LimeTime Hostels
Prodigy Berrini by GJP(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
$68
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sao Paulo Iguatemi By Melia(Sao Paulo)
$83
$100
Maksoud Plaza(Sao Paulo)
$121
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Sao Paulo Morumbi(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Restaurant
$52
$191
  • Pool
$60
  • Free Internet
Tryp Sao Paulo Nacoes Unidas Hotel(Sao Paulo)
$63
$60
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Landmark Residence(Sao Paulo)(Great Value!)
$74
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2014

All the reviews I read only mentioned the good location and the friendly staff, none of them really described the real experience at the hostel.
1) No option for breakfast.
2) No air conditioning in the room, only one ceiling fan for 8 beds.
3) Room I was staying in was next to lobby and by the main road so it was extremely noisy at night because of the street since the tiny tiny so-called window had to be opened for us breathe. Room smelled because everyone was sweating and there was no fresh air.
4) There is NO regulation of guests AT ALL. People walk in your room and walk out LOUDLY and with no respect for others and even leave the door opened while others are sleeping at night or trying not to be awake by 7am. People also turn on the lights, talk loudly as if there is no one in the room. You can't sleep past 8am because the lobby gets crowded with people with loud voices, even music gets put on. The staff should at least make sure the door to the room stay closed and ask people not to shout.
5) The beds are in very bad shape. The mattresses are like a peace of wood.

I believe the high ratings are mainly for its location and friendly staff, nothing else. For all the other factors, I STRONGLY DO NOT recommend this hostel. I have traveled a LOT and my experience at this hostel was really bad. It is cheap, good location and friendly staff, but lacks all other important criteria of a good hostel.

Room Tip: Make sure not to be put in the room by the lobby. But I recommend you do not stay at this hostel at all!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Habib K
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I visited Sao Paulo in October 2013. I chose this hostel based on reviews from another website. This is a great and friendly environment. It is definitely a hostel that has a family feel. As a solo travel, it was great to stay at a place that allowed me to connect with many interesting people from around the world. It is located in a safe part of the city, close to a large mall, next door to a convenient store, and a large supermarket a few blocks down. For those that are looking to enjoy the cities nightlife, limetime is relatively close the infamous Rua Augusta...where one can find a lot of trouble ;)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2014

カーニバル滞在の為、約10日間ほど 利用させてもらいました。

駅からも近く、徒歩1分内に身の回り品が買えるスーパーもあり。(更に徒歩5分では、簡単な家電や日用・衣類品等も売っている量販店も!)周辺の道も明るく(オフィスワーカーが歩いています)立地は本当に便利で最高でした。
ホステルの外観やスタッフさん、利用客も皆さんとても良い雰囲気です!

ただ・・・
残念ながら、旅の後半。夜は快眠できませんし部屋に荷物も安心しておけませんでしたので、仕方なく当初の予定を変更し、宿をうつりました。

何故なら、知らない内に同伴者が沢山のBed bug(ダニ・ノミもいたかもしれませんが、症状からするとたぶんBed bugです)の被害にあっており、ちょうど宿泊して7日目から両手、両足、首、見てはいられないぐらい赤い発疹が出て、相当かゆくて辛そうでした。。。。

実は、こちらの口コミで”ダニがいる?”といった書き込みがあったので、

念の為、私は寝袋と日本から水で使えるダニアースを持参しました。2日目にダニアースを宿泊した部屋(プライベートルーム)でやってはみたものの、、、このような被害にあったので、きっと部屋で沢山見たものは、ダニではなくやはり4日~7日後ぐらいにブツブツが出る症状も一致していたので、Bed bugだったんだと思います。(ダニが全くいないとは言い切れませんが、、、)

私は初日から寝袋を持参し、嫌な予感がして用心していたので、帰国3日たった今でも被害にあった気配は出ておりませんが、

姉は相当大変な目にあいました。とてもリーズナブルな宿ですし、自身が選んで宿泊した場所なので中傷するつもりはありませんが、

これ以上、被害者が出て、せっかくの楽しい旅が台無しになるのが可愛そうなので、
真実を参考までに書き込みます。

This is where a good location very close to supermarkets, also from the station.
Staff helpful, I just people guests also good.
However, before the two weeks that you intend to stay initially passed, we no longer need out of here.

Because, My sister that stayed together were victims of a lot of bedpag!!!!
When bitten by a pedpag, rash is out and it's itchy About a week later.
Although we had been using a pillow and bedding without knowing,
I've noticed that there are a lot of bedpag one week after!!

Does not intend to slander because we stayed in this hostel in our intention, but the I do not want victim any more out. So, write the fact.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank plan2014
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I am so confused by the other reviews..we came here because of the high reviews and it was a disaster. First we arrived without a booking which for most hostels is not a big deal. We got off a 17 hour bus ride with little sleep and the guy said he would check if there is available room. One hour later we are like hello is there room? He was checking with other staff and looking on the laptop (checked someone in with a reservation quickly) but not once did he communicate with us. We went off to eat and returned and the lady took over but also gave us no straight answer. 3 hours later they had a room. Such terrible customer service. If I wasn´t so tired I would have lost my cool.
At night some girls came down as they had been attacked by bed bugs (they had pics to prove it). The guy at night is very very nice but spoke no English so it was difficult for them try and explain it all. This hostel is insane..the staff are all running around like headless chooks with no communication. One room covered in bed bugs. Terrible start to our SP trip!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank KiWi27_13
Reviewed February 6, 2014

So I booked five nights at this hostel based on stellar reviews on Tripadvisor.

Cannot believe that these reviews are really true.

This place is dirty. It is cheap. The dog here bites people.

I had the worst night's sleep in twelve years of travelling - the dorms have no ventilation and there are also mosquitoes. It was BOILING.

I woke at 3am itching and absolutely covered in mosi bites.

The hostel has a no refund policy of less than 24 hours notice. I spoke to the night desk employee who told me I COULD get my money back as I waned to move, due to it being ridiculously hot in the dorm an my mosi repellant not helping (covered myself in it).

The next morning - this morning - the manager Daniel proved to be the most irritating, horrible and downright rude person I have ever encountered in the hosteling industry.

I checked out on principle, because despite this Daniel acknowledging that the night man had given me the wrong information, he would not refund me accordingly, nd I have already booked elsewhere. Although I would not stat here now if you paid me to.

So well done Lime Time hostel, both the worst nights sleep ever and the worst management ever - and I have been travelling the world, for 12 years!

As I write this now, the management of the hostel are arguing in the reception area.

I have seen previous reviews which have been consistently bad over the last few months. I would suggest that if this hostel used to be good, but it is not now, and is doing downhill fast.

Spend a few extra Real and go elsewhere, trust me.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo