All reviews one night lockers subway backpackers reais
Reviewed December 16, 2016

I really like very much my stayed at this hostel: close to all the bars in Vila Madalena, cheap, clean (I really don't have any appointment to say about that) and nice. The breakfast is good, but could have a upgrade, showers is Ok, rooms is OK, but I do not sure about the security of the lockers. They could change for another kind of lockers, it will be very nice.
By the way, it was a great opportunity!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2016 via mobile

We stayed there for two nights and were happy to be able to park our car inside the area without surcharge. The staff is ok. it they don't do too much.... in general it's not a hostel for socializing. When it gets cold outside there is no space where you can feel comfortable, you just can go into your dorm because everything is outside. The kitchen is fine and on our departure day they have us breakfast at 5:30 which was really kind. It's ok to stay there as it is in a nice and safe area but don't expect to meet new people etc

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Adriana S, Gerente at Sampa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2016

Hi Nicole, thanks on your comments
We´re sorry you didn´t get to know many people.
We wish you had talk to us, so we could have pointed some event nearby the hostel.
Hope to see you again and make your staying much better.

Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

I spent three nights here and had a good time. The hostel itself is not the newest, the breakfast is ok, bread cheese some fruits, standard. The stuff was very friendly and they have a nice common area with hammocks and a tv were we spend some evenings watching movies.

The area of Vila madalena is perfect to stay. A supermarket and the metro are in walking distance and there are a lot of nice bars restaurants and coffee shops near by. Because of the nightlife I always felt safe walking around alone even as a girl. If you don't mind a little walking you can also walk the way into the center.

The hostel offers something to do every day, also at night so you won't get bored and you'll meet some great people there, I did.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank marlene_zaiger
Adriana S, Gerente at Sampa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2016

Hi Marlene,

Many thanks on your comments.
We´re very glad you had such a good experience, felt safe walking around and enjoyed our common areas.
Hope to see you here again, so we can make your staying even better!

Reviewed September 28, 2016

I loved the Sampa hostel - it was just what I was looking for. I booked an ensuite private room for three nights.

Check-in was great, very friendly and welcoming. My room was large and comfortable with the only caveat being that it was a little cold (but there were blankets) and I had to pull the bed out to get at the power socket by the bed!

Breakfast was great - Brazilian standard of fruit, bread and cake - and WiFi good.

Vila Madalena is an excellent location and the staff are happy to provide recommendations of places to eat etc. It felt very safe walking around at night alone and the hostel gate is always closed with a 24-hour reception service to let you in.

I didn't use the transfer services as I was on my own; I got the metro from Tiete bus terminal on arrival and used the hostel's instructions to walk from Vila Madalena station which were great. Going to Congonhas airport on departure I got an Uber which was just under R$30 - the hostel WiFi is strong enough that you can order standing by the reception desk and then still have enough signal to wait by the gate with WiFi on until it comes, so you don't need to break into mobile data.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi Joanne, many thanks on your comments.
We´re really glad that you had such a good experience with us!
Hope you come back and we´re going to try to make your stay even more pleasant!

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Luckily I was in Sampa Hostel just for a night. I could not have my shower because the bathroom was very dirty. The pillow was spotted of I don't know what. The breakfast was included but was a very poor breakfast. They have a chicken where you can cook. You have to adapt to stay in it.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Reggina
We´re very sorry that you had a bad impression of the cleaness of the hostel.
We try to keep the bathrooms as clean as possible.
We wish you had talked to us about the pillow, cause we would have change it immediately.
About the breakfast, we consider it to be within the standard for a hostel, we offer coffee, milk, juice, tea, cake, hot chocolate, bread, cheese, jelly and fruit.
Hope to see you again and change your mind about us.