“Not as expensive as I thought from the reviews here”
Review of Kinoshita

Kinoshita
Reserve with
Kinoshita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 38,371 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Not as expensive as I thought from the reviews here”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I almost cancelled my reservation because of the review here stating that the price of the set menu is R1650 pp. When we arrived, the menu card had two tasting menus, a 7-course and a 9-course plus dessert. We opted for the more expensive 9-course menu which was R330. Drinks are not included, and alcohol is quite expensive. We went for the cheapest sake and an Argentinian chardonnay, and both were excellent. The sushi was perfectly fine, but I wouldn't come here just for the sushi, as there are cheaper places with equally stellar sushi. The other dishes were universally interesting and some excellent. Service was a little disorganised - sometimes we had to wait for attention, a few times the courses arrived too quickly after each other - but very friendly: For instance, extra chairs were provided so our children could lie down later in the evening. All in all a great place to visit.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank sasjafrahm

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“Good for a special occasion”
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is great and the service is flawless. Nevertheless, if you are just out looking for good sushi, there are many other options with better value.

Los Alcazares, Spain
“Worth It...”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The atmosphere is excellent, and the service is up to par. Kinoshita is expensive, but it is worth it if you want to try amazing food. I don't mind paying more if I am eating something that is impossible for me to make at home or if it is sushi, so for me, it was worth it. I recommend the degustação menu, which included salmon that had been marinated for seven days in a special soy sauce among other superb dishes. Each dish was amazing and simply delightful. So, definitely pay the degustação, and have the chef impress you rather than order from the a la carte menu (which I have also done, and it was fine). I believe the price range is more than the one listed below.

Barcelona, Spain
“Good, but ridiculously expensive”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Sushi in Sao Paulo is in average very good, meaning you can have very decent sushi at a reasonable price pretty much everywhere. I went to Kinoshita invited by some clients and I couldn't believe how expensive this place is...very nice food but awful value, won't be back.

• Visited February 2012
Cascais, Portugal
“Fantastic atmosphere with surprising inovated food”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Great atmosphere, in a beautiful restaurant. The owner welcomes everyone at the door, and the overall environment is very pleasant. The food is a surprise in innovation and experience, with great dishes. The degustation menu of 7 courses worth entirely the money.

1 Thank bigfatmamma