“one of my favorite restaurants in sao paulo” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tappo Trattoria
Ranked #434 of 38,109 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Jardins
“one of my favorite restaurants in sao paulo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great, tasty food... in a very small place....obviously equals lines...
but the food is definitely worth it. try the brasato, or spaguetti with lobster...both to die for!
the tiramissu used to be exquisite, but now it's just ok.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Food was good but service was atrocious”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We dined at Tappo last Friday evening, arriving at around 10:45pm. My first impression of this restaurant was that it is a very quaint, intimate setting. Luckily, we didn't have to wait for a table for the three of us.

We sat and waited for a server to order our drinks, and waited, and waited. This should have been clue #1 that the service would not be a priority to the staff. We ordered salads to start and they were delicious. The produce was gorgeous and the dressing on the salad was just right. We then waived our server back to the table to order our entrees. He made quick notes and walked away from the table before my husband was able to complete his order. This should have been clue #2. I ordered Chicken Cacciatore, my husband ordered a fish and my father in law pork Milanese. While waiting for dinner to be served, my husband was hit in the head with abate the server was carrying to another table.

Our food took a long time to arrive and when it did, my dish looked good, but a bit odd since my chicken was basically plopped into the middle of a bowl filled with polenta. It tasted delicious, but what a strange presentation. My father in law's dish looked good and he said it was fine. The problem was my husband's dinner... He was served beef short rib, NOT his fish dish. The server wrote it down incorrectly. When my husband pointed this out, the server offered to ask the kitchen to make his fish dish, but my husband decided to eat the short rib so we could eat together.

The server apologized but no accommodation was made for this mistake- and to top it off, the short rib was really salty... Another server came by to tell us that the server we had was new to the restaurant and that was it. Overall, this experience SHOULD have been better than it was for the price and I didn't appreciate the lack of care with the service or remedy for the problems we encountered. This proves that service is just as, if not more, important to restaurant experiences, because I doubt we will ever return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank M O
Sao Paulo, SP
“one of best italian in sao paulo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

a secret and litle place inside the most famous area in sao paulo. Ask by Raviolli di scampi. even in Italy iy cannot find something good like that. You must reserve.

1 Thank sca7777
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Best Italian in Sao Paulo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

This tiny charming restaurant (~35 seats - making a reservation is a good idea) is the best Italian restaurant in town. The atmosphere is great and not too formal.
My favourite is the Brasato with saffron risotto, but I may say everything is great.
It is not exactly cheap, but you can eat for less (and better) than in some other great italian restaurants.
If you want to have lunch during the week, the regular dishes come with an entreé and a dessert for a very reasonably price.
Tappo is definitely a must go!

• Visited September 2011