“Not good needs work!”

Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel
Ranked #8 of 327 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Lousy check-in service under resourced and a foyer with the atmosphere of a bus station. Swimming pool only opens at 8am rendering pre breakfast swim impossible. Hotel has no flexibility on pool hours. Lifts need to be replaced. Air conditioning in room had to be repaired twice. On arrival it sounded like a jack hammer. Staff were courteous and prompt in attending to repair. A splendid hotel that needs a great deal spent on it! Staff by and large helpful and pleasant.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 69Armstrong
Write a ReviewReviews (2,104)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

My first time staying downtown Sao Paulo, and it was a great experience, thanks to the Renaissance Hotel team! Great location, all you need to enjoy life around the hotel at walking distance. A top hotel, functional, clean and enjoyable rooms as we like them, a great lobby & lobby-bar that invites you to hang around, have a drink & connect with people, the really excellent sushi bar (try the 19 piece sashimi!), the pool and sauna and all the rest. But most of all the pleasure to stay at the Renaissance was really due to the great staff, friendly & professional, helpful and attentive; from the check-in desk to the lobby-bar, from the restaurant or the bell man and the guys at the entry door. Kuddos to Ruana in the lobby for her smile and kind attention to my spouse and me and many thanks to the concierge who helped us out several times finding places, transportation and getting around. The Renaissance team and management deserves the success they undoubtedly have running this place!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear guest, thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at the Renaissance. With our location in the “Jardins” neighborhood, we strive to be your local navigator and help our guests find the best local sights and spots, so they can “Live Life to Discover”! We are glad to hear you were able to do just that with a little help from us! I have shared your comments with our entire team, including Ruana in the lobby and the concierge (or as we call them here, our “navigators”). We look forward to welcoming you again. Gil Zanchi I General Manager

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I love to stay in this area of Sao Paulo and normally enjoy staying at the Emiliano, but at 1/4 the price and a similar location I decided to give the Renaissance a try. I was very happy with the hotel--nothing was exceptional, but nothing was terrible either. I stayed on the 'club floor' which included a good breakfast and cocktails in the evening. The staff of the hotel was friendly and extremely helpful, making reservations, booking cars, and even preparing some sushi an hour after the sushi bar had officially closed.
The hotel is large and seems like it's gone through a few renaissances and maybe is due for another--there were adds in the elevator for smartly refurbished rooms. Next time I'll request one of these.

Although I wouldn't call it a destination hotel, its much better than an average business hotel and represents fantastic value for this city and this part of the city. I'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are happy to hear that you decided to try the Renaissance in one of your recent trips to Sao Paulo and that your stay was enjoyable! As you noticed on the elevator posters, we have recently renovated our deluxe guestrooms and would love to hear your feedback on them. Please let me know your future travel plans should they include a return visit to Sao Paulo, as I would enjoy personally handling your reservation. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Vanessa Martins I Director of Operations

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been coming to the hotel for work for several years. what always strikes my is the general natural good nature. I realise that there is a warmth in the Brazilian character however effortless hospitality encapsulated here is wonderful.

Big gym, not for me but very well equipped. Pool fine for a dip but forget lengths.

Breakfast buffet was excellent poached eggs to order and a huge amount of choice. Nothing is too much trouble.

The staff are what makes this decent hotel a great place to stay.

1  Thank jonboybarcelona

Dear Jon,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is fantastic to know that you were so impressed with our team! Thank you for posting your great review and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Gil Zanchi I General Manager

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I am pleased to find this hotel, good value for Brazil. Excellent facilities, good rooms, good location and excellent Sushi.
For business this is perfectly located.
Brazil is very expensive, but this hotel is worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear guest, thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I will share your kind words with the team and especially with our sushi chefs, Paulo Uehara and Nilson. We look forward to serving you in the near future.
Gil Zanchi I General Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Surprised at cost of room. Nice, but very expensive. Big hotel with only 3 elevators working and spent a lot of time waiting for them! Thankfully they have super helpful staff there. They helped not only plan our time in São Paulo, but also brazil.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear guest, I am pleased to inform that the inconvenience with the elevators experienced during your stay has been fixed, and all elevators have been operating normally since. Thank you again for affording us an opportunity to respond and thank you for your kind comments about our staff and recently renovated rooms!
Julio Morassi I Director of Engineering

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Good hotel with nice rooms. Good beds and everything is ok. The breakfast is excellent and offers everything you want. Bar downstairs is also very nice. All in All a good hotel in a good location.

Only small remark is the elevator that keeps you waiting a lot. Everybody need to run they keycard and you can only access your floor. That delaying things a lot.