“nice hotel but...”

Ranked #201 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
buenos aires
“nice hotel but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is nice, very good located, but, always is a but, when you want to change money, they do not change....I asked to the recepcionist to help me as I need to take a taxi that will cost 15R$, BUT he was not nice,,, After 15mnts discussion he sent the door man to a change office to change money for me. I want to emphasize that I have movility problems, otherwise I could go by my self. The room was clean and big, the bathroom is OK and has hairdryer, plasma TV and 2x2 bed, Good price.The hotel has one elevator only...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Cristiano O, Gerente geral at Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank your for your review and feedback. We take these comments very seriously and would like to let you know that we have a refresh of our rooms scheduled and that very soon we wiil be able to offer upgrade rooms to our valued guests.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about our meeting rooms, which include Wi-Fi internet access to the rate. The metting rooms have been designed to offer the best value for customers travelling on business.

I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel if your travel plans bring you back to the city!

Cristiano Oliveira

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Belo Horizonte, MG
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I arrived at this hotel late at night in January, after spending a whole day at work in Rio. I had left Belo Horizonte, went to Rio, then to SP, so I was tired. As soon as I arrived at this hotel, which I thought it was a Blue Tree, it was a Ramada. So far no problem. When I got into the room, it as large, but the entry hall was dark, I could hear people talking downstairs and on the street. I thought the windows sucked. They were old and I could hear everything outside. I was tired...The recepcionist was alright, but it was a bit messy downstairs.
The bed seemed good to me, but the noise was annoying. I got in a bad humor, it was almost 11 pm...I left the hotel, hopped in a cab and left to a Mercure in the other corner of Paulista avenue.
Probably this hotel was not as bad as I pictured, I think it was under reforms,but maybe it is better now, I don't know.
The dark halls really bothered me and the noise. I cannot evaluate the service as I left before I required it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cristiano O, Gerente geral at Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear DeMarco10,

Thank you for sharing your impressions with the other travelers of Tripdvisor.

As a senior contributor I can see you have the opportunity to experience many stays in many different hotels.

I am truly concerned about your comment, Even though we seek to offer perfection to our guests when don’t want to loose the warmth of the hospitality spirit.

Some of the points you mention are challenges we are improving in the hotel, dark halls for example.

Thank you for sharing you impression. I will forward it to the quality team to be considered. We believe that training must be a constant. We always have room for improvement.

You review will help us with this improvement.

Thank you once again for you comments. We hope to have you back to our hotel.

With kind regards,

Travelers are raving about these Sao Paulo hotels

Brasilia-DF
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

PS: I stayed in a Deluxe Double Room...

PROS:
- Location: behind "Avenida Paulista" and the "Brig. Luis Antonio" metro station, easy access to main interest points and to Congonhas Airport. Sorrounded by bars and restaurants. Walking distance from MASP, Starbucks and Patio Paulista Mall.
- New furniture and beds in the room. King size beds are really comfortable. Good space in the Deluxe room. Room is well cleaned.
- Free wi-fi internet
- Outstanding continental breakfest! (Above the average of similar Hotels): 4 types of fruits, 2 natural juices, fruit salad, breads, cakes, "cheese bread", ham, cheese, bacon and eggs, fresh made omellete, tea, coffee...
- Staff is excellent!

CONS:
- Deficient acoustic insulation, so if you have a room facing Av. Paulista you may find noisy in the morning due traffic. If you face Al. Santos street, there is noise from the bars untill 11 - 12pm.
- Cable TV is bad. Only a few paid channels (like CNN, and more 6 nationals), the others are opened channels or those "selling" channels.
- Furniture design (in white collor) gives an impression of unrefined room.
- Only one social elevator, so in bussines day it may be difficult to reach the lobby.
- There is no space in front of the hotel for embark/disembark. Taxis are located in the other direction, so it may be difficult to get one in rush hours (but the lobby can ask one for you)
- General facility (common areas) is a little bit old, as you can see in the corridors and in the floor. But well mantained.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruno G, General Manager at Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Dear Dinho,

First of all we would like to thank you for staying with us at the Ramada Hotel & Suítes Jardins São Paulo and for taking the time to write your review concerning your stay.

We appreciate your comments and hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Ramada Hotel & Suítes Jardins São Paulo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

The hotel is very well located, the rooms are big and the breakfast is excellent. On the other hand, the reception desk is not welcoming at all, being cold and distant - not real open hearted brazilians. Also they wanted to charge me more for the stay, but luckly I had the reservation in my phone. The building looks as an old appartment buiding turned into a hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank GlobGoing
Cristiano O, General Manager at Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Mr.Glob,

First of all, thank you very much for staying with us and for reviewing your experience and sharing your impressions with the other travelers of tripadvisor

Your comments have been treated by our quality department as an opportunity of improvement.

Thanks again, we look forward to your next visit to Ramada Hotel & Suítes Jardins São Paulo!

BRASIL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Estive hospedada em novembro de 2011 por 5 noites. Reservamos varios quartos, confesso que esperava mais do hotel por ser um blue tree.
Prós: localizaçäo, café da manhä, quarto simples mas bom.
Contra: atendimento impessoal, pessoal muito frio e por um dia esqueceram de arrumar o quarto.
Há melhores opções em SP pelo mesmo preço!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Cristian0O, Gerente geral at Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear traveler,

Thanks for the constructive comments.

We constantly improve our structures and this exchange of information is easier to identify where we need to act.

We hope to welcome you again in the state capital.

Kind Regards,