“Stayed Here When Attending Medical Congress at the Hyatt”

Ibis Sao Paulo Morumbi
Ranked #97 of 323 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Miami, Florida
“Stayed Here When Attending Medical Congress at the Hyatt”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Sao Paulo is a Very Expensive City and staying at the Hyatt where the medical congress was held about half a mile away was not an option (about $400.oo+ a night at the Hyatt) for a business trip. My Associate picked this hotel for me and his representatives to stay at. For an IBIS, it was rather good. Rooms slightly larger than what you expect in an IBIS, bathroom huge by IBIS standards. But as large as the bathroom was, the shower was tiny and water pressure in the shower could have been better, sufficient towels but only 1 bar of soap was given. Television in the room was a 19" LCD but no High Res signal, also only about ten channels (none in English) and about 4 of them were soccer games...? TV in this hotel is useless. Bed sheets while clean were not proper size and kept coming off and rolling up under you while you slept. Pillows were hard. Breakfast was ample and good but slightly expensive $8.oo and very crowded eating area. Across the street from the IBIS there is a modern shopping center with many selections for lunch or dinner. This hotel is clean and well located and definitely an option, but I would also look for other nearby options. OH, almost forgot. It was rather cool in Sao Paulo this time of year, and while the rooms have a decent airconditioner, there is NO heat option in the rooms, made it chilly sometimes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel, they are quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The good points: Location, Location. Staff were polite & friendly. Room was quiet and clean.
The bad points: Hated the plastic mattress protector and throw it in the wardrobe on the 1st night; Pillows were too hard, There were NO good English language TV channels (not even any News).
Recommendation: The breakfast should be more varied from day to day.

Porto Alegre
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Being near two shopping centers it offers what you should expect from a cheap (although not so cheap in SP) Accor hotel. You are greet with a clean bedroom with all the basic: air conditioning and a minibar. Bath is really basic with simple soap and shampoo, but this is Ibis style.

Room Tip: Avoid crowded hours to arrive (ex: between 19-21h) and try to leave all prepaid, to guarantee a fast...
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've been hosted at this hotel for 4 nights. It's like all Ibis in the world. The main advantage for me is that It's near the convention center and in front of Morumbi Shopping.
It's bedroom is OK, same for the Bathroom.
Some noise, but nothing to make me angry.
So, for those who knows Ibis It's the same of anyone; For those that wants a good location for Transamerica Expo Center and near a Shopping Center, I recommend it.

Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Issue Number 1: The hotel will charge up 8.8% fee if you choose the use its parking. During the reservation it is almost impossible to realize that the offered parking is charged.

Issue Number 2: Only during the check-in procedure I was told that I was going to get a "room for disabled people". The bathroom quality is lower than the standard room I had reservation for. To make things worst, there was a serious water leak on the toilet shower.

Issue Number 3: The woman that I talked about the problem was cold and unpolite. I only managed to get another room on the second day, after 3pm.

Room Tip: *Call the hotel to certify that you are not getting a room for disabled people, unless you need it...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Florianopolis, Brazil
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I went for a soccer play at São Paulo - Morumbi. The location of the hotel was the first parameter to choose Ibis Morumbi. It is really well located, in front of great shopping malls and near the event I went. The service and cleanliness of the room were the best, but the price of the restaurant and the options for food were very limited. I would recommend this hotel for my friends and family, it is one of the best hotels i've ever stayed and besides the food, it is perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

PTY
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I arrived at the hotel after a long flight, and even a longer commute from the airport (2 hours). Came in... could not find my reservation. I had paid for it already. So I opened my computer, and get the transference confirmation. They leave.. come back ,and say I have to pay more because the cancelled (even though I had paid), and now it is more expensive. I asked why had they cancelled? And they said I had not paid 4 days in advance. Looking at the transferece, I had paid 8 days in advance! So they just let me stand there.... the lady talking to other people (she did not speak any English or Spanish)... a nice lady came to try to explain why the price differene in little English, but I did not understand either. If I had pre-paid, I still dont get why they cancelled! Anyways, nobody paid much attention to me while Ijust stood there, noone telling me what to do. Finally I asked, and the lady said I needed to pay now, or they could not give me a room. Not during check out...I was dead tired, so I said OK ,and they charged the difference (a lot, about $40). I asked for a receipt but did not get any,I think I understood that at check out! Anywyas, I DO NOT RECCOMEND IT. On the rooms... they are pretty small. the bed seems fine, lots of wood, a safe and a little fridge, but I dont think its worth the money or the bad service.

Room Tip: i really dont know yet.. overall it is a noisy city, so...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business