“Great way for a first-timer to see Sao Paulo!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rent a Local Friend
Ranked #8 of 77 Tours in Sao Paulo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore the local Sao Paulo, behind the touristic scene, with a Local Friend.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great way for a first-timer to see Sao Paulo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was in Sao Paulo last year for a business conference (sorry it took me so long to write my review) and felt totally intimidated by the size of the city and concerns about safety. I stumbled on Rent a Local Friend on trip advisor and decided what the heck, why not? I got Nathalia as my guide and she was just terrific! Friendly, knowledgeable, perfectly fluent in English, and just a really nice person to spend the day with. She really put a lot of thought into showing me things I would be interested in (like architecture), and took us to a little neighborhood place for a real Sao Paulo buffet lunch, just like the locals do. If you are going to S.P., definitely give RALF a try and ask for Nat!

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Paseaman

San Francisco, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun, unconventional way to explore the city!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was headed to Sao Paulo for a business trip and since it was my first time in the city, I wanted to take time out and explore the city a bit. I usually like to wander around new cities on my own but two issues here - one, I do not speak Portuguese and two, I would be able to go out only after 6 pm (a lot of people advised against traveling alone after dark). I came across RALF through TripAdvisor reviews and booked Polyana for a four hour tour. She was accommodating of my schedule and even worked in a pickup at my hotel into the itinerary. We explored cultural centers on Ave. Paulista, hit up a rooftop bar for pictures and bounced out because the drinks were too expensive, and then ended the night eating, drinking, sharing college stories, and future plans. Did I see everything I wanted to? No, I did not expect to see much in four hours either. But I did walk away with a little more knowledge about the city, the culture, and the people :) Thanks Poly!

Visited April 2013
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great way to explore São Paulo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

It was so easy to set up the appointment via the website and meet up with Nathalia, our guide, whom we communicated with via Whatsapp using the wifi in our hostel. This review is long long overdue because she hosted us in December, many apologies!

Wear comfortable shoes because you really do lots of walking around because Nathalia really made sure to pack as many sights as she could into our one day tour. I liked that she factored in our interests e.g books and art and was so easy to get along with. I'm recommending her to my other friends in Singapore who are thinking of visiting Brazil! :) keep up the good work!

Visited December 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect way to explore Sao Paolo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Steffen lent me a bike and showed me Sao Paolo on a sunny day in March and it was a great day! We made sure to stop in his local and it was great spending the day with Steffen and his wife, experiencing the Sao Paolo that you won't find in a guide book... I will definitely look up Steffen again when next in Sao Paolo, and will try rent a local guide again in other cities; it's a fantastic way to see a city and have a totally different experience of the place!

Visited March 2013
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sao Paulo is the perfect city to do this”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Polyana took me around, on a Sunday afternoon showed me exactly what i wanted to see as we had been in touch a few days before hand to work out the plan.
I got a lot more site seeing in than i would have done on my own, got to see things you cant really find in guide books. Sh is also fluent in English has she has lived in the US which made communication simple! would diffidently recommend for singles and groups!

Visited January 2013