“Just what you would expect...”

Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera
Ranked #6 of 327 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A modern, well run hotel, in a convenient part of town. Staff are friendly and efficient, rooms are neat, and big enough, breakfast is good. Only spent one night in town, so can't comment on the experience of Sao Paulo, but being such a huge and outspread city, this may never be possible in a short stay. Traffic can be a nightmare! If you have time, talk a stroll through the Ibirapuera Park...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pjvmunro
Pullmansp, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your visit and this great review about our property - Pullman São Paulo Ibirapuera! It is very nice to read such a positive feedback, especially concerning the friendliness of our teams! Thank you very much for this important recognition.

We do hope to welcome you again very soon. When you come back to São Paulo city (one of the 4th biggest city in the world), do not hesitate to contact our Welcome Desk team in order to receive all the tips from the city.

Best regards,

Pullman São Paulo Ibirapuera

Write a ReviewReviews (1,397)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Pullman is supposed to be the premium Accor brand. I found the quality of accommodation and service to be the lowest of the 3 Accor hotels I stayed in during my visit. The other two being Novotel Center Norte and Novotel Jaragua Conventions.

Nothing was a disaster, but too many things let me down.

The restaurant wouldn't let me order at the front desk of the restaurant for room service. I had too go to my room and use the phone to call in the order.

The wifi was very hit 'n miss.On & Off, fast and slow (Mostly slow). And the wired connection in the room did not work at all.

I found the quality of food in the restaurant to be over priced and of poor quality. One dinner was enough.

Communication in English was better that some of the other hotels I stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BritBoyInFL
Pullmansp, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us; we value all feedback as it always affords us an opportunity to improve, so thank you for all your comments.

We take pride in delivering excellent customer service and we are sorry we were not able to live up to our standard during your stay. It is not often that we hear from guests those types of issues. I will be sure to share them with our teams and managers. Certainly your feedback is valuable to us as we work to improve future experiences, positively!

We do appreciate your business and would like to have you back to the Pullman São Paulo Ibirapuera as our guest again!

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Pullman is a clean and modern hotel. Located in a safe area with nice views of the park. Hotel staff was very friendly and breakfast was good as well.

As others have mention the ironing room downstairs is a drawback. While this is common throughout Brazil it is a hassle if traveling on business. The "pressing room" could have actual ironing board rather than trying to use a counter. Also offering an ironing board and iron to be brought to the room would be a nice option.

They do offer laundry service but its not inexpensive. Otherwise I would give this hotel a very positive review.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share some compliments and feedback as well regarding your recent stay at Pullman São Paulo Ibirapuera. I apologize for the situation you experienced with the iron and ironing board. According this important feedback, we are certainly reviewing our internal processes in order to better personalize our services to all our clients.

I like your comments about our products, about our friendly staff! By the way, we are constantly striving to improve and have recently renovated all our Lobby, Executive floors, convention rooms, etc. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Pullman São paulo Ibirapuera and will pass on your praise to all our team. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Liked:
+ Service: Most hotel employees are willing to help you
+ Cleanliness: Although part of the hotel was experiencing some redesigns, the cleanliness of it was good. The rooms were also daily cleaned.
+ Security: The room has a security box in which you can secure your important documents such like passport, visa, and so on.
+ Food: The breakfast buffet was included in the room rate I got, I have to say it, you have multiple choices: fresh fruit, coffee, milk, pastries, salads, etc.
+ Location: It is close to the building where I had my business meetings, just two blocks away. But you have also other near places: Ibirapuera park and its museums, the Paulista Av., and so on.

Disliked:
- I must be honest, my dislikes are more with the city in general and not the hotel itself.

You must be aware of the city size, it is big and, as in most big cities of LA, it has several security issues. The traffic is horrible, so you must prepare for trips lasting 30 mins. or more for short distances like 1 Km and the like. Another thing, not all places accept debit/credit cards nor USD/Euro cash, my advise: make a cash withdrawal at the airport or a local bank for the local currency (Brazilian Real).

Room Tip: Well, I would ask for those rooms with view to the Ibirapuera park.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and recommendation of our hotel!

We are grateful for your loyalty and want to thank you for sharing your comments for our convenient location, services and products. Our Pullman team pride themselves on providing the highest level of customer service and we are pleased to hear each and every one of them exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again next visit.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was traveling on business on this was one of just a few choices that I had. Thankfully it was a great choice. The staff here speaks very good English and welcomed me when I arrived. They were extremely helpful throughout the stay when I had specific needs and questions.

The hotel is in the final stages of renovations and the rooms were very comfortable. They could use a little more lighting for reading but that was the only slight improvement I would recommend.

