“Charming piece of France in Sao Paulo”
Review of Sarrasin - CLOSED

Sarrasin
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jardins
Queretaro City, Mexico
“Charming piece of France in Sao Paulo”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A small neighborhood house turned into a great cozzy french restaurant. Not too easy to spot from the street, so having the address with you may come handy. The first step you take into the restaurant you feel like home, the place is really charming and peaceful.

The place specializes in serving Galettes (similar to a crepe, but made out of Sarrasin-wheat (dark color) with a crunchy feel and obviously stuffed with a variety of options). Food has a true home flavor, french with a twist of tropicalization. I had the Verger and it was delicious, very balanced flavor. It came with a side salad, which made the plate to have the right size, still leaving enough space for dessert.

Galettes are prepared at the moment, so we had to wait a little longer than expected to be served. It didn't bother me, but it's something to take into consideration if your time is more limited.

Desserts are equally delicious!!! The owner advised us to get just one and share it, as it was a reasonable size. We had a crepe with nutella, strawberries and house-made ice-cream. I'm not really a big fan of chocolate ice-cream, but this is probably the best chocolate ice-cream I have had in my life, simply delicious.

I felt prices a little bit on the up side. A party of 2, We paid around $75 USD (Tip included) for 3 "crepes" with no alcoholic beverages.

All-to-all this has been a very nice lunch experience and I would defintely come back without hessitation.

Opens Tue-Sat for dinner and only Sat for Lunch

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“A Hidden French Gem in Sao Paulo”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I wanted to experience something new on our first wedding anniversary, and it was so very suitable that we found this French gem, given that our first international trip together was to France. We just L.O.V.E.D. the entire experience! The restaurant is located on a secluded street in busy Sao Paulo... A charming house (with a door bell!) + some rustic design elements (e.g. beautifully handwritten food boards, numerous wall decorations, fairy lights everywhere...) that really create a very romantic / intimate atmosphere and take you to a whole different place. We could have easily been in Saint Malo or Fougeres! We were welcomed by the owners who were very friendly and attentive throughout the entire dinner. As per their suggestion, we selected a French sparkling wine that was both fresh and fruity! Yum! We ordered the mini galettes as starters, and truly enjoyed the combination of flavors (funghi, goat cheese, ratatouille, brie cheese...). I ordered the Bergerac galette with goat cheese (yes, my favorite!), honey and roasted almonds, and it was to die for! My husband ordered the smoked salmon galette, which was also very good. We shared a Crepe Suzette as dessert. We are already planning to return since there were so many other great items on the menu, and... we did not have the chance to try their homemade ice creams! It is no secret that Sarrasin is a very special place, since it has earned the #1 spot on Tripadvisor, but we were really delighted. It really lived up to every expectation we had and we will definitely come back!

• Visited June 2013