the city which was worth the additional expense. Hotel is centrally located for business (Paulista Ave) and shopping (Jardins) and couldnt fault it. The outdoot swimming pool is small and only gets the sun in the afternoon but was nice and clear and presentable and an on the same level as the SPA and gym which was well stocked with equipment.
Would definately recommend this hotel and stay again when visiting SP

Room Tip: Ask for room on a high floor and check about the cost of upgrading to include exec lounge when you c...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank peteynewboy
NJ
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights at this hotel at the end of December 2013. Our stay was wonderful from start to finish. The location of this hotel is perfect as it is a block away from Avenue Paulista and a few blocks away from nice shops, great restaurants and cafes. As a gold elite member we had excess to the Club Lounge which is located on the 23rd floor. It offered great food and drinks throughout the day and beautiful views of this interesting yet massive city. The real highlight of this hotel though is the staff. They are all very friendly and are always going above and beyond to accommodate all your needs. During our stay our flight back to US got cancelled and we couldn't have asked for a more smooth process of booking another night at this hotel which allowed us to watch the fireworks at New Year's Eve from our beautiful hotel room#2209. The navigators were very knowledgeable of the local area and have great suggestions no matter what questions you may have. The hotel also offers a full size gym which we used during our stay. A small size pool with hot tub and sauna located at SPA level which came very handy as the temperatures are very high at this time of the year.
We are already planning our next trip back to Brazil in 2014 and if we happen to spend some time in Sao Paulo again this will definitely be the property will be staying in.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing Avenue Paulista.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Rooms have been upgraded but now look very basic. The rooms here used to have a luxurious feel, not any more! This hotel does not target it's TV entertainment to international customers, out of 46 tv channels only 4 are English speaking ones, out of the 4 three are news and one is a sports channel, all the rest are mainly Brazilian and four are in other languages. I have complained to the hotel about this over the last few years but they are just not interested in what their customers want! Very poor.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your impression regarding your recent stay at the Renaissance São Paulo Hotel.
Thank you also for letting us know your opinion about our channels selection, we take all feedback very seriously and I can assure all your comments will be taken in consideration.
Your satisfaction is our main concern, please let me know when your plans bring you back to São Paulo, I would love to take care of details of your reservation to make your stay a memorable one!
Best regards,
Vanessa Martins I Director of Operations
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Americans accustomed to hotels in the United States will appreciate the comfort of the Renaissance Hotel as well as the location - just a few blocks from Avenida Paulista and the beautiful Jardins District. The rooms are well appointed and provide ample space. The higher rooms also provide amazing vistas to view Sao Paulo – one of the largest cities in the world.

The property offers a lot more than just a convenient and comfortable room. The hotel gym is large and has helpful staff as does the pool and spa and there are several restaurants and bars for you visit should you not want to leave the property.

There happens to be a Starbucks just a block away, but I would encourage you to visit the gay-friendly cafe next door, Fran’s Cafe, which also provides a great option for a quick breakfast or lunch if you are on the go. If you will need the Metro, the hotel is just a couple of blocks from the Consolação metro station.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I flew here on business, I arrived at the hotel and the greeting was good, they brought me freshly squeezed lemonade to my room which was refreshing.

I changed and went down to the pool however all the seats were taken so I couldn't sit outside. I went and had some lunch but the sandwich which was promised didn't quite meet the standard expecting of shown.

I then had room service delivered and the porter hung around for quite a while wanting a tip which i then decided her didn't deserve. the steak was over cooked and my drink had been spilt into my dinner.

On the plus side the room was nice and had beautiful views of the mourning ranges behind Sao Paulo.

The second day it rained and the hotel did provide umbrellas which was nice but I guess expected, overall the hotel was just not quite as impressive as it had been made out on the website.

On a plus the breakfast was great and the chef made my eggs exactly as i asked, and then remembered each day so I didn't have to go and ask he would just have the delivered to my table when I arrived.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review!
Your comments are a valuable tool for us in order to continue our search for excellence.
We were very happy to receive your kind words about the room, as well as your comments about the breakfast services and product.
It appears we failed to meet your expectations regarding the food ordered and for that I am sorry. I have shared your feedback with our cooking team.
When your travel plans bring you again to São Paulo, let us know. I would love to be able to personally take care of all details of your reservation.
Vanessa Martins | Director of Operations