“Needs some work...”

Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo
Ranked #75 of 327 Hotels in Sao Paulo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Needs updating. Rooms are worn down. Very noisy at night. Good location surrounded by decent restaurants and not too far from a big shopping area. Basic internet service included in the price. Breakfast buffet so-so. Pricing expensive for what it is.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Soh K
SAOSB, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Soh K,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Staybridge Suites São Paulo.

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

I would like to inform you that we are working to improve our breakfast buffet and we also have some rooms that were renovated last year. We hope you can continue to choose our hotel for your next stays in Sao Paulo!

Best Regards,

Management Team

Reviewed March 25, 2012

I travel to Sao Paulo on business a fair amount and my company has us stay at the Staybridge Suites. It has continually been less than impressive. They have given me the wrong room keys more than once, have missed servicing my room and it just appears to be poorly run. The location is good, and the price is better than most, so that is an attraction, but go in with low expectations.

1  Thank kaliWashington
IHGCare, ihgcare at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear KaliWashington,

I was disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us. While you noted the location and price as being positive, I was sorry to hear staff services did not meet your expectations. We will review with the staff to avoid similar situations in the future. Please accept my apology on this issue. We hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Regardless of what it says...don't expect a four star hotel. It not. It is somewhere between a Holiday Inn and a Crowne Plaza - 3.5 stars I'd say. The suites with small kitchenetts are nice but very plain. No tub in the bathroom and very small. Beds are fine and the hotel is clean and very safe - room key required for elevator use. There is no business center (but there is a private one across the street open until 8:00 pm) and no lobby to speak of (but they do have a small lounge). The restaurants in 3 minute walking distance range from good fast food to four star+ dining. Considering all the other overly high priced hotels in this district, I suppose Staybridge is a good value.

Room Tip: Lower floors are VERY noisy. The glass is paper thin and it feels like you are on the street. Make...
1  Thank BostonBoi
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Mr.Bostonboi,

Thanks for writing a review with your point of view from your stay with us.
We feel very happy to know that you felt safe regarding the keys to go to the rooms and also we have security 24 hours at the mall behind the hotel that helps us to feel safer and work better for the guests.
Recently we changed our common areas and now we have a business center near Floriano restaurant that is free for guests and people that live here.
The restaurants we have at the mall are very nice and the better this is that 5 of them can be charged on guests bill.Because of that they can go there with no wallet or money or credit card and enjoy their dinner.
Thanks for telling that Staybridge is a good value.We feel very proud of our service when we read this reviews like yours.
We hope you can come back soon and enjoy your stay on our new lobby.

Regards,

Ticiane Silva
Staybridge Suites São Paulo

Reviewed March 3, 2012

The rooms could be larger, twin beds option also. The staff is very friendly and attentive as well as knowledgable about virtually anything that a guest could need. There are three restaurants within 20 meters of the reception and you can charge your meal to your room. A convenience store is located in the lobby,because the rooms have a microwave oven,dishes and tableware.
Downside:(1) The hotel has been increasing their rack rates very quickly and recently they were charging exactly the same rate as the Sheraton WTC ($350) so I stayed at the 5-star Sheraton!
(2) The windows of the room and veranda are not capable of reducing the street noise. When the city busses start running in large numbers around 0500-0600, the noise makes it hard to sleep any later (at least for me). (3) The free breakfast has suffered a considerable reduction in options and quality. The restaurant where breakfast is served is an Italian restaurant with great pizzas and a friendly staff,but the fact that the breakfast is third- partied makes the quality drop. There is an American Airlines service desk in the hotel lobby also.

Room Tip: The hotel has 30 stories but even on the 29th the street noise can be heard! On Monday nights ask fo...
1  Thank 7,727
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Dear 7727,

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into.
We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't. I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 27, 2012

The Sao Paulo Staybridge has spacious rooms and is newer high rise hotel adjoined to a nice mall area with shops and restaurants. Some of the restaurants even allow you to bill your food to your room, so you can save the time and visibility of pulling out your wallet or cash. Good restaurants in the hotel as well.

Better than this was the quality and friendliness of the staff. I am a photo hobbyist. When noticing the height of this building (32 floors) I inquired about going to the top floor to take photos. The desk staff informed me they had a helipad and arranged for me to take picture from the top of the hotel. They provided 2 managers and two firefighters to escort me to the top and back. One manager who accompanied me even took the time to explain the parts of the city and where I should go on my sightseeing tours. This was a very valuable and kind service that few hotels would take the time to provide.

This hotel is not inexpensive, but NOTHING in Sao Paulo is. It is a relatively mid priced hotel for the city, but with EXCEPTIONAL service. I would definitely say here again.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the views
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Prayzur
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. This hotel is well located and has plenty of restaurants or small shops within a few blocks. The hotel lobby was being renovated when I was there and there was way too much noise as a result. However, I imagine this work will be completed soon. The front desk is small and there were always only 1-2 people on duty meaning that there were lines during peak check in and checkout times.
I think the best aspect of this hotel is that there is a nice food court right behind the hotel and many other restaurants or bars within a 5-10 minute walk. This food court was bustling with people and has a nice combination of fast food up to high end restaurants. It made the location feel more active and less remote or lonely. There is even a pretty good sized grocery store located within a 5 minutes walk.
The room I had felt new and I liked the efficient layout of space. For a business traveller the desk and work area was comfortable. There is wireless internet which is free for lower speeds and payf for faster speed. I found even the lower speed to be adequate for my needs of email and Skype.
Hotels in Sao Paulo are very expensive and I wouldn't say this hotel is a great value. But the room was good, the location excellent, and the service merely average.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a long slow elevator ride!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2012

the staff are great. location is very good. love the food court. rooms are small. area is noisy. food standard of hotel not that impressive. many choice of restaurants around hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business