Well I struck lucky. This my first trip to South America and whilst several colleagues had visited Sao Paulo, I just picked an hotel as close as possible to the office. I chose well. The Pullman was a smart hotel near the Ayrton Senna tunnel and the Park. The staff were absolutely charming and were solicitous, cheerful, and helpful.
The room, whilst not huge, was perfectly comfortable for a one week business trip, and the inclusion of free WiFi was great help. The beds were comfortable, the air conditioning perfectly controllable - and more importantly, quiet. Room service was punctual and the choice of food good.
The only draw-back was that the only English TV channel was CNN - and by the time you have heard the same 4 stories 7000 times in a week, you begin to go stir-crazy. I was glad I had some films on my iPad to break up the evening.
A word about breakfast. Hotels could take a lesson from The Pullman. There was a selection of coffees (to which I became quite addicted), there were huge fruit juice dispensers, there was table of cereals, yoghurts, fruits, meats, and cheeses and another with fried rice, waffles, stir-fried vegetables, bacon, sausage and onions, scrambled eggs, and a chef to make omelettes if you wanted. Absolutely first class.
(I would add that there was spa and a swimming pool, but as I didn't avail myself of either, I can offer no sensible critique)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Pullman São Paulo Ibirapuera, comfort, technology, services... discover a new era for business or leisure travel! An upscale and modern hotel from Accor, located next to Ibirapuera Park, close to the main business and leisure districts of the city. It occupies a strategic location for both - business and leisure - travelers in São Paulo’s most dynamic city. About 3.1 miles (5km) from the domestic airport (Congonhas – CGH), and 15.5 miles (25km) from the international airport (Guarulhos GRU).Apart from leisure, Pullman São Paulo Ibirapuera is introducing a fresh approach to the planning of meetings, conventions, seminars and incentive events. The hotel’s approximately 2000 meters of meeting and function spaces include a spectacular Grand Ballroom, 14 meeting rooms, and a pre-function area, where flexible configurations can be provided for small or big events request.Extensive line up of dining and entertainment facilities are available at the hotel, including the It Restaurant | Bar | Tea Deli, which offers a trendy atmosphere with live cooking shows on a culinary journey. Bunk Lobby Lounge, an interactive and cozy space to chill-out as well as Fit and Spa that offers full range facilities to relax your body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera Hotel Sao Paulo
- Mercure Sao Paulo
- Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera Brazil