The fitness center is well-equiped but was quite warm in the early morning when I generally worked out. However, later in the morning when I tried it one more, it was very comfortable. One of my associates used the spa for a massage and was very pleased. The pool is a little small but still refreshing.

The breakfast buffet was outstanding with fresh cooked omelets and many other selections. I didn't eat lunch/dinner at the restaurant but the prices for room service were very fair. There are several restaurants in the area as well.

I experienced no problems with the internet or the phone service which I used extensively. I never felt unsafe in the area although with IBM across the street they do recommend that you don't walk on the bridge with your computer/laptop bag.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this delightful review! We are honored to receive such praise and are pleased to hear that our hard work and attention to detail has paid off. Thank you for your comments about the welcoming attitudes of our team. (I will be sure to share your great compliments with them directly).

The Pullman São Paulo Ibirapuera was designed to help provide guests with the relaxing comfortable sleep they want and need while traveling away from home. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel, breakfast, SPA, Fitness and room-service! I have also shared your feedback for our food & beverage team and they are very thankful for your comments.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Pullman is Sao Paulo is a nice, safe hotel in a great location. It is very close to the Iburapuera Park and having the opportunity to go to the park for a run in the morning was a very nice experience that is not easy to find in Sao Paulo.

The staff was friendly, well trained and able to speak English just fine. One of the local gentlemen picking us up from the hotel had a bad experience with the valet / parking crew. He was simply picking us up and not blocking traffic, but the valet was trying to force him to pay for parking while he went inside looking for us. This is ridiculous and something management needs to look into. They were even bringing others in (security, etc) to try to force him to move the car. I would expect this from a 2 star or lower hotel, but it is simply unacceptable for a hotel of this caliber.

I had the opportunity to have lunch, breakfast and dinner at the hotel. All of them provided a great experience and good quality food. The breakfast is not complimentary, but it may be included depending on the rate you choose. The overall dinning experience was very pleasant and the food was pretty good.

The room was in good shape. The shower had more than a few black spots (perhaps mold), but it wasn't too bad. On the other hand, this is definitely something management / house keeping can improve on. Not having an iron in the room and not being able to borrow one, was also another drawback.

I arrived a little earlier and the folks at the reception desk told me that I would have to pay half a day to be able to check-in early. Seriously? Many people coming to this hotel are flying internationally and arriving earlier than 3PM.

I understand that if the room is not available I would have to wait, but charging me half a day for that is a bit too much. When I declined, they told me they would give me a room as soon as one became available and offered me a complimentary beverage. That is the way to handle it! You treat your customers well and with respect, they will do the same for you. In my opinion, trying to charge your customers for this is not even worthy it. You will get much more in the long run by offering good customer service and exceeding their expectations.

Overall it was a good experience and I would recommed this hotel. I will certainly be staying there in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Pullmansp, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your stay at Pullman São Paulo Ibirapuera. It is really appreciated. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel well located.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet in our dining room and that the food quality was of a good standard. It is also wonderful to know that you had a perfect dinner time at our “It Restaurant”. Our Chef and his team are really happy by reading those remarks! Thank you very much!

Due to high occupancy the night before the room category that you had booked were all occupied, specially considering “the last minute early check-in request”. But we are delighted to read that you were well looked after and enjoyed the welcome drink with our compliments.

According to your important feedback about iron in the room, we are certainly reviewing our internal processes in order to better personalize our services to all our clients. We remind we offer the regular laundry services (with three options) disposal in its form, and we also present another possibility, offering this service at the special ironing room.

I have shared your constructive and kind notes to all the Pullman team who take great pride in the level of service they provide to our guests. We really appreciate your time in writing this review. And we hope that with your overall experience we will have the contentment of welcoming you back to Pullman São Paulo Ibirapuera very soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel has a good location, good language support. Great breakfast and nice bar and restaurant. The only drawback that I had is that for my wrinkled clothes, I had to go down to the 3rd floor and use permanently installed irons and ironing board. Even when I asked for one to be brought to my room, I was told to use the 3rd floor. For me, this was absurd. It is a higher end hotel and so you pay more per room but can't get an ironing board and iron.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this evaluation. We seriously appreciate your comments! It was our pleasure to take care of you in our breakfast buffet, bar and restaurants. We are delighted that you were well looked after. Here at Pullman São Paulo Ibirapuera we pride ourselves on our very high level of service and we are thrilled that you felt your welcome was warm and friendly!

We do apologize about your experience at the hotel ironing room. In fact this is another possibility we found to offer this service to our guests’ convenience. However, according to your important feedback, we are certainly reviewing our internal processes in order to better personalize our services to all our clients. We remind we also offer the regular laundry services (with three options) disposal in its form.

Once again we very much appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us on a future visit to São Paulo.

Warm regards,