“Obrigado”

Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel
Ranked #7 of 326 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed at Renaissance Sao Paulo last week while on business. Hotel has everything. Great central location. Stayed in a suite with incredible views of the city. Jacuzzi bath was a welcome surprise after night flight from US. Beds extremely comfortable. Nice that the windows open to let some fresh air into room. Daily spread on conceirge level is outstanding. Gym is huge with all necessary equipment. Starbucks right across the street also convenient for morning capuccino. Very friendly staff. Hotel arranged a tour guide to take me around the city for 3-ours by car, guide was extemely knowledgable. Only drawback was I ordered a car to take me to the airport for a midnight flight back to US, but when I arrived for check-out the car hadn't been ordered. Front desk arranged for a taxi at the Hotels expense. Nice recovery! I'll be back next quarter.

Room Tip: Stay in room 1508.
1  Thank Tiso99

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Five nights on business in São Paulo. Renaissance was recommended, and after 24 hrs travel, I was glad to arrive, and get to my room.

I had requested a club level room, but this was not available. The first room I was in was on the 8th floor, faced to the rear with no view, and had very loud a/c. But I was dog-tired. And I did sleep...at least until 3am. Then, I found the a/c noise very disturbing. I could turn it off, but then the room was too hot! So, first thing next morning I requested a change, which was courteously arranged. To the 17th, facing the front. The a/c was slightly quieter, and I slept better for the next four nights.

The hotel services are expensive, and some, such as Internet, can't be avoided. Beware the 1L bottle of water in the bathroom. It will cost you $12 if consumed!

Once on the 17th, I found the lift service very, very slow. Plus, my card key kept becoming inactive/demagnetized, necessitating return visits to reception. A few oddments appeared on my bill, which were removed when I queried them. I also had some laundry done, because I'm a carry on traveller where possible. Again, expensive!

I did feel safe there. Plenty of security staff, and the lift security restricts all guests to their floor. But, if I return, I'll try somewhere else!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed here as part of a group. Everything excellent. Did not try food other than breakfast which could not fault. Even got take away coffees when had to leave in rush for bus. Support from whole staff when crisis arose second to none. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Anne,
Thank you for the kind comments and for choosing the Renaissance Sao Paulo to host you and your group. It is great to learn that our team offered all the support you needed and that they had a positive impact on your trip. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us and recommend our hotel to other travelers. We look forward to welcoming you again!
Gil Zanchi I General Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2013

