“Great location, safe, clean aaaaaaand friendly staff”
Review of Olah Hostel

Olah Hostel
Ranked #67 of 590 Specialty Lodging in Sao Paulo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

After 3 weeks backpacking in Brazil it was a delight to stay at this hostel. It was in a great location near to the metro station. Was superclean compared to the other hostels we stayed in Brazil. Service just amazing: staff was not only helpful but very attentive with all their guests. The generous breakfast was just the cherry on the cake :) Keep in mind, we stayed there after staying in various Brazilian cities. Thank you for this nice experience!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizzieke

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Not a party hostel, which is great for a good night's sleep, but not great for meeting people.
- Great location, in a safe area (there is a neighborhood watch guard on the street hired by the residents) and about 5 mins walk to the metro: take Dr. José Queiros Aranha street 2 blocks downhill and turn left.
It's on the right.
- Supermarket and pharmacy right next to the metro.
- very comfortable beds, shelves and reading lights in the bunks!
- Breakfast is ok, not amazing.
- Bathrooms are spacious but could be cleaner...
- Very friendly and helpful staff

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

When I stayed here, I wondered whether I just had high expectations as most of the hostels I have stayed in have been in Europe, but on reflection I think I was being fair. The breakfast was good, lots of choice and nice coffee. There was one very friendly host, but apart from that I did not find them to be very welcoming, particularly compared to the Brazilians I encountered on the streets of Sao Paulo, who were incredibly kind and helpful. There didn't seem to be a sheet on my bed either. The showers were fine though.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank EloiseNeigh
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I loved this Hostel. I booked a couple of nights, as I usually do where ever i go, but stayed more than a week before i went to Santa Catharina. The hostel is super clean, quiet, peaceful, wonderful and friendly staff. I want to send a big hug to Rodrigo and co. The location is just wonderful in one of the best neighborhoods in Sao Paulo. Not a place for party lovers or heavy drinkers.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Had an amazing stay at Olah Hostel! Friendly staff, great location, great spacious rooms and amazibg breakfast. The bathrooms are ok for shared bathrooms and the sheets are very clean!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Everything was fine until I developed tiny red itchy dots on my arms and legs which the owner said "maybe you´re allergic to something." Being in the medical field, I know this is NOT an allergy but bed bug bites. When my friend found the actual bed bug crawling slowly on his right forearm, then they acknowledge that we were telling the truth and the cleaning lady said "oh again." It seems whatever they did to the room two weeks prior to our stay was inadequate and inappropriate for us to stay there. If we had known, we would not stay. Also, instead of letting us use the washer-dryer, the receptionist lady told us to not use it anymore. They rushed us out of the room.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank ersu81
Reviewed March 1, 2011

came here with friends having a good time... girl i came with had a couple bites the next day which we thought were mosquito bites. they actually worsened the next day followed by me finding an actual tiny bed bug on my arm. at first they thought the girl had an allergy (we didn´t believe them because we are all medical professionals & know what that looks like). once they saw the bug they believed us, refunded us & allowed us to use their washer\dryer, until that female receptionist revoked that privledge from us due to their need to wash clothes (very poor service). The worse part was the maid who was very nice actually said "oh, they`re back again!" so apparently they fumataged incorrectly.. I don`t think they did it correctly (with very dry heat & intense professional exterminators). Anyway, due to the bites & me finding a bug on my arm, i highly recommend NOT staying here.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends