Senna's Grave Morumbi Cemetery
Review Highlights
Must visit

Difficult one to review really, how can you get excited about a grave site. However, if you're an... read more

Reviewed January 20, 2016
cr1pps
Thatcham, United Kingdom
No map, so ask for a staff

Reviewed August 26, 2015
Liana N
Sao Paulo, SP

Recommended experiences in and around Sao Paulo
from $24.00
from $115.00
from $33.75
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2015

The cemetery is not a touristy place, so when I went there to visit Senna´s grave and some other Brazilian artists, I had to ask for the staff the exact location of the graves, as there are no maps and nothing in the website.
Talking to them, they told me that more visitors come around the F1 season in Interlagos, but I´ve seen flowers in a random day.
You can park inside the cemetery and there´s actually a nice coffee shop inside the cemetery.

Date of experience: April 2015
3  Thank Liana N
Reviewed July 21, 2015

During my stay in Brazil, one of the thing i wanted to do was to visit Ayrton`s grave. I am a big fun of F1 and Ayrton was the best!! Was a honour for me to stand on the place where this person with big heart lie down forever.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank pvicenikova
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We took a 48 BRL taxi both ways from Jardin to this cemetery to pay our respect to the racing legend. We looked for a placard with the most flowers, but can up empty after several laps. We asked a groundskeeper who pointed us in the direction of the center of the cemetery underneath a sprawling tree. To our shock, there were barely any flowers. We placed our flowers at the top of his placard and took a moment to reflect. Race on, Senna!

6  Thank iheartfrance
Reviewed January 31, 2014

A visit to the beautiful Morumbi cemetary in Sao Paulo will leave you speechless. And if you are an Ayrton Senna fan, a visit to his grave is a must to do thing if you are visiting Sao Paulo to pay tribute to the greatest F1 driver of all time. Its the most visited grave in Brazil.

Date of experience: October 2013
9  Thank SS0704
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I'm not a huge F1 fan but remember when Senna was competing and how impressive he was. I also remember his tragic death, so felt it a must to visit his grave. The grave is in Morumbi Cemetery and I would recommend that you take a taxi there, for ease and safety (our taxi driver told us that there's quite a dangerous favela nearby). Also, it's good to have the name and address of the cemetery written down for the driver.

The grave is easily recognisable: under a tree and has the most flowers and flags around it. It felt very special being there and being able to pay my respects to a great man. The cemetery as a whole is a lovely peaceful place too.

Date of experience: December 2013