About 10 days prior, we had the privilege of staying at the Grand Hyatt in Sao Paulo. Lo and behold, I traveled back and was able to stay at the Renaissance. My expectations were low. Low expectations tend to lead to a great stay.
When we arrived from the airport, the hotel staff had our key packets ready for us and we were off and running. We got stuck at the elevators as they are very slow at this property. Probably the biggest problem of the stay. You need to use your room key to access your floor. This is a great safety feature which helps to keep the riff raff out of the room areas. The key reader doesn't work so well and it takes multiple times to get your floor to pop up. Sadly, the reader is in an awkward spot and in order to push your key in, you completely block the whole door. Some people more than others (not the sharpest folks). Obviously first world problems, but stuff that bums you out over time.
Once I got up to my floor (12th), I exited the elevator and had a pretty strong smell of stinky feet in the hallway. This gave me cause for concern. I ended up with a corner room and was very happy once I opened my door.
My room was very large and well laid out. It had a large desk area that was perfect for what I needed to get done. I really liked the layout.
The bathroom was pretty grande and had a perfect bathtub in it. I soaked my weary bones on many occasions. Pretty much perfect. The shower was great as well. My only complaint on the bathroom area was that the toilet seemed to leak water and you could hear it in the bed. I never called down with this complaint (sorry Renaissance, room 1219). I closed the door during sleepy time to cut down on the sound of the drip, drip, drip. The only downside to this is when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, I occasionally walk right into the door. Once again, first world problems.
The bed was super great. Very comfortable. Large. Nice linens, great pillows.
The blackout curtains worked very well. They knocked out about 95% of the light coming in. Much better than most.
The TV was great as well. Good picture and lots of channels that were good for me (read English speaking).
The internet was completely serviceable. Not the fastest ever, but rarely problematic.
We had breakfast included with our rate and I took advantage of it each morning. I never had a bad experience and was happy with everything that I tried. On our last morning, I ordered 2 eggs over easy, and they were cooked perfectly by the chef. He was extremely nice and spoke perfect English. I also ordered ice up to my room a few times and the room service folks were very efficient and friendly. A+ for the food and beverage department.
Also, the room was littered with completely useful stuff all around. There were power adaptors everywhere you looked which is a great touch. Also, there was a 110V transformer sitting in the closet that I used the whole stay. How awesome is that?
I went down to the pool to enjoy a few hours of relaxation. It was fairly busy and the water was too cold for me.
The location is pretty great. Super middle class. Tons of stuff to walk around and see. Lots of restaurants. Strength in numbers.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Only problems were the slow elevators and my room was never serviced. Not a problem, housekeeping brought me up clean towels. I rose above. Also, there was one lamp in the room sitting all by itself. I couldn't get it to turn on. I went into troubleshooting 101 and found out that it wasn't plugged in. Actually, where it sat in the room, there was no power outlet whatsoever. I guess it was part of the feng shui.
Super great hotel. Enjoy it!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for choosing the Renaissance! It was a pleasure to read that our room, facilities, quality of food and beverage and service provided by our team deserved such great comments from you! I apologize for the inconvenience with the lamp in your room, it has been properly fixed. Your comments regarding the key card reader in the elevator will be shared with our engineering department, and we will continue to look for a better solution to that. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again at the Renaissance!
Vanessa Martins I Director of Operations

Reviewed November 11, 2013

A hotel of this quality (and cost) should not have its "system" down. Check in took 20 minutes because they had to do it manually. I did not get the upgraded room I was entitled to get as a Marriott Rewards Gold Elite Member. I did get access to the Club Lounge (which is the hotel's only redeeming value). The service at the Club Lounge is good as opposed to the service at the lobby. The staff is detached and not friendly at the lobby. The beds are comfortable and the towels are plush. The hotel is well located for shopping and dining. The driveway is too small and the reception rooms are all in the basement but there is no elevator so this is a bit awkward if you are staying at the hotel as you have to take the escalators down. To top things off, upon leaving they did not have the "system" so I have yet to see my final folio. Somehow the "system" was working for them to have my credit card data, but it was not working for them to give me my statement. The walls in the rooms are not soundproof so you hear everything that goes on in the hall and next door rooms.

Room Tip: Pray for one
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Absolutely awful. Allocated a room right next to the lifts and in front of the Housekeeping access door. Arrived at 10:30 am after a night flight and needed a sleep.

Kept awake constantly by housekeeping staff yabbering in the corridor outside, shouting into their radios and the sound of the lifts chiming every 20-30 seconds.

Phoned reception, asked to be moved. Promised a call back. Nothing. Two hours passed. Called again. Told hotel was full and would I like a cup of tea on the house. I kid you not.

Apparently, Hotel full and no chance to be moved. Offered ear plugs and Internet.

10pm tonight, staff (3 of them) holding open lift doors and almost shouting at each other to communicate. Offered another apology as I confronted them to keep the noise down.

I will not be choosing to stay here again. Appalling.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank colinmh23
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just stayed there for 4 nights Oct 19-23, 2013 on business. I was impressed with the great customer service at this hotel and felt very safe in both the hotel and surrounding neighborhood. There is some great shopping nearby and a big Starbucks right across the street. The price was a little expensive but the room was comfortable, the view terrific and I never heard a sound outside the room at night. I am an elite gold member for Marriott so I did have access to the club. I will say this club has the most amazing view of Sao Paulo of any club I have ever seen. Great hotel and I would recoemmend it to colleagues and friends.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better. The views are amazing on the higher floors
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business