“More than expected”

Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo
Ranked #75 of 327 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Clean, Modern, Maintained. Reception stuff were more than helpful. Example: Advised me as to the nearest store for buying local sandals for my wife and daughter. Approved a slightly later check-out.
I had the smallest type of room / suite and it was really nice, with a very comfortable working-desk area. There are many fast-food options outside the hotel and other resturants.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Hadar S
SAOSB, Gerente de recepção at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Hadar S,

Thank you for your review about Staybridge Suites São Paulo!

Our team is really happy to know you enjoyed the hotel and our services. It is our goal to put all possible efforts to exceed our guests' expectations.

Besides all the good places around the hotel, at Brascan Open Mall we also have many restaurants choices!

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you soon!

Best Regards,

Staybridge Suites São Paulo Team

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This has become my favorite hotel in Sao Paolo. I stayed there twice in the week that I was in Brazil, using Sao Paolo as my hub for explorations. The staff were exceptional and were very helpful. The hotel offers some great services. Consider taking up their airport transfers. The reception staff can arrange a transfer in the hotel's SUV costs BRL160 to the International Airport in Guarulhos - which is a great deal. The hotel offers Nice clean and well appointed rooms with serviced apartment facilities like cutlery and microwave. It also has an outstanding full gym with a full selection of free weights and functional excercise equipment(eg TRX trainer). It also has 30+ pieces of weight machines and cardio equipment. There is a lap pool of about 20 meters. Hotel also offers free and fast Internet. Besides the hotel restaurant, the back of the hotel opens into a Palazoo of 10+ restaurants featuring a Starbucks, Sports Bar, Japanese, Italient, French, Juice Bar...My only complaint is that the air conditioners in my room were not very strong, and had some trouble cooling the room down on a sweltering day while I was there last week.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid street noise.
Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dover C
SAOSB, Gerente de recepção at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Mr. Dover C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a post about your last stay with us.

We are really glad to hear we had become your favorite hotel in São Paulo.It's always our goal to exceed our customer's expectations and make you feel at home.

Your comment about the air conditioner will be forwarded to our Maintenance Manager to take the appropriate actions.

Once again thank you for your comments and we are looking forward having you again at Staybridge Suites São Paulo.

Kind Regards,

Staybridge Suites Team

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Excelent reception staff, special recommandation for Ms.Amanda whom spoke perfect English, was caring and had solutions for all my questions. Very good fitness, you will need to pay entry if hotel does not extend free entrance, fair, simple but good quality breakfast. Going out the back, behind conveniance store, you will find a small square that caters all kinds of food, gets lovely at lunch, with movie complex. No problem with sound in room. Clean rooms, good selection of ameneties. Totally recommand (and I travel 200+ days a year)

2  Thank Chris3436
SAOSB, Gerente de recepção at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Chris 3436,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your last stay at our hotel.

We arel very glad to know that our front office staff pleased you and Amanda was very proud to read your review.

The fitness center is really very good and we are also working on improving our breakfast buffet.

We want to thank you again for your review and we do look forward to welcoming you soon at Staybridge Suites São Paulo.

Kind Regards,

Staybridge Suites São Paulo

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Definitely not tip-top luxury, but considering how expensive hotels (and most everything) are in Sao Paulo, this hotel offers great value. Very well equipped gym; comfortable beds; small fridge and kitchen in every room, and I absolutely LOVE the fact that each room has a truly independent A/C unit. This means that, unlike most European hotels (and many in the US as well) where you can only turn the cooling function during the hottest months of the year, in here you can really adjust the temperature according to your own preference at any time (shockingly, there are plenty of muggy nights during the fall and the spring).

The location is great, with plenty of places to eat literally outside the door. The breakfast is included and was pretty good for my standards: plenty of fruit and bread selections. I admit, however, to not being a big-breakfast guy, so if you want eggs and bacon and the like, you may not love the options. BTW, the room service options are SUPERB, because they’re delivered by two of the restaurants downstairs. I ordered something one night and almost found myself wishing I had done that more.

Downside: the windows don’t offer much sound insulation, so you can hear the buses and the hustle of the street. Also, the doors have metal blades that make it impossible to shut them quietly, e.g. you can hear every one of your neighbors entering or leaving the room. For light-sleepers like myself, that’s a bit of a turnoff, but nothing insurmountable. The bathroom and shower are a bit smallish; the temperature of the water was fine for me, but if you’re one of those folks who like to take REALLY hot showers, you may have a problem. Internet connection was okay, but not great – then again, it’s free. You can pay for a faster connection if you want, which sounds fair to me.

Overall, the pluses far outweigh the cons.

2  Thank DanielWeiHo
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Sao Paulo and enjoyed the property. Nice location, with an excellent courtyard area to enjoy food and drinks outside, such as Starbucks, Pizza, etc. The room I had was a good size room including kitchenette with a sitting area, and bed. Rooms were kept very clean. Breakfast was included in my rate, and the food was quite good. My only complaint was that I was required to pay a half day rate to get early access to my room upon arrival. I have never encountered this policy before, and I have travelled extensively all over the world.

1  Thank scshannon
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the Staybridge while on a business trip in Sampa. The location in business friendly Itaim is great for someone from out of town. I bit distant from most of the tourist areas, but great for restaurants. The rooms are clean, and the staff is helpful. The food court in the complex is great for quick meals and coffee/juices. The attached gym is good, but you have to pay for it. What the Staybridge lacks in character it more than makes up for with convenience.

1  Thank joxumare
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I spent 1.5 weeks in this place and I found it very comfortable.
Hotel room is very spacious, very clean (always smell good) you have a small kitchen area, a table to have dinner or something, nice space to work, and a sofa to watch TV.

Illumination is very good in all the suite, and also you will find a balcony with nice view of Sao Paulo.

Front desk team is very nice, they speak english and always are pleased to help.
Bed is very comfortable, 4 (soft and hard) pillows and an extra blanket just in case you fell cold.

The batroom area is good, you don't have enough storage to place your stuff, so better keep it in the luggage. The shower room is small but enough to move around and take a shower.
The good thing here is the hot water always!!

Breakfast: very basic, just like a B&B hotel, i would expect more for the fare you pay. The good is that if you have short time to eat you can take it in a bag! Good!!

Location: nice location an area, restaurants are in the lobby area next to the hotel with a variety of food (avoid salads place), ATM's near and nice nightlife.

I would stay again if I travel to SP.

1  Thank AlfredoH1