“Traditional and amazing”

Bar Do Mane
Ranked #78 of 38,318 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Brazilian, Bar, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centro
Madrid, Spain
“Traditional and amazing”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

A simple Brazilian-style bar within the Mercado Municipal, one of Sao Paulo's main attractions, this place serves the amazing traditional balloney (mortadela) sandwich, a monstrous serving that is delicious beyond words. Also, if you're in the mood for something different, try a "pastel de queijo", one of the biggest and most fully-filled ones I've ever had (pastel is a rectangle of fried dough that's similar to chinese egg roll dough, and filled with different things, usually cheese).

• Visited January 2014

Calgary, Canada
“Exceeded expectations!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Fantastic! This place in the Mercado was excellent. We had the Mortadella of course and it was so good we went back every day we were in Sao Paulo to have it again. Great staff, friendly and helpful and of course that sandwich is amazing!! Get it heated when offered the choice and with cheese that is the best way to have it. I miss the sandwiches already.

• Visited November 2013
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“WOW!!! Best mortadela sandwich ever!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

A true cultural experience! Do come and try this absolutely amazing mortadela sandwich from Bar do Mane. LOVED IT!

• Visited October 2013
Porto, Portugal
“Can you eat one of those???”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I must say that when I saw Anthony Bourdain eating a sandwich that defies the laws of physics I thought "on my next trip to Sao Paulo I have to try."
In the past weekend I went there, it's always a pleasure to go to the Municipal Market of Sao Paulo, this was another reason.
Well, it's hard to describe a sandwich that is 80% baloney ...
That is, eating baloney (very good) with a little bread and two slices of cheese, is the "Paulista" version of Pastrami sandwich in NY.
It is above all an experience to go to the "Mané" bar and grab one of those giants.
I leave the photo I took, in my defense, I didn't had breakfast that morning...

• Visited November 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Had to give it a try”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We tried this and the Hocca bar both were amazing and couldn't finish the food. It was very thick and we went with some locals that suggested we try both of these places and it was a great visit.

• Visited February 2013