“Expensive not a synonim of excelence (Sta Cecília)”
Review of Restaurante Cosi

Restaurante Cosi
Reserve with
Restaurante Cosi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #357 of 39,209 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vila Buarque
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The saying goes that Fortune helps the brave people. Not always, the location requires a lot of self-confidence, to put it mildly. The street is not in posh surroundings.
It gives you at least a favourable bias, since its mere existence is a barrier to bad taste, in a place with little choices.
However , this was not enough, as well as the efforts of the waiters. There is a false concept that expensive food is a perfetc synonim of good food. That should not justify charging U$ 10/12 for desserts and "caipirinhas" The main course portions were not generous at all and considering that two couples ate only two of them and two salads, price was very high. One of the dessert chosen Tiramisu, had a lot of Chantilly, and underneath it, I had trouble finding the core of the dish. Fortunately company saved the day. I see other visitors think otherwise, but I see no reason to go back with so many alternatives. Even if the food was not that bad

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A nice, easy going place to go in Santa Cecília(São Paulo/capital)- a fine italian restaurant, with a good service and, what is almost impossible in this city,a very tranquil ambience.

1  Thank mkahns
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went to Cosí in Vila Nova Conceicao. This restaurant is near other great places to eat, such as Kinoshita and Clos De Tapa. They all offer a lunch menu at an excellent price. Since I live nearby, I have tried all the restaurants in the area. These three are worth it.

I went to Cosí on a Friday and the lunch menu included a Salad, Main Dish, and Dessert. The main dish was an amazing duck patty on a bed of mashed potatoes. It was very delicious and something different. I was really impressed with the taste. In addition, I ordered grape juice, which I reccommend for lunch time.

I will definitely be going back... I want to try other dishes.

1  Thank PRinBR
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My family and I went to Cosi for dinner after reading so many good reviews on Tripadvisor... and we were not disappointed! We got there early and were fortunate to get a window table (the restaurant got very, very crowded after 9.30pm!) The restaurant is relatively small, so the atmosphere is very cozy. The food was very good - we ordered the lamb, the duck pasta, the shrimps ravioli and a bottle of Italian wine. For dessert my husband and I shared a petit gateau with pistachio ice cream and I wish we had not shared it so good it was! Prices were very reasonable for Sao Paulo. We were very happy with the experience and would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Cozy place with great food and fair prices. You should try the lamb. Delicious!

1  Thank agqcaldas