“Rodizio japanese!”
Review of Mori Ohta Sushi

Mori Ohta Sushi
Ranked #162 of 38,318 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Jardins
Barcelona, Spain
“Rodizio japanese!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Very good service, correct prices and a good food. Not the best Japanese I've tried in my life, but I liked the idea of a Rodizio. I will surly repeat.

Visited October 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Average sushi restaurant”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is very much a neighbour place to eat in what is a lovely area of Sao Paulo. Even on a Sunday night, many of the local Paulistas were having their family meal there with many small children. It was packed - and the staff were hard pushed to keep up with demand. A large family seated next to us had quite an altercation with the waiter and left suddenly half way through their meal. My companion was slightly nauseated by having to sit so close to their half eaten sushi for the rest of the time we spent there as no one bothered to clear the table for well over 90 minutes. Quite a distraction on top of an atmosphere nearer Pizza Express than I had hoped this cool downtown area would have.

The food is fine, not exceptional. Portions are large so one sushi platter is enough for two to share and we had some very nice goyza and skewers.

Tip: avoid the Persian Lemon Caipirinha - it tastes like iced Lemsip.

• Visited September 2013
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Good sushi, great staff”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I like Japanese food, sushi, sashimi and tempura in particular but I am not a big fan of fusion Japanese food...strawberries on sushi is quite an interesting idea..not for me, nor is cream cheese in any disguise.
My fellow diners enjoyed it, the place is buzzing, food is fresh and there is a great choice to be had...if you ask for it.
Like other reviewers, it's very good as a concept, particularly the service but its not excellent Asian food.

• Visited August 2013
Grasse, France
“overhyped or wrong name....”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I read all this wonderful and poetic reports about this restaurant, so we rushed today to go there and experience a new way of Japanese sushi cuisine. Well, to be honest - we could not find it. The staff is very friendly, the salmon (plenty-full) and tuna (also plenty-full) are fresh as is all the other food. Some taste combination with strawberries or other sweet flavors - i.e. the ginger, very good b.t.w. - are special indeed.
But overall this restaurant failed to excite us. We have eaten many Japanese restaurants around the world, but this one is not any where near to the top - to be honest. The choice of fish is rather limited and although i went for their house specialty menu - it failed to excite my taste. It is simply a good average Sushi restaurant with friendly staff - so nothing wrong with it, but by all attempts i could not see where the many other reviews found the special aspect here.
So it will remain a one off visit, despite that the fish/price ratio was amazingly good - big portions!

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Had the executive lunch which consists of 3 courses. With the waiter's help I chose the "Executive Combination" as the main course. The items were arranged in a very attractive way it all looked fresh and tasted great. The service was optimal and I felt that I am sitting among people who are enjoying their meal as much as I did.

• Visited July 2013