“Very good!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Very good!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is very well located, with good restaurants, bookstore, pharmacy, taxi, ice cream, all around. The service is very good, the rooms are clean and comfortable. You will have a fitness room and a small pool, but the pool there is no sun. The neighborhood is very nice and the city of São Paulo offers many dining options, museums and parks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible, to remain silent during sleep.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sanelcosta
SAOSB, Gerente de recepção at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Sanelcosta,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us.

Our team is glad to hear you enjoyed our service and rooms.

Itaim Bibi is a really nice neighborhood and you can find almost everything you need at Brascan Open Mall, where the hotel is located.

We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Staybridge Suites Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed December 19, 2012

When I lived in Sao Paulo, I always found it difficult to recommend a hotel in Itaim. Apart from the Unique (which is pushing the boundaries of the neighborhood), there were several acceptable options but nothing really stood out. I have since moved away but when I recently returned for a business trip, I tried out the Staybridge Suites as it is very conveniently located for meetings and can be had for a pretty competitive price.
The best part of the hotel by far was access to the adjacent gym where you could take classes (in Portuguese) and use their equipment. The room itself was standard, but pretty modern and comfortable enough. Breakfast was fine but not superlative. The only trouble I had came during check in when I was originally told there were no non-smoking rooms available. However, the receptionist was quite sweet and after a few minutes was able to change some things around and accommodate me (I am quite sensitive to smoke, so it would have been a big problem otherwise).

Room Tip: Be sure to specify non-smoking many times during the reservation process
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank venustar82
SAOSB, Manager at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear venustar82,

Thank you for your review about our hotel.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location and fitness center.

Regarding your preferences, we always try to accomodate our guests needs so we are working on turning more rooms to non-smoking!

Once again thank you for your review and hope to see you back at Staybridge Suites São Paulo soon!

Cordially,

Colnbrook
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The hotel is siuated in Rua Bandeira Paulista, which is nice area.
It is within walking distance of many many restaurants, grocery shopping stores and a cinema.
The hotel staff are polite and courteous and I found they all spoke a very good level of English.
The hotel room was a large size with a desk, kitchenette, sofa, the bed was in a separated area and it is air conditioned.
My room was very clean and had a homely feel (that's something that I always find appealing). There is an area to hang many clothes, but no cupboards or draws. Each room has an iron and board, also the room has a safe.
The bathroom is quite small and has a shower, but no bath.
The bed is comfortable and I found that I did get a good night sleep.
From the hotel you can hear and occasionally see helicopters whizzing around - sometimes they can sound very very loud, but I did not hear any at night time.
There is a restaurant opposite the lobby that serves breakfast, which is a little basic but adequate. Overall I had a good stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: I can't recommend a good room, but I would strongly suggest - to give yourself an absolute minim...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank T_Virdee
SAOSB, Gerente de recepção at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear T_Virdee,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel.

We feel very happy to know that you enjoyed the services provided by our Front Office staff.

We are also glad that you enjoyed our accommodations, our location and that you felt like home. This is so important to our team!

Once again thank you for your review and we hope you to have you as our guest soon.

Regards,

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Clean, Modern, Maintained. Reception stuff were more than helpful. Example: Advised me as to the nearest store for buying local sandals for my wife and daughter. Approved a slightly later check-out.
I had the smallest type of room / suite and it was really nice, with a very comfortable working-desk area. There are many fast-food options outside the hotel and other resturants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Hadar S
SAOSB, Gerente de recepção at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Hadar S,

Thank you for your review about Staybridge Suites São Paulo!

Our team is really happy to know you enjoyed the hotel and our services. It is our goal to put all possible efforts to exceed our guests' expectations.

Besides all the good places around the hotel, at Brascan Open Mall we also have many restaurants choices!

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,

Staybridge Suites São Paulo Team
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This has become my favorite hotel in Sao Paolo. I stayed there twice in the week that I was in Brazil, using Sao Paolo as my hub for explorations. The staff were exceptional and were very helpful. The hotel offers some great services. Consider taking up their airport transfers. The reception staff can arrange a transfer in the hotel's SUV costs BRL160 to the International Airport in Guarulhos - which is a great deal. The hotel offers Nice clean and well appointed rooms with serviced apartment facilities like cutlery and microwave. It also has an outstanding full gym with a full selection of free weights and functional excercise equipment(eg TRX trainer). It also has 30+ pieces of weight machines and cardio equipment. There is a lap pool of about 20 meters. Hotel also offers free and fast Internet. Besides the hotel restaurant, the back of the hotel opens into a Palazoo of 10+ restaurants featuring a Starbucks, Sports Bar, Japanese, Italient, French, Juice Bar...My only complaint is that the air conditioners in my room were not very strong, and had some trouble cooling the room down on a sweltering day while I was there last week.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid street noise.
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dover C
SAOSB, Gerente de recepção at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Mr. Dover C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a post about your last stay with us.

We are really glad to hear we had become your favorite hotel in São Paulo.It's always our goal to exceed our customer's expectations and make you feel at home.

Your comment about the air conditioner will be forwarded to our Maintenance Manager to take the appropriate actions.

Once again thank you for your comments and we are looking forward having you again at Staybridge Suites São Paulo.

Kind Regards,

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Excelent reception staff, special recommandation for Ms.Amanda whom spoke perfect English, was caring and had solutions for all my questions. Very good fitness, you will need to pay entry if hotel does not extend free entrance, fair, simple but good quality breakfast. Going out the back, behind conveniance store, you will find a small square that caters all kinds of food, gets lovely at lunch, with movie complex. No problem with sound in room. Clean rooms, good selection of ameneties. Totally recommand (and I travel 200+ days a year)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chris3436
SAOSB, Gerente de recepção at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Chris 3436,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your last stay at our hotel.

We arel very glad to know that our front office staff pleased you and Amanda was very proud to read your review.

The fitness center is really very good and we are also working on improving our breakfast buffet.

We want to thank you again for your review and we do look forward to welcoming you soon at Staybridge Suites São Paulo.

Kind Regards,

Staybridge Suites São Paulo
Houston
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Definitely not tip-top luxury, but considering how expensive hotels (and most everything) are in Sao Paulo, this hotel offers great value. Very well equipped gym; comfortable beds; small fridge and kitchen in every room, and I absolutely LOVE the fact that each room has a truly independent A/C unit. This means that, unlike most European hotels (and many in the US as well) where you can only turn the cooling function during the hottest months of the year, in here you can really adjust the temperature according to your own preference at any time (shockingly, there are plenty of muggy nights during the fall and the spring).

The location is great, with plenty of places to eat literally outside the door. The breakfast is included and was pretty good for my standards: plenty of fruit and bread selections. I admit, however, to not being a big-breakfast guy, so if you want eggs and bacon and the like, you may not love the options. BTW, the room service options are SUPERB, because they’re delivered by two of the restaurants downstairs. I ordered something one night and almost found myself wishing I had done that more.

Downside: the windows don’t offer much sound insulation, so you can hear the buses and the hustle of the street. Also, the doors have metal blades that make it impossible to shut them quietly, e.g. you can hear every one of your neighbors entering or leaving the room. For light-sleepers like myself, that’s a bit of a turnoff, but nothing insurmountable. The bathroom and shower are a bit smallish; the temperature of the water was fine for me, but if you’re one of those folks who like to take REALLY hot showers, you may have a problem. Internet connection was okay, but not great – then again, it’s free. You can pay for a faster connection if you want, which sounds fair to me.

Overall, the pluses far outweigh the cons.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business